Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ntl Broadband Development Team

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭MiCr0

ntl user group
    www.nthellworld.com
    irc://ie.quakenet.org/nthellworld

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Here

Oh and by the way these are the guys in charge of NTL who probably need to be told what we in Ireland think of their service, especially as their minions do not seem to answer queries.

Stephen Carter deserves particular thanks from us for talking sh1te about 10000 new broadband subscribers a week ..in the UK that is... while he was not prepared to discuss any investment in Ireland at all.

This was the interview in last Fridays Irish Times by the way.

John Gregg
    Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer
    ddi: 0171-909-2000
    ext: (729) 2003
    mobile: 0385-502-161
    fax: 0171-909-2012
    e-mail: john.gregg@ntl.com

Stephen Carter
    Managing Director and Chief Operating Officer
    ddi: 01256 754500
    ext: (711) 4500
    mobile: -
    fax: 01256 754501
    e-mail: Stephen.Carter@ntl.com
    other contact information:
    PA - Karen Mott, 711 4502

Mr Peter Douglas
    Group MD Broadcast
    ddi: 01962 822214
    ext: (716) 2214
    mobile: 07774 650474
    fax: 01962 822555
    e-mail: peter.douglas@ntl.com

Mr Scott Falconer
    Managing Director Consumer Services
    ddi: 01256 752003
    ext: (711) 2003
    mobile: 07881 500953
    fax: 01256 752908
    e-mail: scott.falconer@ntl.com

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Wow. NTL.....communicating with their customers *rubs eyes*

I have to say, NTL have a slim to nil chance of extracting money from me for any service, I have never been so disgusted with the service from any company I have ever dealt with. And i'm not focussing on any isolated incident here, over the course of almost an entire year, NTL surpassed themselves in rudeness, bad customer service and refusal to document customer complaints...in fact, make that ANY customer details, complaint or no.

So I read with no great surprise recently about massive losses they have made within their Irish operation. Here's hoping they have to sell up, and a decent company with the business acumen that NTL are so sorely lacking will buy them out and develop the services which sound so promising but which ultimately, we all know will probably never get rolled out.

ntl_cable_modem - this is not a dig at you, I feel sorry for anyone who has to work in NTL :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

I'm sure they feel sorry for eachother aswell. Come in to work "I'm sorry sorry you have to work here"... "I'm sorry for you too".

I have to agree though, NTL have been the pits. They won't even provide me with basic TV at the moment, as "we're not sure where your area is". Get a map!

Blessing in disguise really as Sky Digital has been brill.

My hope is they sell up to some French/German/UK company that have more plans to provide decent service.

[edit] Numerous people I know aswell have been billed many times for services they have either not received, or have cancelled. Even their billing department don't know what they're doing[/edit]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭crawler

New estates have new cable but it is still on one way amps which means that they are only one way. :(

As they said , nothing will happen this year on Broadband me thinks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

Come on Chorus, why dont ye start up a thread like NTL did,... go on, go on, go on, go on, GO ON!... :mad:

Advertisement