Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why do you train?

• 16-12-2002 3:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 47

What is your reason for training?
    What got you started and what keeps you going?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,402 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

I train for several reasons:
    • A desire to have a good general level of fitness (i.e. as fit as I used to be)
    • I want to play rugby again - I haven't played for over 4 seasons
    • I really would like to try and lose the handles and beer belly. Don't know how realistic this one is[1] but I'd love to be ripped for once. Sure I'll give it a go :)

1. I don't make enough sacrifices regarding diet/lifestyle - I have not given up alcohol, and while I eat quite healthy generally I will still have my egg fried rice or chips every once in a while... not enough commitment but I have my limits.

Al.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭Runfree

Why do I train???

Well I train to keep fit. Also building a bit of muscle.

Well what got me started is that at first I used to be just skin and bones.

What keeps me going is that I enjoy going to the gym. Love pumpin those massive weights that are outta my league but still lift them.

Nothing feels better then lifting weights you thought you wouldn't do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

Well I've often wondered why. I started training when I was 13, did alot of tae kwon do and boxing. I started because my older brother asked me to come along and when I got there I liked it. I started lifting weights when I was 17. When I hit 18 it kind of stopped, the leaving cert was on me and I had to study alot so didn't have much free time. When I hit college again I lacked the discipline to get back into a training regime and my fitness levels dropped dramatically over the next few years.

I've started back again with a while now and I'm loving it. I had forgotten what it was like to train hard.

It's the best feeling in the world. At the start it was hard but now it's a part of everyday life, strength is up, attitude is up and self confidence is up.

All in all I wouldn't give it up for the world.

Train hard and get huge.

.logic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭Musashi

I started because I used to be a tub of goo in school, no interest in Hurling or football.Started on the buildings as a labourer and dropped weight and built muscle.Then started to work in a factory and wasn't getting that buzz from a hard days work done well!Also started to train in Tae Kwon Do but got whupped cause I fought at 68 kilos with all the heavyweights! Weight training had me benching 80 and 90 kilos at 68 kilos bodyfat and it makes a difference in the ring.Don't miss the dieting and extreme cardio for tournament prep. but still like to hang and bang in the weightsroom :-)

Advertisement