Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Buffy -_Season Seven

• 17-01-2003 1:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭

Did anyone see Buffy on Sky last night. What did ya think? Whos the weird morphing bad guy with Spike?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

bugger, forgot it was on. Is there repeats on anywhere?

Synopsis anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭deezoid

LESSONS
    Director: David Solomon
    Writer: Joss Whedon
    Istanbul: a girl runs through the night, chased by two robed, unknown assailants. She puts up a good fight, but they overtake her. One of the men raises a glinting knife above her, and stabs.
    Meanwhile, in Sunnydale, Buffy is teaching Dawn the tricks of the slaying trade. Dawn fumbles and nearly gets chomped, but her sister backs her up. They lament the return of something they both dread: Sunnydale High School, rebuilt on its original site. Right over the Hellmouth.
    Halfway around the world, Giles has brought Willow to England to help her recover. She's being schooled in a coven to control her power, and is learning how everything in the universe is connected. She struggles in her understanding and yearns to be the Willow she once was, but Giles reassures her by saying, "We all are who we are, no matter how much we may appear to have changed."
    The next morning at the Summers house, Dawn gets ready for the first day of school, and a well-dressed Xander arrives with the architectural plan for the new building. He assures Buffy there are no nasties lurking, and he would know, since he's involved in the construction at the site. Buffy accompanies Dawn to school and they meet the new principal, Robin Wood. Dawn takes off for class, and Buffy wanders around her old stomping ground.
    In the bathroom, Buffy spies a small, curious-looking charm. Thinking nothing of it, Buffy looks up in the mirror. Surprise! There's a dead girl behind her who doesn't look happy. Another dead guy leaps out at Buffy shouting, "Get out, get out, get out!" There's definitely something fishy going on. The Slayer busts into Dawn's classroom just as the girl is awkwardly introducing herself to the class, then embarrasses her even further by declaring she's in danger. When Buff's unable to back up her claim, she slinks out of the classroom.
    At a café, Anya and her demon pal Halfrek drink coffee and insult the lovestruck couple singing in the corner. Halfrek tries to be kind to Anya, but she makes it known that gossip among the demon community says Anya's gone soft, ever since Xander. But more importantly, there's also talk that there's something brewing lately. Something bad.
    Back at the school, Buffy finds Xander and fills him in on the ghosties in the bathroom, while across campus, Dawn is attacked by a pencil-wielding dead guy. After excusing herself to the bathroom (bad choice), Dawn hears crying in one of the stalls and discovers a frightened girl. Suddenly, familiar ghosts appear, and the two are dragged through the floor, leaving a rather large hole in the brand new tile.
    Dawn awakens with her new friend in the basement of the school, and they find another lost student who was just looking for a place to smoke. But Dawn is armed with a gift Buffy gave her that morning: a cell phone. When Buffy locates the zombies, a fight ensues, and it becomes clear they're spirits of the dead killed on school grounds angry that the Slayer failed to protect them. Buffy gets past them and throws open a door expecting to see Dawn, only to discover a disheveled and scarred Spike, who speaks in riddles. He manages to tell Buffy that the dead guys are manifestations from a spell and a talisman for the spell has to be destroyed.
    After another call from Dawn, Buffy phones Xander to fill him in on the talisman deal. Buffy locates Dawn and fends off the zombies, while Xander storms the hole-y bathroom to locate and destroy the charm. When he does, the dead guys disappear, but it remains unclear who cast the spell.
    Out of the school basement, Buffy comforts Dawn and her new friends as the principal looks on. After seeing the connection she made with the kids, he offers Buffy a part-time position mentoring troubled students. She jumps at the chance.
    Spike's still below, and he's confronted with a being unlike any other in Sunnydale. Well, sort of. First it appears to be Warren. Then it morphs into Glory, then Adam, the Mayor, Drusilla, the Master. All dead, but maybe not so much. As the Master talks of the wild ride coming to Sunnydale, he adds, "It's not about right. It's not about wrong." The being morphs into a final image -- Buffy -- and concludes, "It's about power."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭El Marco

I tried to watch it but I had waaaaay[\b] better things to do. I never seen the the whole attraction to the program. The story is rubbish, the special effects bad and I can't stand to listen to their ramblings for more than 5 seconds. imo :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Repeated tomorrow (Saturday) on Skyone @ 17:00

Originally posted by Mercury_Tilt
    Good Man Deezoid. I missed that last few mins. Went to take a pee during the last break and forgot what I had been doing. Stood in the kitchen thinking... hmmmm Im sure i wasnt in here.

Welcome to the DustyZone merc :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Originally posted by deezoid
    Did anyone see Buffy on Sky last night. What did ya think? Whos the weird morphing bad guy with Spike?

I thought it was a good season starter, with lots of clues as to whats going to happen, and the big bad of the season, plus the groundwork for a post SMG show if she does leave at the end of the series.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

good stuff. and i will start watching Angel next week too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭GiMiC

I've already seen the first 7 or 8 episodes of the 7th season of Buffy, and I have to say I found it really boring. Seems like they're just going through the motions with regard to stories. It might pick up later on, as I've heard of some of the things Spike will be getting up to, but I'm not holding my breath. Angel on the other hand is great. I've seen the same number of episodes and although it's a bit slow for a while, there's some major things happening about 4 or 5 episodes in. Joss must be putting all his efforts into that show.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭lemondrop

Yep i saw it, thought it was pretty good but i missed the first half so thanx for posting the synopsis. Its great to see Spike back...... Im also going to be watching Angel its always a hit!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭CodeMonkey

Originally posted by GiMiC
    I've already seen the first 7 or 8 episodes of the 7th season of Buffy, and I have to say I found it really boring. Seems like they're just going through the motions with regard to stories. It might pick up later on, as I've heard of some of the things Spike will be getting up to, but I'm not holding my breath. Angel on the other hand is great. I've seen the same number of episodes and although it's a bit slow for a while, there's some major things happening about 4 or 5 episodes in. Joss must be putting all his efforts into that show.
    Have to disagree with you. I thought the season's been really good and I've yet to read about anyone sharing your dislike for it from American movie/tv forums like the one in Coming Attractions. Joss, as far as I know, has very little to do with Angel as he is more involved with Buffy this season and also on his new sci-fi show called Firefly (it's canceled now). Angel was never his thing anyway. Interesting things are happening in Buffy but I think maybe you just don't like the show anymore. I'm sure the other people here will make up their minds about the new season themselves.

Episode 2

BENEATH YOU
    Director: Nick Marck
    Writer: Douglas Petrie
    Frankfurt: a young punkish girl sprints frantically through the city, chased by two robed baddies whose gleaming daggers look familiar. They catch her, killing her instantly. They depart, but the girl opens deadened, vacant eyes and says, "From beneath you, it devours." At that moment, Buffy awakens from a nightmare about the dead girl, and echoes her final words. She knows there are other girls out there like her, dying, doomed.
    The next morning on their way to Sunnydale High, Xander, Buffy and Dawn discuss Buffy's new gig. When the Slayer asks her new employer how she got the job without college credentials, he responds that the students need someone they can relate to, and she is it. She sets off in an unsuccessful search for Spike, who earlier that morning had been ranting and raving in the school basement, terrified of something he couldn't see.
    Willow prepares to leave England, and while she's afraid of screwing up again, she's more frightened that her friends will reject her. Giles does his best to convince her it's time, and she goes on her way.
    That night, a young woman, Nancy, walks her dog, only to have it unceremoniously sucked into the ground by a big and growly worm. Screaming, Nancy takes off running and literally bumps into Xander, who brings her to Buffy's. They make a plan to go after the thing, and Spike appears in the doorway, prepared to lend a hand. It's strange--he looks totally normal, well dressed, good hair, the works. He lets it slip that Buffy has already seen him back in town, and Xander and Dawn are livid.
    Buffy knows she needs Spike's help, so she hesitantly accepts, and sends Xander to take Nancy home. Buff and Spike check out the hole where the dog got munched, and Buffy is clearly spooked, remembering Spike's attempted rape. She can't forgive him, but senses something different about him. He doesn't fill her in on the whole soul thing, but does say that whatever ate the dog is long gone.
    After Xander walks Nancy home, the two start making eyes at each other when that pesky worm returns and rips open the floor to attack. They make a break for it, running high enough up some stairs so the worm can't get to them. Nancy starts to crack, complaining that things can't get much worse, especially after her recent breakup with an abusive boyfriend, Ronnie.
    Xander has a thought, and asks if Nancy has done any wishing lately about the guy. Turns out she did, and Anya's to blame for turning Ronnie into a worm. The gang (plus Nancy) confronts the demon at the Bronze, but she is unapologetic for having turned him not just into a teeny tiny worm, but a giant Sluggoth Demon.
    When Anya looks at Spike, she sees something new: a soul. To keep her from revealing his secret, Spike hauls off and punches Anya more than once, and both their demon faces are revealed. Buffy breaks in and pummels Spike in return as he taunts her for taking out her repressed anger on him. Before she can do any real damage to the Vamp, Xander realizes Nancy is gone, and Buffy takes off after her.
    On the street, Nancy is going home when the worm comes tearing after her, and Buffy (with Spike following) literally swings to her rescue. Spike prepares to spear the worm, but there's only one problem: at the moment he stabs the thing, Anya reverses the spell and the worm turns back into a very human Ronnie. Since his chip is still in place, Spike cries out in pain after harming the human. He loses it, practically switching personalities as Buffy calls for an ambulance to tend to Ronnie's injury. Spike warns of the Big Bad coming, repeating, "From beneath you, it devours." He takes off, and Buffy trails him wondering what's up.
    She finds him at a church and, through his ravings, deduces he's gotten his soul back, all for her. Now Spike is dealing with the guilt from his past, compounded by voices in his head, and the voice of the demon that's coming. He wants to rest and slumps against a cross. Buffy watches as the smoke rises from his burning skin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭plastic membrane

