Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buggest game ever you played across on the PC? (before or after patches)

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Originally posted by hamster
    Civ3? Does anyone find that slllllooow? I think Civ2 is the best of the bunch still if only it did not depend on WinG (if it still does in a newer version of civ2?)
    It's quickened up a good bit with the patches to the point where it's actually playable. I really like it can't wait to have acrack at the multiplayer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

Elite II : Frontier was an incredibly stable and cool game
    it was also a freak of nature, ever wonder how under 3mb of code could track an entire galaxys worth of planets and thier orbits at all times?

then again every time i tried to enter the beta Lyrae solar system the gmae locked up on every format :)

Frontier : First Encounters however

the release version you couldnt buy half the ships or equipment, 70% of the storyline wasnt finished and taking on some missins caused your commander to enter a fatality loop (ie no matter what you id you died)

how i laughed, after 15 patches it barely works still :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

buggiest pc game i've played would have to be soul reaver, i got a budget copy of it during the summer & it crashes to the desktop at the excact same place every time i play it
    Same happened me with AvP2, never got it fixed, just gave up on it. It happened about two thirds the way through for each race, which was highly annoying considering I loved the game :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

Tribes2 without a doubt. Even the patches needed to be patched ffs.

.logic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Superfurry

I believe Ultima IX was one of the buggiest games ever released (and patches didn't improve it). Not even sure if it got widespread release (the reviews were so damning)

Ultima IX was the game that finally turned me off PC gaming, and was the last PC game I bought. The game was just unplayable, and realistically was six months away from being finished. It's a terrible shame as there was a great game hidden in there among all the rubbish code. I still have it sitting at home, taunting me.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

MOHAA has to be the worst offender for me.I kept getting errors with the Miles sound system-so much so that I returned the game AFTER buying a new sound card.I even spent 5 hours in one sitting on to EA tech support.
    Still cant get the thing running(I got it as a present for Xmas again and returned it again).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭hamster

I considering getting Ultima IX but after reading the detailed reviews that came out afters and waiting for a suitable machine to come out... no way. A shame that the Ultima series comes across such a turkey. But it's a pity developers don't get a chance to finish these things before it's released.

Doesn't the Playstation suffer from this? The consequences must be serious for a console game that can't be patched after patch after patch? :rolleyes:

Are PS2 games stable in general?

Advertisement