Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Time of day and eating afterwards (excercise)

• 10-01-2003 12:21am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 276 ✭✭

Hi,
    Just want thoughts on

Time Of Day you should do/reccomended to do Excercise:
    I usually do my WOG (Walk/Jog Intervals) at night time before I come to bed so that I aren't having lots of food afterwards basically cancelling out half the work I have done, but are there any reccomended times for it to be done

Food Afterwards:
    I usually drink a glass or two of water and have a piece of fruit. Is there anything which is deemed good to eat/drink after excercise

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dathi1

Generally its a good idea to exercise before tea time as you absorb nutrients much better after a good workout. Running or fast walking late can cause you to misdiagnose heart palpitations in bed as your heart muscles are still recuperating from the bout. Best to get it over with anyway so you can relax. I run 6K every other day 6-Pm weekdays and 10 am 10k Sunday...usually take 50/50 orange and juice water with a very small pinch of salt immediately afterwards. The usual carbo load: Pasta, wild rice, salad for lunch will boost your batteries for evening. Eat whatever you like afterwards but no alcohol until at least 6 hrs afterwards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Jak

I usually do my WOG (Walk/Jog Intervals) at night time before I come to bed so that I aren't having lots of food afterwards basically cancelling out half the work I have done

Once more with feeling ...

Eating after training is NOT 'cancelling out' the work done

Let's try to keep some of the myths we dealt with dead.

JAK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭Runfree

I tend to eat fast release carbohydrates after a work out to get my energy back. If I had a hard day of work I would take this before my workout aswell just so I have enough energy for my work out.

I eat like a maniac and don't gain wait anyways.

I do my work out whenever I can. However I rather do it in the Evening but sometimes have to do in the morning because of my work hours.

Ah well I think it is all myths though about when the best time is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

How could it be a myth ? There are bound to be better times than others.

I found I had more energy and could do a savage workout around 11.30 in the morning.

I had the whole afternoon and evening then to get nutrients into me too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Jak

It is a variable Yellum to be fair.

Certain lifestyles or genetic types can be better suited to training at certain times.

Generally though, mid afternoon is considered one of the better times for most people, given your body should be at its active peak and well nourished and awake.

JAK.

Ps - I never recall seeing any documentation noting major differences for different training hours though, make the time whenever you can.

• Advertisement
Advertisement