Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Private profiles - please note that profiles marked as private will soon be public. This will facilitate moderation so mods can view users' warning histories. All of your posts across the site will appear on your profile page (including PI, RI). Groups posts will remain private except to users who have access to the same Groups as you. Thread here
Some important site news, please read here. Thanks!

Anyone from Dungarvan?

  • 18-09-2002 2:10pm
    #1
    Registered Users Posts: 3,279 regi


    Anyone else on boards come from Dungarvan? (apart from logic :D )


Comments

  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭ Mossy Monk


    a few miles away (4 or 5)


  • Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭ kamobe


    I spent my summers as a kid on the clonea strand in Casey's Caravan park. Well, part of them anyway :) Beautiful place Dungarven. I miss it :(:)


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭ Mossy Monk


    Originally posted by kamobe
    Beautiful place Dungarven. I miss it :(:)

    i am trying to figure out if that's sarcasm or the genuine truth. maybe you're on about a different place. Dungarvan is a **** hole


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 logic1


    Originally posted by Mossy Monk


    i am trying to figure out if that's sarcasm or the genuine truth. maybe you're on about a different place. Dungarvan is a **** hole

    Not at all, it's a beautiful place. We're not talking about the square at 3am after Davitts here I'm talking about the countryside and the sea. I dove all around the coast while I lived there (20 odd years) and travelled the country side extensively. You'd have to be blind to say it isn't a really lovely place. Pity about the people :)

    .logic.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 memphis


    Originally posted by kamobe
    I spent my summers as a kid on the clonea strand in Casey's Caravan park. Well, part of them anyway :) Beautiful place Dungarven. I miss it :(:)

    I have a mobile home in Clonea, in Casey's to be exact.
    Lovely place ok. I have being spending all my summers down there since I was born. I love the countryside, the sea, and the such pleasent relaxed feeling I get every time I go there.

    In fact, I loved it so much that I even spent a summer working in The Strand Hotel there (bout summer of 98 or so).

    As for Dungarvan itself, the town never really appealled to me, but over the years it has developed incredibly, and there are quite a few very good restaurants and pubs there.


  • Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭ Mossy Monk


    Originally posted by logic1
    Not at all, it's a beautiful place. We're not talking about the square at 3am after Davitts here I'm talking about the countryside and the sea. I dove all around the coast while I lived there (20 odd years) and travelled the country side extensively. You'd have to be blind to say it isn't a really lovely place. Pity about the people :)

    ok, for surrounding scenery it's quite good but for facilities i stick by my original statement. the square at 3am can be really bad but i try to avoid Davitts unless i really have to go, birthdays etc. the caravan park is quite good. it is set in a nice spot but there are a load of idiots in the area. overall not a bad place for a visitor but for those of us unfortunate enough to be living here it's hell


Advertisement