Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warhammer 40K RPG - Game Turns

Options
  • 14-12-2004 6:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭

Ok folks here's the way it usually plays out

(sarky since your the DM its at your own desision but if you follow the below guidelines you cant go wrong)

1) the DM (IE Sarky) posts the game turn.
    2) players respond to the game turn by posting what there charachters are going to do this can be from 3rd person (ie: example post ---> "my charachter is going to push the big red button") or 1st person (example post ---> " i go over and hit the big red button) what ever you feel comfortable with

3) you only get one (maybe two if the DM is feeling nice) posts per game turn in the game turns thread, you can post as many times as you like in the chatroom thread and the COMS thread (remember you have to be in charachter to post on the COMS thread)

4) sarky's word is law

after that any problems give me a shout i'll be watching from the sidelines

good luck gang have fun and enjoy the game

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

You wake up. Immediately you scan the room, just in case there's someone in the shadows with a knife in their hands. It certainly wouldn't be the first time it happened, and although there are guards in the corridors, with the kind of people you have to work with, it's become second nature to you.

Only minutes after waking you hear the vox-com of the ship chiming. It's Colonel Gravius. Emperor's teeth, but you hate that man. "Rise and shine, ladies! Report to platoon briefing in two hours, all of you. You're finally getting the action you missed after two boring months in peaceful transit."

No telling why somone would willingly join the Last Chancers. It could be sadism, or faith in the Emperor, or both. They do get to take charge of a few platoons, and don't risk their neck half as much. There's something scary about Gravis. It feels like he misses being shot at daily.

You quickly pull on your clothes and armour, and head to the mess for a substandard breakfast. The prison transport ship, Sanctus Sanguinius, is miles long, and Gravis executes latecomers...

[Sarky] Welcome to the first turn. It's really just a means of introducing yourself, I'll have more interesting stuff later. Remember, post the right things in the right threads! I'll look more favourably on epic/cinematic stuff, so pump those egos! Now have at it. :)[/Sarky]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Raphael lay back, staring at the ceiling. He didn't want to get up. Waking wasn't a problem, it had been weeks since he last slept. But getting up? That took something more. He dropped his arm beside his bunk and groped around, eventually closing his fingers around the small canister of stims. Flipping the lid off with his fingers he pulled out two tablets and swallowed them. As they began to kick in he felt energy begin to flow through his body again. Rolling off his bed he looked around for clothes, and picked the ones with the least burnmarks in them. He pocketed the canister and the lighter, then pulled on his armour. Helmet under his arm he strolled down the Sanctus Sanguinius, almost with a spring in his step. He always felt so good until his buzz wore off

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Zounds

Argeus never slept, sleeping would only lower his defences against the Others, instead he entered a deep meditative state which had the same restoritive effects for his body, but wasn't quite as good for his mind. "Doesn't matter much, that..." the adept who taught the technique commented "you're as mad as a ork anyway" The adept wasn't around for long the next time Raiden paid a visit. Lifting himself out of the cot he reached for his tarot cards.
    "GLORY BE TO THE EMPEROR!"
    he proclaimed to the empty room, spreading the cards on the floor.
    "hmmm..." he mused over the cards for a few minutes.
    "looks like it's time for some fun" He said with a wide smile "I can almost smell the burning heretic"
    He gathered the cards together and place them on his locker. His bright red robe was heavy from the weight of the many holy pendants and blessed relics he had attached to it. Pulling on his robe over the flak armour he had slept in he knelt and offered a brief prayer to the Emporer before heading to the mess hall.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭qwertz

"This is going to be a bad day," Vollbart said to himself. Being woken up by this pig, Colonel Gravius, was never a good thing. Anyway, nothing he could do about. Most decisions affecting him were made by others since he was made a member of the penal legion. "IF I EVER GET MY HANDS ON THAT INQUISITOR CYRUS..." he shouted in a voice filled with anger and rage. Inquisitor Cyrus was the reason why Vollbart was in this situation.
    He slowly got out of bed and walked to the wash basin. He splashed his face with cold water again and again to wake himself up. He then looked in the mirror. “I better get this all over with.” he thought, drying his face with a towel. After getting dressed quickly, he checked his gear, especially his sniper rifle which saved his butt more times than he can remember. "Better be prepared, you never know what's going to happen next." After a glance at the only photograph in his posession he rushed off, heading to the mess hall to find out what the day would bring.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭thegogz

When the message comes through his Vox-com he has already been awake for an hour. Lying on the floor doing the usual 100 sit ups and 100 press ups, have to keep the muscles toned if I'm going to be efficient with my heavy weaponry he says to himself. After hearing the message he reaches under his cot to his secret hiding place pulls out a cigar and lights it and in one continuing swift motion he pops the usual stims. He pulls on his armor and his small med kit and heads on down the hall, realising he is finally going to get to kill some heritic scum he yells out at the to of his voice "All hail the emperor"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Arkerius heard the vox-cast. Or could it have been Cyrel whispering in his ear again? No, it was that b*stard Gravius. At least he hoped it was only him. Arkerius didn't like it whenever Cyrel spoke to him. Cyrel was bad. Cyrel made him do bad things.

Arkerius rolled out of the bed wearily but wanting to get away from Cyrel. He could never quite figure out how Cyrel always, always found him and managed to make him do bad things. What really frustrated Arkerius was that he could never remember what Cyrel made him do ....

Remembering what he had been told about Gravius' little fetish for prisoner execution Arkerius hurriedly dressed and checked his equipment. Frowning, he muttered about needing to sharpen his bayonet, and that entrenching tool which had been somewhat more blunt than usual although he couldn't remember why. He never could. That bloody Cyrel. Curse his soul! He was probably the reason why Arkerius had been sentenced to the Penal Legions in the first place. Damn jinx!

Whislt wandering the winding corridors en route to the briefing room after an understatedly vile breakfast, Arkerius noticed a blood smear against a small off-corridor and wondered if anybody had been seriously hurt. Must have only happened a few hours ago. He then muttered to himself about why the hell was he always so groggy after a decent night's sleep. Oh well, at least he left his cell before Cyrel could follow.

The briefing hall is nearly full when you arrive. You've been here long enough to know something big is up- Two whole platoons must be here, all for the same mission. Must be another suicide rush. Emperor alone knows how you survived so many. You know your own squad well enough- survivors stick together- but most of the folks here look new to the 'Chancers. Poor fools. Maybe half of them will survive longer than four days.

You see a small group of cocky looking punks surrounding Gorkarogg the ogryn, from Marvis' platoon. One of them bumps into him, and tries to start something. Dumb. Before the Ship guards can get to him, Gorkarogg's hand snaps out and grabs him by the neck, lifting him bodily off the ground before squeezing. You hear the snap across the room and the grunt stops struggling. The ogryn grins disturbingly. You've never seen someone who enjoys killing so much. The guards manage to push their way to the scene, weapons trained on just about everyone.

"Let that be an easy lesson to the rest of you!" yells Gravis. How in the seven hells of Chaos did he sneak in like that? "The real learning curve here is much, much steeper. Sergeant, put the slow learner down."

As he turns to face all of you, a Map flickers up on the screen behind him.

"Right, scumbags, here's the deal; Our dropships are clear all the way planetside , but earlier, a vehicle transporter was clipped by a T'au fighter and went way off. Before we scragged him, the pilot sent coordinates to his commanders, and a force was sent to capture it and take our wheeled weapons from us. I have orders to recover it, and you lucky men are going after it. The ship landed in a hollow a couple of miles behind enemy lines. You 2 platoons will be dropped just outside the hollow, and you will storm it. Feel free to take out as many T'au on the way as you like, and if any crew on the transport survived, kill them for incompetence, but the vehicles are your main target. As soon as you're spotted they'll call in reinforcements, and you're toast. Get in there, grab a vehicle, and get the frag out again. Once you've left the hollow, radio for further instructions, encryption magenta. Dropships will leave in an hour.

