Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funniest moment in any game?

Options
  • 18-11-2002 1:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭

my personal favourite was in Outcast on the PC,

basically, you get to ride around on these huge ostrich type beasties, but to be able to mount them you need this smelly rag that smells of the beastie in question...

this rag is called a "Gui" pronounced "gee" which is slang for a particular female body part as we all know..

the immortal line is
    "This gui is really starting to stink, the stench is really getting to me..."

I think Belgians made the game which might explain some things...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

COW LAUNCHED

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

The GTA games have lots of laugh out loud funny moments... But I think the moment in a game I've laughed hardest at is, bizarrely, Klonoa 2 on the PS2. There's a snowboarding stage in the middle of the game where you start playing and suddenly the music breaks into a vocal track - sung entirely in Klonoan, the made-up language of the game. I don't know why, but I was laughing so hard at this the first couple of times it happened that I couldn't see the screen and failed the level miserably :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

COW LAUNCHED

is that from Earth Worm Jim series ?

cos the Salamader level would be my fav from EarthWormJim 3D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

earthwormjimgen2.jpg

just so funneh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

how about the bit near the start of sam n max where max sticks his hand down a kittens throat and pulls out the mission brief.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

I always liked the bit in Monkey Island where Guybrush walks off the cliff. There's a deathly stillness and then a window pops up asking whether you'd like to restart the game. This is pretty shocking considering you didn't think you could die in a point and clikc title. But then, before you get a chance to decide, Guybrush calmly bounces back on screen with the simple explanation, "Rubber tree".

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Terminator

Attack of the chickens in legend of zelda (SNES). Quite funny the first couple of times.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,907 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

For me it would have to be the start of Grandia were Justins ma is giving out to him and keeps hitting him over the head with the frying pan.

Also 3D realms Duke and shadow warrior games deserve a mention and also the old lucas arts scumm engine games

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Spacedog

Full Throttle:

When ever Ben the hardest biker and leader of the gang had to run, he'd run like a ballet dancer or something. hehehe :) That and the bunnies LOL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

When i thre a grenade into a room of soldiers in the half life demo.

"Hold back hold back!"

/me chucks grenade

"Oh shi--"

*BOOM*

Other than that alot of the dialogue in Landstalker and Phantasy Star 4 was hilarious. All the cross-dressing in FF7 was also amusing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

Monkey Island 1, The disclaimer when you feed the pirana Poodles the poisoned meat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

"I`ll get you for that "

Worms

"1 2 3 FOURRRRRRRRRR"
    Wario in Mario Golf.

"ngh ngh ngh"
    The lil guy who used to kick your opponents head off screen in Barbarian on C64.

Anything in Goemon Mystical Ninja on N64.

Kdja

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭Tazz T

Duke Nukem. There's a christmassy level with snow and sometime's when you kill a pig Duke sings:'pig's nuts roasting as I open fire.' I fell off the sofa first time I heard that.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,470 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Last Torture Chamber in Creatures 1 (Commodore 64), when the little fuzzy wuzzy falls off the ledge and lands beside the chainsaw guy. He does a double take, his eyes pop out on stalks, and he tries (unsuccessfully) to run away. :)

- Dave.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

The "alleluiah!" accompanying the holy hand grenade in Worms always gets a chuckle out of me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

Serious sam when he screams "HUUAAAAAAGGGHH YOURSELF!!" to those kamikaze cannonball head guys :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Thorbar

Most of Grim Fantango had me pissing myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Mark

Most of Grim Fantango had me pissing myself.
    Second that, I loved that game so much :). Best voice acting in any game Ive ever seen

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Getting the nail gun in Quake.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Originally posted by Spacedog23
    Full Throttle:

When ever Ben the hardest biker and leader of the gang had to run, he'd run like a ballet dancer or something. hehehe :) That and the bunnies LOL

"Not with my box of bunnies."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

always makes me laugh when you shoot people in the ass in goldeneye on the 64, and they start jumping about in pain.

Also, when crossing the thunder plains in FFX, Rikku's freaking out was class

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭mystik

any one ever play "the longest journey"

april ryan is the funniest character ever!!
    Funny bit:

when the old sailer dude starts telling her one of those really long and boring stories and she goes to sleep. When he wakes her up he asks her if his story put him to sleep she says.............wait for it! : "Wha! Huh? NO, no, no....i wasn't sleeping! Just concentrating, REALLY HARD!!"

Funny eh?!:D :D:D:D:D:D:D

well not that funny.......:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭El Marco

The insults flung in the sword fights in Monkey Island.
    And there are soo many other funny classic moments in all the monkey islands.

Here is but a few:

Insult: Every enemy I've met I've annihilated!
    Reply: With your breath, I'm sure they all suffocated.

Insult: You're as repulsive as a monkey in a negligee.
    Reply: I look THAT much like your fiancée?

Insult: Would you like to be buried or cremated?
    Reply: With you around, I'd prefer to be fumigated.

Insult: Heaven preserve me! You look like something that's died!
    Reply:The only way you'll be preserved is in formaldehyde.

Insult: I'll skewer you, like a sow at a buffet.
    Reply: When I'm done with YOU, you'll be a boneless fillet!

Insult: Killing you would be justifiable homicide.
    Reply:Then killing you must be justifiable fungicide.

Insult: En garde! Touché!
    Reply:Oh, that is so cliché!

Insult: Throughout the Caribbean my great deeds are celebrated!
    Reply: Too bad they're all fabricated.

Insult:When your father first saw you, he must have been mortified.
    Reply: At least mine can be identified.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Carbiens

setting the settings for the prod in worms 2 ridiculessly high, lining up a load of worms and launching them all over the map by just flicking them.

probably had to be there.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

prolly the first time i played simpsons wrestling on the ps1, oh how i roffled.

so glad i only rented the piece of crap!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭DeadBankClerk

Originally posted by El Marco
    The insults flung in the sword fights in Monkey Island.
    And there are soo many other funny classic moments in all the monkey islands.

Here is but a few:

they arent from monkey 1 are they?

• Registered Users Posts: 78,308 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I know it's a mod, but in CS:

1. Over 15 seconds, shotgunning 6 guys in the back as they passed me in single file with the AWP (that combined with the sheer panic of wondering how many were left each time as I reloaded).
    2. Ona LAN, shooting EnnWhyCeeKillah (him after 6 pints) in the back of the neck with a Desert Eagle and watching him launch 3 feet out of his chair.
    3. The dumb look on the skin's face as they come around the corner and see 4-5 guys in a totem pole (one on top of another).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭GiMiC

The facial animations of the characters (in the lower right corner) when they are carrying a body is priceless, particularly the diver. It looks like he's giving to someone doggy style!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

For me it would have to be from monkey island 2:LeChuck's revenge.Spitting on wally's face while he is chained to the wall of a dungeon.:D

COMBATCOW

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

all of duke nukem's one liners

Advertisement