Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Anyone from Dungarvan?

• 18-09-2002 3:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭

Anyone else on boards come from Dungarvan? (apart from logic :D )

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

a few miles away (4 or 5)

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭kamobe

I spent my summers as a kid on the clonea strand in Casey's Caravan park. Well, part of them anyway :) Beautiful place Dungarven. I miss it :(:)

Originally posted by kamobe
    Beautiful place Dungarven. I miss it :(:)

i am trying to figure out if that's sarcasm or the genuine truth. maybe you're on about a different place. Dungarvan is a **** hole

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

Originally posted by Mossy Monk

i am trying to figure out if that's sarcasm or the genuine truth. maybe you're on about a different place. Dungarvan is a **** hole

Not at all, it's a beautiful place. We're not talking about the square at 3am after Davitts here I'm talking about the countryside and the sea. I dove all around the coast while I lived there (20 odd years) and travelled the country side extensively. You'd have to be blind to say it isn't a really lovely place. Pity about the people :)

.logic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭memphis

Originally posted by kamobe
    I spent my summers as a kid on the clonea strand in Casey's Caravan park. Well, part of them anyway :) Beautiful place Dungarven. I miss it :(:)

I have a mobile home in Clonea, in Casey's to be exact.
    Lovely place ok. I have being spending all my summers down there since I was born. I love the countryside, the sea, and the such pleasent relaxed feeling I get every time I go there.

In fact, I loved it so much that I even spent a summer working in The Strand Hotel there (bout summer of 98 or so).

As for Dungarvan itself, the town never really appealled to me, but over the years it has developed incredibly, and there are quite a few very good restaurants and pubs there.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by logic1
    Not at all, it's a beautiful place. We're not talking about the square at 3am after Davitts here I'm talking about the countryside and the sea. I dove all around the coast while I lived there (20 odd years) and travelled the country side extensively. You'd have to be blind to say it isn't a really lovely place. Pity about the people :)

ok, for surrounding scenery it's quite good but for facilities i stick by my original statement. the square at 3am can be really bad but i try to avoid Davitts unless i really have to go, birthdays etc. the caravan park is quite good. it is set in a nice spot but there are a load of idiots in the area. overall not a bad place for a visitor but for those of us unfortunate enough to be living here it's hell

Advertisement