Arkerius, Dominicus, Vollbart, Argeus, and Raphael, you remain here, I have another job for you."

"Any questions?"

[Sarky] Right, folks, it all starts properly here. Post actions as before, along with any IMPORTANT dialogue (like questions for Col. Gravis) here. Any other dialogue goes in COMS. Do try to be cinematic in what you do and say, make it as enjoyable for yourself as you can. Now have at it! And sorry for the quality of the map... :)[/Sarky]

Arkerius thinks to himself:

"Oh sh*t. This is not good .... I've been singled out. Probably some sort of we'll-send-the-medal-to-your-folks-son mission. Why does bad stuff always happen to me?!! Oh well at least Cyrel won't be coming"

Suddenly elated at the prospect of no Cyrel for the immediate future Arkerius allowed a smile to form on his lips, until he see's the whithering, unflinching gaze of that sadistic pig Gravius. A gaze that also happens to be staring at him. The feelings of elation disappear. The smile disappears even quicker.

Arkerius turns to see who else has been called back, if only to break the colonel's stare. Then he notices that Redemptionist lunatic Argeus and silently curses and wonders if Cyrel wouldn't make a better choice of company after all. He'd heard stories of the Redemptionists from relations who had ventured downhive and lived to tell the tale.

Argeus watched the two platoons drain from the hall and sneered at the group remaining. He recognised most of them, if you lived long enough you'd know everyone of the Last Chancer's who'd survived more than a few months, mainly cause there wouldn't be many of them. He didn't relish the thought of going on a mission with these rejects, he didn't really know anything about them, "They could be choas-worshipping scum for all I know" he didn't feel in the mood to restrain himself from his duty to the Emperor these days, he had endured enough indiginities for the sake of placating his corrupt slave drivers already, "of course, in the heat of battle there'll always be accidents," the thought made him smile.

****. There went the buzz.

Raphael closed his eyes and leaned back against a bulkhead. He was glad to be out of the suicide rush, it meant he didn't have to tread the fine line between the enemys guns and the officers guns behind them. Then again...Not much of a team. The loony Padre, Mr. Muscle with his big guns, that damn sneak Vollbart and...well frankly Raphael didn't know what to think about the other. That suicide rush wasn't looking too bad anymore....

• Advertisement

Oh great being singled out again, well makes sense there are very few others around here who can handle a heavy bolter or heavy weapon as well as you. Just as long as they don't ask too many questions they won't get on my "bad side" the last guy who did that saw what happens when a heavy weapon "miss fires". Seargents they think they own the squad.

As everyone else leaves he has a look around his new squad. Bunch of weaklings the lot of em bet none of them could even hold up a proper weapon. He recognises some of these guys not bad fighters, survived a few of the last chancers missions, luck pure luck.

He strolls over to one of the bulkheads near by and begins doing his usual "waiting for something to happen sit ups" he can see the rest of them looking at him, just coz he takes care of himself and none of them do.

Vollbart stood at the very back of the mess hall, partly disguised in the near-darkness. "This will teach them not to mess with an ogryn." he thought. Not that it mattered since most of them wouldn't return from their vehicle recovery mission anyway. Vollbart was watching the two platoons rush out the entrance into the doorway when he noticed two of the ship's guards moving the punks lifeless body. He could see that the dead guy was still twitching. "Hmm, must be an implant. I am glad that all my body parts are still original", he thought, smiling to himself.

Vollbart had a quick glance at the other guys that had been ordered to stay behind. He knew a little bit about Arkerius and Argeus, both were religious freaks. Raphael, well, Raphael was Raphael, not much to be said there. Vollbarts gaze came to a halt on the last of this lovely circle. "Big fella, never saw him before. Look at him doing his sit ups. Whatever, what do I care about any of them."

As the last grunts file out, you turn to see Gravis shaking his head in disgust, muttering to himself. "Two months outta combat and not a single question from the lot of 'em. That's why half of 'em won't be coming back. Idiots. 100 less heretics and traitors,at any rate, that's something to be glad about. Emperor forgive 'em, 'cos I sure as hell can't."

He focusses on the five of you. "Right, while those scum are off at the meatgrinder, I have a special job needs doing behind the scenes. You were picked as the most talented of your squads, and you're up for a little commando work. The orders you just heard are just a distraction to let you guys do YOUR mission. I don't like sending over 100 Last Chancers to their deaths as a decoy, when I could be sending them to a more useful death as meat shields and infantry, but I have my orders, and they're from pretty high up. 'A good soldier obeys without question, a good comander leads without doubt'", he quotes the ancient proverb.
    "While the others are taking part in a frontal assault, your team will drop at the other side of the transport, undetected. You will gain access to the transport, and proceed through the main service shafts to Hangar Epsilon on the far side of the ship. The consoles in the ship should give you a decent layout. There's a specific transport in that hangar that is more valuable, according to my orders, than the hundred fighting men being sacrificed for it. It's a command Chimera APC named the "Glorius". You are to grab it and get out, to a location you will be radioed when you leave the ship. Communication will be set to channel Kappa-7, clearance Magenta for this mission only."

You are all momentarily taken aback by this. Clearance Magenta! Most Imperial regiments use Magenta to encode their main battle plans! Despite your best efforts, you feel a tingle of worry. This mission may well be the most important one of your life. By the Throne, completing a Magenta level mission might even be enough to get you out of the Chancers!

"There are no reliable readings of inside the transport, but it's a fair guess that there's at least as many of the xenos filth inside as there are waiting for the others. But the ship is confined, with narrow corridors and multiple levels. If you're careful, you won't have to deal with most of them. Don't worry, the site will be wiped out from orbit as soon as you're clear, so they'll all die one way or another."

"I realise it's going to be a tough job. There's a lot of T'au, and their guns pack a real punch. To that end, you have a little extra access to the armoury. On top of your standard lasrifles, I'm granting you one heavy bolter for Dominicus, two flamers, one needle sniper rifle with toxin ammo for Vollbart, and one meltapistol for Raphael. It's deliberately low-powered because you're still a condemned man, so it'll be useful for cutting through debris but it'll still pack a decent enough punch to deal with all but heavy armour. Dropship leaves in 30. Your weapons are already aboard. Dismissed!"

25 minutes later you're aboard. The colonel was true to his word, there's a pretty stack of special weapons stowed away. With a jolt and shudder, the ship speeds out of the mothership, headed for a planet you never got the name of. Presently, you hear the pilot's voice over the vox-caster. It's a servitor, a mindless clone created forone purpose. " Landing in 2 minutes." the monotone drone announces. "This landing will be a simulated crash to avoid enemy attentions. Brace for impact. The Emperor protects."
    There's a mind-numbing explosion of noise as the craft slams gracelessly onto the ground. You are shaken about in your restraints like ragdolls, but the servitor was well programmed, and a few heavy bruises are the worst of it as the dropship skids down the hollow. With a loud clang, it halts. Must have hit the transport. The servitor pilot speaks again. "Self-destruct activated. Please take your weapons and exit the vehicle. Detonation in five minutes. Suggest squad gains access to objective immediately. Praise the immortal Emperor."

Grabbing whatever weapons you can, you dash out the exit ramp. The vehicle transport is big. Must be a hundred feet high, covered in gargoyles, gun emplacements, and butresses. Emperor knows how long it is, the nose is buried in the slope. You spot a vehicle exit ramp half open, damaged by the landing. It would be a REALLY good idea to be inside when your dropship detonates...

[Sarky] Right, sorry about the length, but I figured you might be eager to get to a little more action. :) Have fun in your mad dash from the dropship's small fusion reactor going critical! :D[/Sarky]

"FETH!" shouted Raphael falling out of the wrecked dropship. Those cursed all things always screwed up his balance for a while. He stopped to pull loose a bandolier of grenades that had snagged on a bar. Last Chancers always got the worst damned equipment. Freeing the explosives he sprinted for ramp, dropping to the ground behind a jagged piece of detached bulkhead. "Why in the feth would they blow the damn dropship? Where could we run to???"

Vollbart departed the wrecked dropship right after Raphael. He quickly took cover next to Raphael behind the very same bulkhead. After a quick scan of the surrounding area he checked his needle sniper rifle to make sure it did not suffer any damage from the crash.

"Simulated crash my ars€."

After making sure that the area was clear of any enemy forces he started making his way towards the vehicle exit ramp. "Area is clear," he communicated to his comrades, "This is going to be fun, boys."

"THE EMPEROR PROTECTS!" Argeus' voice rang out in the din of the crashing dropship. When it had settled he quickly selected a flamethrower and chainsword from the amoury. The weight of his two favoured weapons in his hands made him feel powerful once more. No longer degraded cannon-fodder, lumbered with a lasrilfe for the sake of the commander's conscience. He was a force to be reckoned with now. He scrambled out of the dropship to join the others. On the ground and running towards the derelict transport, he felt the Emporer's divine inspiration well up inside of him, "THE XENOS FILTH WILL FEEL THE EMPEROR'S CLEANSING WRATH! WE ARE THE FIST OF THE EMPEROR AND WE SHALL SWEEP ASIDE THE ABOMINATIONS THAT FESTER HERE! BY THE DEATH OF HIS ENEMIES SHALL WE EARN OUR REDEMPTION!" He was filled with an energy he had not felt since his days of purging the under-hive. He voice was clear and powerful and his face contort with a mixture of rage and an all-consuming sense of purpose

Arkerius clambers out of the dropship slightly dazed, clutching a las-rifle and one of the two flame-throwers slung over his back. He squints in the glare before realising that he's now outside of the dropship - the rather harsh landing givign him flashbacks to memories of the Radafash campaign with his old Guard unit that he'd rather not remember. Traumatic memories. Bad memories. Orks cut them up good that day. Caught in a cross-fire, his platoon got ripped to pieces. Then it all went kind of fuzzy ....

The realisation that he's on terra-firma snaps his mind back to where he is, and he quickly drops to one knee and scans the area down the length of his las-rifle, muttering to himself "Breath. Relax. Calm down. Slow your heart-beat back down. Remember your guard training.".

"Ok chancers, I don't know about you but I rather not to be caught in the open like this if the sh*t hits the fan. There's a vehicle ramp over there near the front of the vehicle transport. Should be easy enough to bypass the lock and gain entry."

Arkerius starts to move at a cautious half run/half crouch towards the vehicle ramp, weapon held muzzle down, buttstock against his shoulder ready to snap off a shot at a moments notice. He can feel the sweat running down the back of his neck. "It's the same every time. The fear, the apprehension" he thinks to himself before allowing himself to breath and try push more morbid thoughts out of his mind.

"THAT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE A CRASH" dominicus thought to himself. Looking around the dropship he sees his new baby, that gun barrell deserves to be used, can't wait to kill something. He looks around and sees the rest of the suqad heading for the exit. "They're afraid of a little explosion," He gets up grabbs the heavy bolter and all the ammo he can gather exits the dropship.

Following the rest of the squad he heads toward the entrance. Of course keeping an eye out for those scum. He'll show the emperor he is worthy.

Scanning the scene he can see the fear in the others eyes. They are weak they don't deserve to serve the emperor. Stuck with these loosers why? why has the emperor forsaken me? I will make sure this mission succeeds, I will get out of the chancers and serve the emperor properly not just as cannon fordder.

You sprint up the transport's exit ramp, while behind you a steady high pitched whine increases in volume from within the dropship's engines. No sign of the enemy, maybe the crash-landing threw them off. The explosion certainly will... The outer bay door is indeed open, no doubt a result of the crash, but there is an inner door firmly closed. There are shadows everywhere, with only a little blood-red light illuminating the area, the power must be out on this section of the ship, at least. This also means that the locks on the door will be frozen closed, with little chance of unlocking. Not a good start.

The distant sound of lasfire and screaming reaches your ears. The frontal assault must have started. Hopefully they'll buy enough time to let you do your jobs.

Arkerius catches sight of a service hatch in the shadows. There are still lights blinking, so it at least must still be powered. On further inspection it's unlockable, but it'll take a strong arm to open it up (Normally, the people who use the service hatches have enough bionics to rip a man to pieces).

A strange note of urgency enters the rising whine of your dropship's self-destruct process that started 2 minutes ago... Or was it three? A quick glance outside suggests the vehicle is nearly shaking itself apart with strain, and the engines are glowing a dull red with heat. Something tells you that being round the corner from the blast will offer little protection.

"By the Throne!" Agreus shouted in anguish as his chainsword bounced off the hatch. Then, suddenly he was still and silent. His eye twitched, a look of horror came over him. "No, no, not now....NO!" Argues appeared to be struggling to keep his body under control, all his muscles were twitching and his limbs jerked awkwardly, he voice became strained "NO! NOT NOW, NO, YOU CAN NOT!" He face was contorted with pain and concentration "I AM ARGEUS ROE! I AM THE EMPEROR'S LOYAL SER...." He stopped. His body relaxed and was somehow different.
    Raiden wore a somewhat confused expression as he examined the chainsword in his hand and with a little exploration discovered the weight on his back was a flamethrower. He looked up at the group around him with a grin. "So," he said "what's that loony got me inna this time?"

• Advertisement

"What is up with that guy?" Vollbart thought, "These religious freaks must really have a few screws loose". Agreus eventually quietened down and his body relaxed. "Finally I can hear myself think."

Vollbart quickly moved over to the service hatch and opened the control panel. Inside the control panel he ripped out the keyboard to expose the cables behind. Ensuring that he had picked the right set of cables he swiftly short-circuited them to open the manual override compartment.

"Dominicus, would you push open the hatch? I don't fancy getting my ars€ fried by the explosion of the nuclear reactor." he called out to the mountain of muscle. "Gravis never fails to surprise. Always one step ahead."

"I dunno if muscleheads gonna be able to move that, but hey, might as well try the quiet way through. But just in case"

Raphael reached into a pouch fastened to the back of his belt and pulled out an explosive charge, which he began to prepare

Arkerius sighed inwardly as he watched Vollbart desecrate the spirit of the control panel with such .... vulgar indifference. Still, being behind enemy lines with the sounds of screaming and las-fire intermingling with what was some sort of high-pitch "whoosing" noise followed by dull crump explosion, surrounded by the absolute scum of the imperium and facing a small nuclear meltdown could be a wonderful excuse for such action. He pushes his disapproval aside. There will be time to atone to the machine god later....

Arkerius takes up position looking back out from the outer hatch, kneeling behind cover with his lasrifle at the ready and sweeping the surrounding area for signs of movement. Every so often he glances back at the rest of the squad trying to open the inner hatch and then back nervously at the ever-reddening glow of the dropship's engines.

"Eh, not meaning to rush anyone's master-piece of precision work here but would you lot get that door open already. Those dropship engines do NOT look good from here. Nor does that overload whine that's coming from them. And it's not getting any better eith..."

Arkerius stops mid-sentence as he catches a glimpse of movement. "Oh f..." he thinks to himself and sweeps the barrel of his las-rifle in the direction. His expression becomes one of nagging paranoia - fortunately hidden from the rest of the squad by the back of his head.

"That was guard issue clothing. That can't have been Cyrel. It can't!! How did that little weasel manage to find out about our mission AND get on board the dropship. Throne!! I hope thats not him and just my imagination playing tricks with me. Little b*stard!!"

"Sure no problem" He walks over to the hatch and pushes on the hatch using all his strength. He can feel it moving. "I think its moving"

"They're ordering me around already, Man I hate being ordered around." The thought crosses his mind for a second but he dismisses it. "and what in the name of the emperor is that religious nut up to?"

