Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

drink

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

Originally posted by Mercury_Tilt
    Your only making it harder for me to chat to Seraphie tbh.

/me shakes head slowly in confusion

i'm just gonna leave this be now....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by Caesar_Bojangle
    Steve you can buy non alcoholic becks but whats the point in drinking something which tastes like becks if it doesnt even slightly stimulate your mind

I like Becks. And I like that alcohol-free Becks almost as much. Better than that American horse water.

All right then, here's my honest suggestion: have half a pint of yogurt about an hour before you go out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

Had a Yop! today it made me sick so i can only imagine the consequences of having a half pint of yogurt then going on the pizz. Just do as i suggested earlier then someone else ripped it off and played it as their own original idea. Drink a pint of water between drinks, it will work Caesar guarantees it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭Mr.Applepie

Just be happy that it doesnt cost you about 70yoyos on a night out. 40-50 of which is on that wonderful god damn substance known as beer!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Count yourself lucky. I'd give my right arm to be locked on 2-3 pints.

Being a student, I have to go the cheap route - Shoulder of vodka at home, 3-4 pints when out, and as many shots of vodka as I can scab. I usually end up at least €30 poorer (before I go for transport home) :(

That said, it's nice to be able to go for one pint, and feel fine afterwards (but never drink and drive kids).

The eating one is good. Eat a good deal before you go out. Chrimbo day, I had 12 cans (over the course of the day) and still managed to play cards relatively coherently. Could only be due to the small field I consumed on Chrimbo day.

Oh, yeah, and uh, my penis is bigger than yours :p

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Originally posted by damnyanks
    Doesnt milk help or is that to stop you getting sick ?

milk i'm told lines the stomach, stopping u from getting drunk as quick and also getting sick as quick, if at all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

Originally posted by monument
    milk i'm told lines the stomach, stopping u from getting drunk as quick and also getting sick as quick, if at all :)

But drinking milk after drink isnt good, it goes sour from the alcohol

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Drinking milk before going out drinking does indeed line the stomach and stops the alcohol eating at the lining.You know that feeling of sickness you get the next day, well milk stops this.If you overindulge you get sick,milk or not.As for intolerance basically there is no short term answers(speaking from experience)Your body will build its own intolerance over time.For a while without gettin locked have a couple of pints a night and gradually increase.There im glad all my days of drinkin wasnt wasted.
    Incidently the very best hangover cure(if your not too blocked to remember) is to have 2 or 3 pints of water before you go to bed.Stops the dehydration which causes them woeful headaches.
    You know the ones im talkin about!!!

Petes

Advertisement