Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prices in Game!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

well said dappergant. I remember when GAME first came to Cork they were really expensive. The most expensive in Cork, with Smiths being the best. Then GAME became the best, and i guess now they r really expensive. I haven't bought a game there for awhile now though.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,468 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Sorry to dredge up an old thread, but they're at it again!

In the last couple of months, they have been selling second hand cube games for €40-ish. However, in the last week or two, they've bumped all (or 90%) of 2nd hand games to €50!

Its like one day, one of the bosses went "Hey.... these second hand games are doing really well.... lets try and make even more money from them!". Muppets.

- Dave.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Davexirl

I noticed that as well about the Pre-owned Games most of them have gone up to €50

I recently bought Mafia and GTA3 from play . com for 67 euros. To buy both in dublin recently was 120 euro. Has any one else heard that customs are not letting products from play.com into England until VAT is paid on the item/:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

hehe sucker payin money for stuff, i just steal whatever i want.....wait, did i say that or think that.....?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,833 ✭✭✭s8n

I prefer gamesworld myself, I had problems with 2 ps2's and they replaced them both, no probs they also have a better trade in on old games

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Originally posted by pyro_teknix2005
    hehe sucker payin money for stuff, i just steal whatever i want.....wait, did i say that or think that.....?

Well, unless your mental projections or voice are interepted by boards.ie as text then I reckon you typed it.

Just to remind you that we have a zero-tolerance policy regarding warez and discussion of such stuff here.

Cheers, thanks, bye!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 363 ✭✭melachi

GAME will rob ya, even in Sweden their prices are higher than everyone elses.

DO NOT GO THERE.
    EVERYWHERE ELSE IS CHEAPER!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

recent additions to my gaming collection (in the last 3 weeks)

P.O.W.(PC) €50
    Hitman 2(PC) €50
    Super Mario Sunshine(GC) €60
    Resident Evil (GC) €40 (preowned)
    Timesplitters 2 (GC) €60

all those prices are gamesworld, the game prices in all cases except super mario were 5-15 euro more expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

To be honest game is one of the best computer games shop going for one reason and one reason only. There returns policy would theoretically of course make it perfectly easy to buy the p.c game you want copy it and return it. It would be so sweet its almost unbelievable.

• Advertisement

true enough they have good customer service, but at the cost of buying games with a 25% price increase over local stores and then using the lowest price garuntee (which is totally misleading) to justify the sales.

but you can get your money back so the price is irrelevant

what if you want to buy a game and wait heres the shocker
    keep it without copying !!!!!!!

i know, i know it is shocking but purchasing them i feel is even more so, it would have to be a special game these days that i want to pay just to keep the instruction manual

P.S if you keep it you should copy it anyway as a backup

• Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭phreak

Originally posted by Dataisgod
    i know, i know it is shocking but purchasing them i feel is even more so, it would have to be a special game these days that i want to pay just to keep the instruction manual

warezmonkey.jpg

hmm no need to screw up your phone bill with a 500mb download this way nor pay €50 for a game, a win win situation but of course only for me

I just rent the games and copy.
    Much easier and they wont get suspicious when you return every game you buy...

But I've also got ADSL so I downloaded Mafia which was 3 CD's, 3 x 700 mb. Took me a night of sleeping.

These are the two options I prefer, unless it is a console game.
    I'm going to buy GTA3: Vice city tomorrow or something.
    rockstar deserves my money.

Originally posted by melachi
    But I've also got ADSL so I downloaded Mafia which was 3 CD's, 3 x 700 mb. Took me a night of sleeping.

i have to play this again.....

warezmonkey.jpg

Oh yes, so funny.
    Btw you do know that most people who are "warez monkeys" usually have broadband, or maybe not since Ireland is a third world country when it comes to internet connections. Still I've managed to get ADSL.

Person who made card = ediot.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭l3rian

Yes that card is stupid, i dont know if your serious or not playing it

Game shops and companys have been seriously over-charging consumers for years, and I consider it good to be able to recoup some of our loses by buying the games and getting a refund the next day after making a copy.

Anyone see that nintendo was fined over €100 million for over-charging, cheating consumers all throught the 90s?

Person who made card = ediot

dictionary.gif

learn to spell you idiot

I just rent the games and copy.
    Much easier and they wont get suspicious when you return every game you buy...

These are the two options I prefer, unless it is a console game.
    I'm going to buy GTA3: Vice city tomorrow or something.
    rockstar deserves my money.

Dont have ADSL i'm afraid can't afford there prices, another thing which is a rip off i must say, however i am very interested in your renting of games. Where do you rent P.C games from? i know my local xtra-vision doesnt stock them?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

Maybe you two idiots should read the games board charter...this post in particular

charter

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rob1891

Originally posted by Phreak
    dictionary.gif

learn to spell you idiot

don't be so xenophobic!! :P

ediot, it's the foreign way of spelling!! Of course he must be from abroad if he can afford dsl over the price of a game ... otherwise it would just be stupid :D

ON topic, I just know my ma is going to buy my brothers playstation related christmas presents from Game, and I am certain she did the same last year. grrr, NOBODY takes my mother for a ride .... :eek:

uh, yeah .... so ... tell your parents not to get any gear for your siblings (you lot all too old for christmas, bah humbug) off of Game.

Perhaps a sticky is in order: good, cheap places to buy games? websites and real life shops.

rob

Originally posted by Phreak
    dictionary.gif

learn to spell you idiot

*sigh*
    .. and I who thought that it would be obvious that the typo was deliberate..

Your attempt at trying to look smart downing someone else who was making a valid point has failed.
    Thank you.

E-diot.

I thought flaming was against the rules,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

This is getting kinda funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Person who made card = ediot.

That would be me. It was an attempt at humour showing how far people go to justifying stealing.

That fact two of you are arguing about the text of the card just makes it all the more funnier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭l3rian

Hobbes, game companys have been stealing from us for years, nintendo have just been fined €150 million, they deserve this tiny loss in revenue from people who copy games and get refunds

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

Originally posted by l3rian
    Hobbes, game companys have been stealing from us for years, nintendo have just been fined €150 million, they deserve this tiny loss in revenue from people who copy games and get refunds

You have made your point about Ninfukingtendo enough..
    You say "stealing", so now provide evidence and not opinion and jesus do not dig up that 7 year old quote from Molyneux.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement