Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Self Congratulatory Bench Post

Options
  • 29-12-2002 11:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 47

Session went as follows:

Low Incline DB Bench Press
    15 x 60lbs
    10 x 75lbs
    05 x 90lbs

Thoughts - Shoulders tight. Feeling less than brilliant. Bit of a blocked nose.

Flat Olympic Bench Press
    08 x 198lbs | 090kgs
    05 x 253lbs | 115kgs
    03 x 308lbs | 140kgs

Thoughts - Good. The 308lbs for 3 was very easy. Warm-up is now over.

Flat Olympic Bench Press
    01 x 352lbs | 160kgs [very easy and fast]
    01 x 396lbs | 180kgs [once again this was easy]
    01 x 440lbs | 200kgs [new one rep max]

Thoughts - The 440 was an increase of 11lbs on previous max. The lift was good. It went down slow and under control and on the ascent it was smooth and not that slow. The only problem was clipping one of the spotter clips 3inches from full lockout which threw the bar a bit sideways but was not a problem regarding me closing out the rep.

Important point - Rep was a true RAW lift with no wrist wraps, no belt. Only a t-shirt and chalk was used.

I felt good.

Flat Olympic Bench Press
    01 x 462lbs | 210kgs
    I failed here but not badly, maybe I should have been more cautious and opted for 202.5 - who knows?!

We decided to do a burnout:

Flat Olympic Bench Press
    15 x 308lbs | 140kgs
    This felt so light. I got a light spot on the 12th-14th rep just to ensure I'd hit number 15. I paused 15 on the chest [as you do] and closed it out minus spot.

21 x 220lbs | 100kgs - best I've ever done and given all the above, respectable.

Finished off with dips.

Parallel Bar Dips
    12 x Bodyweight
    06 x Bodyweight
    05 x Bodyweight

Feeling a bit sick now and shoulders are on fire, absolutely drained but at least a new max was achieved so my year has been a success. 440lbs is in reality more than I could have hoped for at the start of the year. 500 is now the goal as a lifetime natural. I weighed 258lbs or 117kgs today which is a touch inflated due to overeating all yesterday and the day before in preparation for the lift. My true weight is probably 252lbs or 114.6kgs.

Footnote: shoulders are fine now but if I cross an arm across my pec as in right arm reaching toward left delt etc. my chest is prone to some nice sharp cramping!

For the record measurements are as follows:

Chest - 50.50ins
    Arms - 18.25ins
    Quads - 29.10ins
    Calves - 17ins
    Forearm - 14.37ins
    Neck - 17.32ins
    Waist - 38ins
    Weight - 18st6 | 117.2kgs | 258lbs
    Bodyfat - 15% online based on weight, age, height, waist. My view under 18% how much, depends on the test!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭walt

an animal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭Runfree

second that. Ure a pretty big guy I wreckon Guv.

My waist is only 30 inches and im 10.5 stone 5'11 tall. all i am is skin and bones(ok so I do have muscles cause i have been going to the gym for a year)

But ure huge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭Runfree

Oh yea and I only bench 11 stone what ever that is in pounds. bout 67 kgs anyway. 160lbs??

Well not much from me. Just starting the protein and creatine though so hopefully in a months time there will be some improvement.

Lets hope for the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,016 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

How tall are u Guvnor?

Advertisement