After some 20 seconds of fiddling about with the guts of the control panel, you hear a hydraulic hiss, and a light on the brass panel turns from red to green. Dominicus steps in and with a mighty heave, manages to wrench the hatch on the side of the wall open. One by one, you crawl frantically in. The shielding of the reinforced service tunnels all around you, you feel a lot better about the impending meltdown outside. The group manages to get about 20 yards before hearing a dull boom, and the floor shudders slightly. A gust of intense heat soon follows, the shockwave of the blast managing to follow you down the open tunnel. Thankfully, the winding, confined space limits the effects, and it's just a hot breeze that singes your hair and clothing a little.

The service tunnels are cramped, poorly lit, dull things, festooned with pipes, valves, and power cables as thick as a man, with yellowed parchments attached, bearing runes and words none of you except maybe Arkerius could really understand. Despite the power outage, the maintenance systems are still working. They must be on a seperate source to the bay doors and such. Blinking lights on a nearby wall make a computer panel known to you. It appears to be showing the layout of the surrounding service tunnels. Some of the tunnels are marked red, with a message beside them stating access is blocked, probably damaged in the crash. It should be possible to at least find a way back out onto the main decks, and should make for a fairly reliable map of the ship (and its shortcuts).

Allowing for the blocked tunnels, a path suggests itself. Following the tunnel you're in should take you to a junction, one way of which leads to Main engineering towards the rear, the other leading to the power generators forming the spine of the craft. Regardless, the hangar containing the Glorius is on the other side of the ship.

[Sarky] Well, I hope you're all having fun so far. I drew a rough map for this ship some time ago, when I get home tonight I'll try to scan it for you so you have something to work with. The choice of going to the generators or Engineering is up to the party. Of course, you could try both if you want to split up. Both areas lead to one another, neither is really further along than the other, both will contain about the same challenge, just in different ways. it's up to you...[/Sarky]

Raiden scrambled after the group, patting out the glowing edges of his robe. When he had caught his breath he looked expectantly around him.

Arkerius realises that he had been clenching his teeth when the dull-thud of the dropship's engines hit. Realising that he's not only still breathing, but still in one piece, he begins to relax a little. Then the little morbid voice in the back his head reminds him that he's behind enemy lines .....

Noticing the maintenance panel still has power he moves quickly to it and begins rapidly disseminating information, navigating system paths and generally being a adept of the machine god. Until ....

"Got it guys! I've got the structural blueprints on-screen. We should be able to call up the layout for the service tunnels, at least for the surrounding area. I'm trying to find us a path to the main hangar..

He surveys the blueprints, and exlcaims; "Damn this baby is a mess. A lot of the surrounding service tunnels have collapsed. With the ship being so badly damaged, its impossible to tell how accurate this information is since the internal diagnostic systems may well be damaged also"

He frowns at the screen and the thought about system-wide power failure occurs to him and he wonders if now would be a good time to voice it to the rest of them. He turns to the rest of the group ...

"Well that was just too fething close for comfort." said Raphael, as he disarmed the charge and stowed it in its pouch. He leaned against a wall and began checking his weapons. Meltapistol, Laspistol, grenades, and charges. HE hadn't lost anything in mad dash. Wonderful

Dominicus feels the warmth on his arms its quite refreshing. He looks around the rest of them are so busy looking at maps that if we got attacked it would all be up to him.

"Come on lets go already lets just get our asses out of here, if we got attacked here we'd be at a big dissadvantage."

At that he turns and looks ahead deeper into the tunnels slowly pacing forward.

• Advertisement

Vollbart swiftly moved in slightly behind Domenicus. "Big fella will make a good shield." Vollbart thought, smiling to himself. Vollbarts enhanced vision gave him a good field of view, at least as good a field of view as possible in a narrow cluttered service tunnel. After a few paces he could already make out the junction. Vollbart felt quite superior because he knew that none of the others could see as well as he could.

Advertisement