Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GigSmart Info!

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 wingzero

Wow I didn't know there was sore ass carry on involved. . definately a stay away org there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 ElChupreNegre

Yeash its true...

A mate of mine,lets call him Jimmy, and his band wanted to play a few gigs in Dublin. They're from Carlow and didn't really know how to get a gig up here so they set one up with Gigsmart...trouble is they never actually got to play a gig, they ended up as helper monkeys caught in a vicious circle, carrying amps and kits around and handing out fliers and begging people to come and see New Colour Soul...

Tragic waste of young talent if you ask me...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Nice little rant you had with yourself there. Too bad that because of this, it holds no merit.
    Banned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

hah... thats gas. I love those nonsense rants about gigsmart.

GS are decent people doing good work. No more, no less.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 y teimlad

Giblet wrote:
    Nice little rant you had with yourself there. Too bad that because of this, it holds no merit.
    Banned.

why was this person banned exactly? are they not allowed to post their opinion on gigsmart? will i be banned for asking these questions????

"go back to sleep america, you're government is in control...here's some more american gladiators...."

• Advertisement

No because they were trolling. It was a duplicate account, or a mates one. You might be banned if I bother to check if you are the same person.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Propaghandi

y teimlad wrote:
    why was this person banned exactly? are they not allowed to post their opinion on gigsmart? will i be banned for asking these questions????

Its called fascism...combined with the obvious power trip that Giblet is on!!!

Guess I'm banned now as well...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

It's very easy to talk ****e on an internet forum when you're protected by anonymity but if you muppets had any balls at all, name your bands, let's hear how good you really are. You sound like a a pathetic bunch of whingers just looking to take a cheap shot at someone who's actually doing something. Trev's email address is posted if you want to contact him directly to discuss why you don't get gigs with them (not that anyone is entitled to gigs with them anyway).

Oh, and before you start taking more ****e, let me confirm that I am not involved/associated with Gigsmart in any way, though I have a got a lot of time for Trev who invests considerable time and money for sod all in return.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Guess I'm banned now as well...

Yes, along with ElChupreNegre. I don't care if you're one person (most likely) or more than one person.

BTW, Doctor J, I can pinpoint exactly which FAS training centre they're posting from, so they're not as anonymous as one might think.

Ah I dunno, they probably think gigsmart owes them something. They don't have an obligation to gig crap bands.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭Trev M

Hey fellas,

Appreciate all the comments , I suppose both good and bad.

I guess the whole web boards thing is pretty much un avoidable in terns of people getting very frustrated , agressive , abusive and what not.

Let me say this , genuinely we make an effort to help people out who help us out. We never gaurantee anyone anything, people should get involved because they want to, if they are in it solely for themselves they will get NOTHIN i make no apologies for that.

If I say I will try and organise a gig for someone thats exacly what I'll do , there are a lot of bands to get to maybe your band has to wait a while ? Sorry ?

If you dnt stay in touch or stay involved inevitably the band or artist that does gets looked after first. Be in it because you are interested in Music and the local scene, not for what you can take out. Several bands from Carlow by the way have played GigSmart gigs and have been pretty damn happy about it too.

GigSmart is by no means perfect and by no means as bleak as some people point out . We do our best and concentrate primarily on those who make an effort and have some centilla of ambition and potential.

Regarding Mike Got Spiked - GigSmart had a significant input into the development of the bands popularity, we are no by no means responsible for it in its entirity, many bands have benefitted from GigSmart many havent , we cant be all things to all people but we do our best to be straight up with people.

We wont get it right all the time. My number is on the GigSmart site , my email too , its funny that no one ever makes an attempt to discuss grievences with me in person like an adult. All our activities are in the open on our web board and all our meetings are announced and anyone is free to attend...does this sound like we have something to hide, or are not willing to discuss things?

I leave it there for now and would ask people to make up their own minds about GigSmart.

All the best,
    Trev

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Propaghandi2

A mate of mine,lets call him Jimmy, and his band wanted to play a few gigs in Dublin. They're from Carlow and didn't really know how to get a gig up here

Yo Trev/Gigsmart

Just to clear one thing up-I was being facetious when I made the above comment-A mate has informed me that yes indeed there has been a band from Carlow with a "Jimmy" in it that had involvement with Gigsmart and those guys are getting a bit hassle due to that post.

I don't know the band at all and have nothing to do with them:the reference to Carlow was made purely cos its a bit of a kip full of lunatics.

Apologies for any misunderstandings caused!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Propaghandi2

Giblet...you can suck my big fat hairy baws...

...now you can ban me again...ha,ha,ha!!!!!!!!!!

I'd advise you not to post again, for your own sake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭tomMK1

our band is from carlow, we played a gigsmart gig but none of us are called jimmy ..... except for a gigsmart username.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

Ohhh... that "...for your own sake" sounds like a bit of a threat.

Ah, the gigsmart people are good lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭gilly

ah ive supported Gigsmart for years now, and all i can say is.....you get out of it what you put in! there are no free rides (l;) ). you'll get as much assistance as possible and all that is asked in return is to turn up to other gigs and support the other bands. its a nice idea, great bunch of lads and ladies.

ill kill anyone who says otherwise!:D

Gilly G-String.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

It is the pimple on the arse of Ireland.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭gilly

ill bait you! grrrrr! hehe!

Advertisement