Buffy was good, but the season premier of Angel last Thursday was really good. That Wesley's a badass..

Christ dee, youve been on boards a wet week and youve got a fanboy already :)

Episode 3
    SAME TIME, SAME PLACE
    Director: James A. Contner
    Writer: Jane Espenson
    Buffy, Xander and Dawn wait at the airport for Willow to return from England. Buffy is a little nervous about what to say, but Xander isn't concerned, even after Buffy mentions that Willow left her training early. They continue to wait until everyone has left the plane, but Willow doesn't show up.
    Literally.
    Seems that Willow did leave the plane, hoping for a reunion with her pals, but she walked right by them--they were invisible to her. And vice versa.
    That night, a boy tags a wall with spray paint, until his work is cut short by a long-nailed, shadowy figure that jumps out at him with an unearthly scream. Apparently, he should have found a more constructive use for his artistic talent.
    Willow goes home to an empty house. She reacquaints herself with the room she shared with Tara, briefly reliving the moment she lost her. There's no one around to comfort her, so she lies on the couch, despondent. During those same moments, Buffy, Xander and Dawn get home to an equally empty house. They commune on the couch, not realizing they're sharing space with Willow, who's there, but not.
    The next day, a solitary Willow heads over to the dilapidated Magic Box. Anya is still cleaning the debris out of the store, and she's not exactly thrilled to see the woman who destroyed it in the first place. Ultimately sympathetic, Anya sends Will in the direction of the new high school, since Buffy's got "some kind of job helping junior deviants." Willow doesn't find them on school grounds, but she does find something particularly gross: a dead body.
    Of course, Xander and Buffy are there, checking out the very same body of the dead spray-painting boy. One detail spooks them: the body is flayed. Their first thought: Willow's back.
    At the school, Willow finds Spike talking nonsense in the basement (surprise!). He's no help to her after she explains about the murdered boy, but it turns out he's actually having two conversations: one with Willow, and one with Buffy and Xander. Buffy incorrectly infers from Spike's confused chatter that Willow is involved in the boy's death.
    Willow goes back to Anya, who reluctantly agrees to help with a locator spell to find demons in the area. After the spell indicates a powerful demon in the woods, Anya confides that wreaking vengeance all over the place isn't as fun as it once was. Willow relates completely, and the two come to an understanding.
    At the Summers house, the gang researches demons that flay skin. Though Buffy still suspects Willow, Dawn finds a demon called Gnarl that sounds about right: it flays, and eats, the skin of its victims. Charming. They enlist Spike to track the demon, since it seems the baddie will have left a trail of blood to its abode. Spike leads them to a cave not realizing Willow is there as well. Willow crawls in the cave at the same time the gang does, and when Gnarl takes a swipe at Dawn, the Scoobies bolt and seal the cave, trapping Willow inside. Gnarl taunts the witch for being left behind by her friends, then lashes out at her, paralyzing her with his poison.
    Back at home, Dawn is paralyzed from the poison as well, and Buffy learns that the paralysis lasts until Gnarl is killed. When Anya arrives to stay with Dawn, she reveals that Willow is probably still at the cave, fighting the demon on her own. Suddenly Anya's demon expertise is in demand, and her friends drag her off to the cave to help Willow.
    Gnarl is enjoying carefully peeling strips of skin from Willow's stomach when the gang bursts in. They still can't see Willow, but Anya can. At the vengeance demon's instruction, Buffy gouges out the eyes of Gnarl and kills him, releasing both Willow and Dawn from their paralysis. Soon, an injured Willow reappears before their eyes, incredibly grateful that her friends haven't left her alone.
    In the morning, Buffy interrupts Willow as she's meditating, using magic to heal herself. Willow reveals that she inadvertently made herself invisible by thinking she wasn't ready to see her friends. Buffy regretfully admits she suspected Willow was the killer, but her friend understands. Weakly, Willow continues to meditate, but Buffy reaches out her hands to help, and they begin to heal her injuries together.

