Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digiweb launch 512k Satellite Broadband throughout Ireland

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭MDR

Good grief that is alot of money ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

If you need to use the Internet during the day or for business, and can't get ADSL, unfortunately it's what we're stuck with in this "e-Tub". :mad:

Another thing mediasat.ie
    have 2 entry products SOHO and SOHO2WAY,

SOHO:

€50 for one way connection (ie you pay call charges),
    and you only get a 500mb download allowance

SOHO2WAY:

€216 for two way connection,
    unlimited download.

WTF,

should the cap on the SOHO product not be a little more reasonable, like who the fcuk is gonna buy it in their right mind ...

If you need to use the Internet during the day or for business, and can't get ADSL, unfortunately it's what we're stuck with in this "e-Tub".

I feel your pain brother,
    my new saturday morning entertainment has become visiting one of my td's. At his saturday surgery, gonna go on a kill crazy rampage (not literally kids, I am annoyed though, I may wag my finger) tomorrow morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 kae

How is it competition if you resell their service, your opinions cannot be impartial if you tout the same product.

We are in competition for hosting and application development, as nowayman said, and we resell their satellite solution, as I said. There is no contradiction.

It is not really important who you buy the satellite service off. We do it more as a convenience than anything - we have people asking us a lot about broadband, and that is the one we use, so why not resell it?

We have not have many problems with the service. The only major problems where that the service is stable under win98, not completely stable in winXP, and not supported in Linux. As for any serious problems - it usually fixes itself as long as the machine is healthy (uptodate and virus free).

It is a fair question, and it is your choice who you go to. If you are not happy with Digiweb's support, you can try us. Your choice.

We are primarily web developers. As I said, we provide this service as a convenience more than anything.

Kae
    kverens@webworks.ie

• Advertisement

thats fair enough,

Have you ever feel compelled to try and undercut digiwebs price by a health amount, and make monso off the satillette broadband too ? Or would the margin allow this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 kae

Have you ever feel compelled to try and undercut digiwebs price by a health amount, and make monso off the satillette broadband too ? Or would the margin allow this.

I wouldn't know about this, being but a lowly tech ;) - but I am under the impression that Digiweb are providing this solution about as cheaply as they can, according to their own reselling deal (as mentioned, they get it off a large european company), so there would be no point us even trying.

Kae

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Bios

Totally OT but

echomadman I really love your sig, would love to stick it on a t-shirt. Do you have higher res versions so i can print it? contact me on adamsim@eircom.net

Thx m8

Advertisement