Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forum Roleplaying: I want to play!

Options
  • 30-09-2002 7:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭

This sticky thread is for where on going Boards.ie roleplaying threads are running.

Only game masters are allowed post in this thread (although anyone can be one).

Your post should contain the following.

1. The game master's name (also known as the Thread Master).

2. Genre (eg. cyberpunk, vampires, D&D). If the games genre being displayed would ruin the game then put unknown.

3. Name of the game (If one).

4. BRIEF description on the game.

5. A link to a post containing your games rules.

6. A link to a post containing the players in the game. Players who are allowed play should be listed in the first post on the thread.

7. The games STATUS. Please use one of the following so as not to confuse me.
    ACTIVE = Game is running, and accepting players.
    CLOSED = Game is running. No more players at this time.
    FINISHED = Game is no longer running.

8. A link to the current storyline thread.

9. Archive threads can be added (by editing your post). Anything marked as an archive thread will be locked by an administrator. If you want the game to continue you should start another thread and make it the current storyline.

Likewise if a game status is set to closed the players thread will be locked by the admins. Finished games will be totally locked and left for prosperity.

All other posts will be moved out of this thread or deleted. The
    objective is to have a central point where other people can
    create and join games.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Until Kev posts his, here is an example of Kev's.

Game Master: Qualin Hess

Game Name: Unknown

Game Genre: Unknown

Game Description: (beer drinking?) ;)

Game Status: Inactive

Rules listed here.

Players listed here.

Current Storyline here.

Archives
    - none -

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Game Master: Hobbes

Game Name: Contagion

Game Genre: Not revealed at this time.

Game Description: There are a total of six running story lines which are related but may or may not interact with each other. Each story line is in a different environment.

Game Status: Inactive

Rules listed here.

Players listed here.

Current Storyline here.

Archives
    - none -

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭AL][EN

Game Master: AL][EN

Game Name: SLA Ind

Game Genre: Cyerpunk / Sci Fi

Game Description: the ongoing story of a Squad of SLA operatives trying to survive in the world of SLA industries

Game Status: Active

Rules listed SLA RPG - Game Rules

Players listed SLA RPG - The Players

All OOC chat goes in this thread.
    Players Chat room.

~Archive~

SLA Ind. First Mission
    First Mission

Storyline
    SLA RPG - StoryLine

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭AL][EN

I'll be taking over from hobbes as Mod of RPG so if you'd like to start your own Roleplaying game (like SLA) either post them on this thread or PM me the details and i'll post them up for you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Might as well keep to tradition...

Game Master: Sarky.

Game Name: Warhammer 40,000 Last Chancers.

Game Genre: Sci-fi meets magic meets Dirty Dozen.

Game Description: Condemned criminals serving in a Penal Legion, trying to survive the dangers of the 41st millenium.

Game Status: Closed (for now, at least)

Rules listed here.

Players listed: here.

Current Storyline: here. Alternatively, pick up a Warhammer 40,000 novel, like Kill-Team. Much more info on the Last Chancers there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Please note the contents of the starting post. In future anyone posting off topic on this thread will be banned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Doc. Hobbit

GM: Doc. Hobbit

Genre: Fantasy

Games: D&D 3.5, Pendragon 5e and WFRP 2e. Play a little of each and decide which is favourite. Or just play one of them if everyone is happy with it.

Description: D&D played in The Kingdoms of Kalamar setting and revolves around dwarf rebels. Some rules variations are used from Unearthed Arcana but these are rarely mandatory. Cleric classes are, however, each specific to their god.
    Pendragon is set in 5th century (but with 11th century conventions a la Chretien de Troyes et al) Britain and the players are knights, fighting off the Saxon hordes, fighting to make themselves glorious and fighting for no better reason than that's what they are trained to do. Published rules used.
    Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay is set in the frozen lands of Kislev, just after The Storm of Chaos, where bands of beastmen and greenskins roam with impunity and lost treasures are to be had for the taking. Published rules used.

Game Status: looking for players to start.

Game Location: Limerick City.

These are the games that I am willing to run but I am also very happy to play, especially SLA Industries, should someone be willing (and able) to run it.

PM me for more details. It should be noted that I am an almost complete luddite and so know nothing about setting up links etc.

Advertisement