Episode 4

HELP
    Director: Rick Rosenthal
    Writer: Rebecca Rand Kirshner
    Buffy and the gang scout out a funeral home, looking for a potential vampire. They are all stressing lately, especially Buffy, who is gearing up for her first official day as a counselor. Her stress level doesn't stop her, however, from easily dusting a matronly vamp as she rises from her coffin.
    The next day, Xander and Willow stroll in the sun, catching up, and Willow is still insecure over her ability to control her powers. She knows the Big Bad everyone's going on about is coming, but she wonders if she'll be able to help. It becomes clear that they are in a cemetery, and Willow makes her first visit to Tara's grave. She lays stones atop the headstone, then kneels and traces Tara's name tenderly.
    At Sunnydale High, Buffy faces her first victims--uh, students. She handles varied issues with good advice, but one student stands out: Cassie. She is troubled, and lets it slip that on Friday she's going to die. At first, Buffy believes the girl is suicidal, but soon suspects that Cassie's a psychic. Quickly, Buff takes advantage of her secret weapon, Dawn, who gently insinuates herself into a library conversation between Cassie and her friend Mike. Mike bugs his pal to go to the Winter Formal, but Cassie refuses time and again, convinced she won't be around for the dance.
    Worried that Cassie may be the subject of parental abuse, Buffy and Xander make an ill-conceived visit to the girl's home. Though her father is obviously three sheets to the wind, he appears to genuinely love his daughter. As the pair leave, they encounter Cassie, who thanks them for trying to help, but is eerily resigned to die.
    Meanwhile, in the school's library, sinister-looking red-robed figures circle a burning tray. In the tray's center is a photo of Cassie.
    Friday comes, and the Scooby gang is still scouring for clues. Buffy hunts down Spike to see if he knows anything, and while he's definitely disturbed about something (as usual), he has nothing new to offer. Buffy checks out Cassie's friend Mike, but he seems totally harmless. She does spy some strange coins tumbling out of a locker during a search by the principal, and connects the coins to something Cassie mentioned during their first meeting. She corners the locker's owner, who spills that some guys are planning to mess with Cassie. Bingo.
    That night, the red-robed figures are back, and their leader is Peter, one of the arrogant boys Buffy counseled earlier in the week. The guys are scamming to get rich quick, and Peter figures calling up a demon and offering a human sacrifice might be a good idea. Yeah, right.
    Peter starts the ritual, but Buffy tears off a red robe--the guy she grilled earlier finally told her the whole deal. She knocks Peter down easily, but he's already called up a nasty-looking demon, and it wants blood. Buffy's in trouble, but Spike comes to the rescue, brandishing a flaming torch. Buff grabs the torch and goes after the demon while Peter takes a walloping from Spike, who flinches from the chip in his head with every punch. Buffy defeats the demon and Spike frees Cassie, who whispers to a confused Spike, "She'll tell you. Someday, she'll tell you."
    Buffy leads Cassie to the library door and saves her a second time from a booby trap. However, all her efforts are for naught: Cassie's eyes soon go blank, and she crumples to the floor. Turns out the end was inevitable: there was a hole in her heart.
    The group gathers to mourn, and Dawn takes the death of her new friend hard. Buffy wonders about the futility of trying to lend a hand to students when sometimes there's nothing she can do. But still she returns to the school, and does her best to prepare to help the next troubled teen that comes her way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

seen them all up to episode 14.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

Excellent, I can get an hour (well 58mins) of my life back every week. No need to watch the episode - just read deezoid's synopsis:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Dr4gul4

Episode 14 doesn't go out in america till the 14 u tit

And it's been a crap season so far Angel has been a lot better

D.

I must say taht I've been finding Buffy tremendously boring so far - I only hope all these dull episodes are leading to something great. I must admit I've been finding Angel ten times better! at least stuff happens!

Heres an interesting link to Buffy: the animated series pics - be warned though, there a deplorable download time) http://www.ericwight.com/portfolio/buffy001.html

tonights episode was one of the biggest loads of **** i have ever seen. it was depressing watching it. have the script writers run out of ideas :mad: :mad:

• Advertisement

Sorry 'bout the delay on this one folks!

Episode 5

SELFLESS
    Director: Drew Goddard
    Writer: David Solomon
    Willow unpacks and settles back in her old room with the gang's help. As they set things up, the subject turns to Anya, and how she's eased up on the whole vengeance thing.
    Little do they know Anya's responsible for the deaths of twelve frat boys -- looks like her latest vengeance spell wreaked a little more havoc than she may have intended. "What have I done?" she asks herself before trying to scrub her hands clean of blood. Thinking back, she recalls her life in...
    Sjornjost, circa 880. Anya, originally called Aud, plays with -- gasp -- bunnies! She's a bit jealous that Olaf, her sweetheart, might be running around on her with a bar matron. Anya was kind and generous in those days, but according to Olaf, seemed to still have the annoying characteristic of always speaking her mind and taking things literally. Some things never change.
    On the UC Sunnydale campus, Willow successfully begs her way back into classes with a professor. Over the prof's shoulder, she sees Anya stumbling out of the frat house, looking freaked. Despite Anya's claims of a new and sexually virile fraternity boyfriend, Willow knows something's up. She investigates the frat house and is horrified by the discovery of the dead boys. She hears a cry, and finds a girl sobbing in the closet mumbling, "I take it back" over and over. Apparently the girl's boyfriend had broken up with her in front of his friends, and she'd made a wish that they'd all know what it felt like to have their hearts ripped out. A demonic spider conjured up by Anya appeared and took care of the wish. The very same spider attacks Willow, but she uses magic to toss it through a window. For a moment, though, there's an eerie glimpse of Dark Willow as she fights the demon, which unnerves her.
    Back in 880, the townspeople chase after a huge troll -- it's Olaf! Aud cast a little spell on him after discovering his little infidelity with the bar matron. The demon D'Hoffryn appears, impressed by Aud's magical ingenuity, and asks Aud to join his demonic family. He calls her Anyanka, and says if she'll join with him, she will realize her true self.
    In Anya's apartment (current day), Hallie visits a guilt-ridden Anya. She's reeling from the deaths of the frat boys, and Hallie does her best to console her. Anya is relieved, until an extremely pissed off Willow arrives. The witch demands an explanation of the bloodshed, and though Anya declares, "They got what they deserved," she still seems unsure of herself.
    Meanwhile, Buffy and Xander are on the hunt for the spider, but it finds them first. It attacks Buffy, but she fights it off and chops it with a well-aimed ax. After they return home, Willow fills them in on Anya. Xander is furious that Willow didn't tell them about Anya's evil deeds earlier, but he falters when Buffy reveals that she has to kill Anya. Xander argues against it -- he still loves his ex. But Buffy must draw the line somewhere. It's her duty as the Slayer. Xander leaves to warn Anya, and when Buffy asks Willow to help her, Will turns her down. After Buffy leaves, the witch calls on D'Hoffryn for a little chat.
    Xander finds Anya at the frat house, but Buffy's right behind him. The Slayer is armed with a sword, and she uses it with force when Anya goes all demon-y. Buffy stabs Anya in the heart, but that's not enough to fell a vengeance demon. Buffy is about to finish her off when Xander intervenes, much to Anya's dismay. D'Hoffryn appears in a cloud of smoke at Willow's behest, and Anya pleads with him to take back what she did to the frat boys. She's willing to sacrifice herself. D'Hoffryn goes for the throat -- he takes back the spell and revives the boys, but ends the life of Anya's dearest friend Hallie instead. Anya is devastated, and Xander tries to offer comfort. However, the former demon needs to find out who she really is on her own, and with tears streaming down her cheeks, she walks off into the night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭CodeMonkey

Errrm, Deezoid, why don't you just give people the URL to the official buffy website you copy and pasted those episode summaries from?

