Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[UK] Virgin.net "Broadband package" introduced!

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

OK

I agree with Adams metaslamming definition with the proviso that the examples he gave all occured after a LARGE degree of competition had rattled the original incumbent. AT&T and Verisign in the market segments they monopolised. Eircom hardly lost much market share and were allowed to hustle their customers by the ODTR.....how weak. I blame Etain for that and would love to hear if she laid down terms on what they could and could not do.

What would be productive for IoffL at this point would be to ...maybe and with Sceptre/Dustaz blessing....set up a sticky as follows...a week or two.

Subject Eircom promised me xxx after I left them.

1. You must have transferred your business to another carrier from Eircom (partially even) your current carrier is irrelevant.
    2. THEY must have contacted you after the fact to get your business back...more than likely in the evening by phone and not in writing.
    3. Tell us what they promised you...specifics please. Names. DDI numbers of the sales droids who have the authority to OFFER these prices...I for one will ring them straight away and say oy! me too.
    4. We want to hear the name of every discount scheme they have because all customers are SUPPOSED to benefit equally. They are supposed to be published instead of being 'available' in Eircom stores where the staff know feck all about them.

(In Danggers thread about the abolition of 1891 circle of friends Discount, Neverhappen pointed us towards This document which contains a bewildering list of Eircom discount schemes that most of us are unaware of. Some business and some residential)

5. We want to hear what specific discounts have been offered and billed for, it gives us an insight into the capabilities of their billing systems.
    6. We want to show a pattern of abuse of monopoly, Eircom can track all your calls even though they can no longer bill you for them...this information will show they are so doing. The information for 3 4 5 will build into 6

Then we let Paddy20 loose on them ....hows that.

M

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

[ wot muck said ]

Oh, absolutely, Eircom should never have been given the opportunity to try and regain business in such an unethical manner, the current procedure is what should have been in place right from the start. Another example that demonstrates the unsuitability of Etain Doyle for the Chair of the Commission, in my view. Another long list.

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

I am now seriously considering contacting Richard Branson personally. To check if he is aware of the injustice Internet users in the Irish Republic are suffering.

In view of his Virgin.net introducing a new cheap Broadband service in the UK, in my view he might consider looking at the scandalous ISP situation here.

Should I contact him?,

or would the IOFFL Committee consider doing it ?

Yours,

paddy20.;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Go for it Paddy, give him a ring straight away. He's in the book.

adam

Dahamsta,

Richard Bransons private number has been in my book, ever since he lived on a houseboat at Little Venice in Maida Vale in London opposite the house where I lived.

However, I believe an official approach on an IOFFL "Letterhead" might at this stage be more appropriate? and if that fails, then a personal approach as a follow up might be effective.

Strangely, Branson was pulled out of the water by my brother in law and his friends in Nothern Ireland after his balloon ditched in to the sea only a short distance from his boating clubs rubber dinghy? Which was then replaced with a brand new large seagoing boat courtesy of Branson, small world eh? - Maybe, Branson might now consider pulling the Irish citizens out of the murky Internet waters we now find ourselves struggling for survival in?..

Personally, I intend for a number of reasons to stick with UTVip.

Yours,

paddy20.;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Originally posted by paddy20
    Maybe, Branson might now consider pulling the Irish citizens out of the murky Internet waters we now find ourselves struggling for survival in?..

Why?

To check if he is aware of the injustice Internet users in the Irish Republic are suffering.

Why would he give a rats ass?

Paddy, He doesnt give a rats arse if anyone is "suffering" from internet withdrawl. He cares about whether he can make money.

Also, and forgive me if this point has been made, Branson does not control everything virgin does. Most of the companys under the Virgin umbrella are franchises. I have no idea if virgin.net is one of these, but i suspect it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

Paddy20, you talk an incredible amount of sh!t. Christ who shoved a barge pole up your a$$. (don't say eircom). This thread has just become a b!tch fest. You're going to get through to richard branson and say what? "eircom were mean to me, they charged me for the service i agreed to when i signed up with them. Can you move in a eliminate them, borg style? Oh did i mention i'm bringing them to court, but that's after i play golf with tiger woods." Sigh....

To,

sjones,

You are sailing very close to the wind. However, I have chosen to add you to my ignore list. As the mods have decided not to moderate you?.

paddy20.

Advertisement