Originally posted by CodeMonkey
    Errrm, Deezoid, why don't you just give people the URL to the official buffy website you copy and pasted those episode summaries from?

You're quite right actually, but I thought I'd save people the bother. So we'll take a vote: who wants me to post synopsis her; and who wants me to post url and you can go yourself?

Originally posted by Mercury_Tilt

are you a lady btw?

I know dee personally and i can attest to the level of hot-ness.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Dustaz
    I know dee personally and i can attest to the level of hot-ness.

Thanx, dusty!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Mewzel

so far i think its pants

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

I agree.. tonight's episode was absolutely terrible... like watching feckin dawsons creek..

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,744 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

As one of the dwindling band of people which think Buffy is better than Angel, I sadly have to agree with Repli, cringeworthy.

• Advertisement

what a load of rubbish tonights episode was. so much for this series being better than last years dismal attempt. one of my friends watching it put it right when she said it was like an episode of Home And Away from 10 years ago. it is a waste of time watching it to be honest

Episode 6

Warning - extreme dullness factor!
    HIM
    Director: Michael Gershman
    Writer: Drew Z. Greenberg
    On the Sunnydale high football field, the Summers sisters discuss the complexities of love and relationships. Dawn wonders why on earth people spend so much time driving each other insane by getting involved in tempestuous relationships, but gets distracted when her gaze suddenly slo-mo's upon R.J., a handsome young buck of a football player. Dawn's irrational affection spurs her to make a total fool of herself, more than once, in front of R.J. and his pals. It's painful. When Buffy tries to comfort her devastated sister, Dawn won't have it: she lashes out at her sister, saying that no one so dysfunctional as Buffy would understand what she's going through. Ouch.
    In school, Dawn overhears R.J.'s friend O'Donnell gloating about how he's replaced R.J. as starting quarterback in the upcoming football game. Dawn goes after O'Donnell to confront him, and in the heat of the moment shoves the kid down a flight of stairs. He ends up in the hospital, and Dawn ends up in Principal Wood's office to explain the "accident." Wood and Buffy believe Dawn when she lies that O'Donnell slipped, until the girl mentions how R.J. will now be replacing the injured boy as quarterback. After Dawn leaves the office, R.J. approaches her and asks if she'd want to meet up with him after football practice. Of course she jumps at the chance.
    That night at the Bronze, Buffy, Xander and Willow see R.J. dancing with a sleazy girl dressed in a revealing outfit, and Buffy is relieved Dawn isn't there to witness the object of her affection getting down with a ho. That is, until the ho reveals herself to be none other than Dawn. When Buffy confronts her, Dawn leaves in a huff, declaring that Buffy's jealous because someone's finally paying her some attention. In the alley, Dawn gets attacked by R.J.'s ex-girlfriend and they end up in a screaming, hair-pulling catfight. Buffy breaks it up, but both girls have definitely lost it over the guy.
    At school the next day, R.J. gets a talking-to from Wood over getting girls to do his homework for him, then gets another talking-to from Buffy over Dawn. But when R.J. slips his on letterman's jacket, Buffy's eyes glaze over and she's smitten. Later that evening, Buffy lies to Dawn that R.J. felt that Dawn came on too strong with him. For some reason, she's scheming to get the guy for herself.
    Back at school, Buffy calls R.J. out of class and drags him into an empty classroom. Soon, she's got him in a liplock atop a desk, and he's not complaining. Dawn sees them, and stumbles out of the school crying. Xander finds her, and walks in on Buffy and her young stud still making out. He puts the kibosh on that fast.
    It's a love spell, and Xander gets Willow to check out R.J.'s family online. While Buff and Dawnie have a yelling match over who R.J. loves more, the gang finds a listing for R.J.'s older brother, a bullying jock and former classmate of Xander's. The brother, a no-longer-bullying pizza delivery guy, says that the jacket was a simple hand-me-down from his dad, and he passed it on to R.J.
    That jacket is mighty powerful, since when R.J. shows up at the Summers house to see Buffy, both Anya and Willow get bitten by the love bug. When the four women convene, they go all Witches of Eastwick as they shout about how they will each get R.J. to love them the most. Willow prepares to cast a spell on him (turning him into a girl), Anya sets out to rob a bank, Buffy gets ready to kill Wood so he'll leave R.J. alone, and Dawn, seeing no way to compete with her sister, lies down on some railroad tracks. Spike and Xander interrupt all their efforts, and Buffy rescues Dawn from the tracks, assuring her that no guy, even one as hot as R.J., is worth dying for.
    Tentative allies Spike and Xander construct and execute a complex plan: they tackle R.J., rip his jacket off, and burn it. The spell is broken. The girls are back to normal, embarrassed about their crazy behavior. Except Anya, who seems to have some extra cash on her hands and offers to spring for ice cream.

oh and heres the url: season07/show_06.shtml

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭richindub2

i liked it - buffy was hot in it and it seemed rather like the older (series 1 / 2) eps :)

Heres a sad story.

Buffy' Series to End After Seven Seasons
    Wed Feb 26, 3:47 PM ET

NEW YORK - Stick a stake in it: "Buffy the Vampire Slayer (news - Y! TV)" is done.
    After seven years, the series will be over at the end of this season, said its star, Sarah Michelle Gellar (news).
    "'Buffy,' in this incarnation, is over," Gellar told Entertainment Weekly magazine for its March 7 issue, her eyes welling with tears.
    The series will wrap up with a five-part story, which will include the return of Faith, the bad-girl slayer, and Buffy's first love, Angel.
    "We're gearing up to tell a fabulous, huge, great arc," Gellar said. "It's going to be pretty spectacular."
    But the show may come back to life in some form: Its creator, Joss Whedon, is planning a spin-off that may include some "Buffy" cast members. It will be pitched first to UPN, "Buffy's" home for the past two seasons; for five seasons before that, it was on the WB.
    Gellar, 25, gained fame on the cult hit as Buffy Summers, a perky high school student burdened with the responsibility of killing vampires in the seemingly idyllic town of Sunnydale, Calif.
    Last summer, she co-starred with Freddie Prinze (news) Jr., who's now her real-life husband, in a live-action movie version of "Scooby-Doo." A sequel is scheduled for release in March 2004.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,050 ✭✭✭gazzer

It is very sad that SMG is leaving Buffy but i suppose it is good that she is leaving when the show is on a high. I know some people who have posted here think that last few eps have been pretty bad, however tonights episode is brilliant, i wont say anything about it but i would say there will be a few people posting tomorrow singing its praises.

Actually the ep of Angel which is on tonight is really really funny, i saw it on VCD last week and had a good laugh.

No that it is confirmed that Angel is crossing over to Buffy for the last ep i wonder how it will be played out, i doubt Buffy will die (been there 2 times already).

tonights episode was quite good. a huge improvement over the last 2
    i liked the scenes with Dawn in the house most. some of those shots of her mother were freaky. it was well played out. towards the end with Willow and that blonde girl (who died a couple of episodes back) was pretty wierd. Spike chowing down again and the return of nerds. it was pretty impressive stuff overall. hopefully it will keep going like this and not revert back to it's Dawson Creak kind of ways

Not a bad episode at all. Looks like the start of a good - and final - story arc!

Episode 7

CONVERSATIONS WITH DEAD PEOPLE
    Director: Nick Marck
    Writer: Jane Espenson & Drew Goddard
    Nighttime in Sunnydale. Buffy's on patrol, Spike's at the Bronze, Willow's studying at the campus library and Dawn's home alone. A familiar duo heads for town: Jonathan and Andrew. What's left of the Evil Trio has a plan to fix what went wrong last year, and in the process, end the demonic nightmares they've been having while on the run.
    With the house to herself, Dawn lives it up, eating anchovy (why, Dawn, why?) pizza and dancing around the house. She hears banging noises once in a while, but at first she's able to brush them off. While watching television, she realizes there's something wiggy going on. Her TV won't change channels or even shut off when unplugged. The banging gets worse, and when Dawn checks outside, wind practically blows her across the room. It's clear she's in trouble. All the appliances in the house come to life, and once she smashes them, she hears her mother's voice in the silence.
    Buffy stakes out (so to speak) a fresh grave in the local cemetery, and starts to fight with a new Vamp. They go at it until the bloodsucker, Holden, recognizes Buffy from high school, and they spend a few minutes catching up. A former psych major and lover of tae kwon do, Holden doesn't know much about being a Vampire, so Buffy fills him in on his new status, as well as on her role as the Slayer. They have an oddly therapeutic chat, discussing Buffy's fear of commitment and slew of bad relationships. She confides that her last relationship was incredibly complex and confusing, and the aftermath has left her emotionally decimated. It's intense. Holden and Buffy agree not to take their inevitable fight to the death personally, but shortly thereafter Holden sucker-punches Buffy with a Virgin Mary statue and their duel starts up again.
    Meanwhile, Willow's having some weirdness of her own at the library when she's confronted with the specter of Cassie Newton. Cassie says she's in contact with Tara and suggests that Tara cannot be there herself because of Willow's destructive behavior following her death. Foreseeing Willow's path, Cassie warns Willow never to use magic again. Willow assures her black magic is off her list, but Cassie insists that any magic will only lead to darkness. Though Will is sure she'll be okay, Cassie says no, "You're going to kill everybody." Yikes.

Jonathan and Andrew break into Sunnydale High, excavation equipment and architectural plans in hand. Their plan: find the Seal of Danzalthar, tell Buffy about it, and help her save Sunnydale. They'll find redemption, then maybe Buffy will invite them to join the Scooby gang (yeah, right). There's only one problem: Andrew's being coerced by the ghost of Warren, whose plan doesn't sound anything like Jonathan's. Andrew's looking to become a god, which doesn't bode well for the whole "saving Sunnydale" thing. Warren's ghost points Andrew in the direction of the Seal, and the guys start digging in the place they believe it's buried.
    Dawn calls out for her mother, but something seems to be preventing Joyce from speaking. Something bad. Dawn sees flashes of her mother in the pose she died in, but something menacing is hovering over her. Frantic and hysterical, Dawn tries to phone Buffy but canÕt get through. Finally, she begins a spell (learned from Willow) to cast out the evil. It fights back, but ultimately she defeats it. Joyce materializes in a bright light, but delivers some disturbing news: "When it's very bad, Buffy won't choose you. She'll be against you." Dawn doesn't know how to react, and Joyce fades away into the darkness.
    Horrified by Cassie's revelation, Willow begs for a solution. Cassie says if she can't stop using magic, another choice remains: eternal rest. Willow becomes suspicious, especially when Cassie adds that she'll get to be with Tara again in the afterlife, and her friends will all be safe. When Will demands to know what's really going on, Cassie reveals that she's the Big Bad that's been foretold. "From beneath you, it devours," repeats Willow, and the Big Bad replies, "Not it. Me." It morphs, then vanishes.
    In the cemetery, Buffy and Holden continue fighting, talking, fighting, talking. Holden draws it out of her that her last relationship was with a Vamp, and that subconsciously she wanted to be punished for feeling superior to her friends and the rest of the world. When Buffy lets it slip that her last boyfriend was Spike, Holden recognizes the name.
    Andrew and Jonathan unearth the Seal of Danzalthar, discussing what they want once they complete their task. Jonathan misses his old life, his friends, the real world. Andrew, however, is bitter over his past, and his anger no doubt helps him as he stabs Jonathan once the Seal is uncovered. Jonathan's body falls upon the Seal, which illuminates when his blood spills onto it.
    Spike, meanwhile, has been wooing a young lady in the Bronze, and after he walks her home, he Vamps up and takes a bite out of her. Across town, Holden reveals that Spike is the Vampire that sired him. Buffy dusts Holden, then reels in shocked disbelief over the news about Spike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭lemondrop

Originally posted by daveirl
    I thought they couldn't have crossover episodes anymore because Angel switched networks?

Sure Joss is involved with both and WB id say wouldnt have a problem with it as it had Buffy for 5 seasons. Can youi imagine the amount of viewers that its going to drag in.....Not only Buffy viewers but Angel aswell and all those former fans who are interested in seeing how its going to end.

Its probably a good idea for SMG to leave now. Im sure she doesnt want to get branded as Buffy for the rest of her career. Its happened to so many others before her. Its mad to think that she was the one who doesnt want to renew her contract and now there finishing it. It must be cool to realise that you ultimiately have that power!!!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement