Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

simple yes or no poll on smoking ganja

Options
  • 27-08-2002 8:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭

do you or don't you, just trying to get a fair idea

do you smoke ganja? 82 votes

i do
    0% 0 votes
    i don't
    100% 82 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

I don't, drink has always been enough for me.

Having said that I was tempted to just try it in first year but I decided I didn’t want to in the end. After thinking about it I didn’t see the point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

I used to not be for it and never touched it, but people change and so have I. Now I'll smoke it if its around and would not stop at that. Would try anything bar acid or lsd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

Originally posted by yellum
    I used to not be for it and never touched it, but people change and so have I. Now I'll smoke it if its around and would not stop at that. Would try anything bar acid or lsd.

Acid is LSD, why wouldn't you try it?

.logic.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

I do but I don't get the hoopla surrounding it. It's nice. Pints in a pub is better. It can be an interesting addition sometimes. And yes I have had some totally killer weed, em, dude.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Kalina

I don't, don't see the attraction really!

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Not anymore. Prefer booze.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

legalise

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Never have, never will, drink is enough for me.

John

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I tried it once, didn't like it. So, no I don't. I probably didn't take it properly anyway since I don't even smoke cigarettes :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

dont see what all the fuss is about myself,
    i used to smoke it all the time but i just cant be bothered anymore.
    my bro canes a serious ammount of it, and rarely gets his sh|t together. i just end up feeling drowsy and ill if i have anything more than a couple of tokes.
    i guess i missed out on the smoking genes or something
    i'm much more of an alcohol orientated man:D
    dont see what the big deal is with getting it legalised, it's totally harmless
    Now I'll smoke it if its around and would not stop at that. Would try anything bar acid or lsd.
    so you have no problem with smoking crack & jacking up:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

did before,
    dont right now,
    cant say I wont again.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Actually, I did once, I had a bucket, held it in my lungs for around 90 Seconds. Didnt notice any great "feeling"..... I prefere to get active alá drink and not all mellowed.

John

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

used to smoke a lot
    dont anymore

im pro legalisation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭El Marco

Alot of my friends smoke it, but I don't see the point in it as I've never got the "feeling" that my friends claim to get all the time. I don't see the point in hash as drink does more and actually makes you feel differant rather than drowsy. Anyway, a majority of the people I know who smoke it alot just seem to turn into slow witted morons :(

I pro choice on legalization but I'd hate see everyone turn into towel heads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭l3rian

i dont anymore, which do you think will come quicker, legalisation of hash, or cheap broadband?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭phobos

I never bought the stuff. I first tried it a couple of years ago. Since then I've tried it here and there, only a couple of times. If you asked me did I smoke it, I would say NO. Not that I'm against it, or anything, it someone wants to do it, let them off, a person can decide for themselves. But in recent times, and at a time that I should have been focusing on my degree exams in college, I did a major dose of the stuff, along with some enhansing stuff to raise the buzz. The evening was orgainsied my someone else, but I take full responsibility for participating, but I really didn't know what I was getting myself in to.

Between me and 3 others we had a 1/4. Which (for the mathematically elite) is an 1/8 each. We put in in a drink with this aditive, that apparently hightened the effect (and it do, OMFG it DID). This was the part that I was oblivious to before I did it.

Anyway 1.5 hours after I had it, I was having these amasing ideas, that I started to write down. To this day I remember the things I was thinking, and TBH they were really kewl, and really deep. You may laugh, but I swear they even made sense, when I snapped out of it. But there lied the problem. The problem was that I didn't snap out of it for almost 48 hours. 24 hours after I first had it I returned home, to a housewarming in my own family's house. Only 2 members of my family noticed that there was something wrong with me, but have never said anything ot my mother (thank god, she would worry). What was wrong with me is that I didn't have physical control. Even thought my thoughts were very deep, and probably too deep. I was bouncing off walls, yet I was solving mathematical problems that would probably have us all living on Mars by now.

So right now I've have voted that I don't smoke ganja (or whatever you like to call it). I don't hold anything against anybody that does, but for that split second (or 48 hours) where I lost control, I didn't like it, and I remember asking a friend of mine is there a place I can go, that I can regain control or get away from the place my mind is at. That scares the **** out of me, and for that reason I don't care to do it again.

Call me what you like. But I have had people that have done it for years, tell me the coctail that I did that night, was complete madness, and it was complete luck that I managed to travel 50 miles back to my home city in one piece under the influence of what I had taken.

The moral of my story: If you haven't: Don't. If you have: Don't go any further. It's not worth it.

Take care ;)

;-phobos-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Wook

Phobos

thats why they call it mind-altering drugs ? :D
    on a serious note, you are absolutly right , some peoples lives are changed after a dose of the good old acid or weed.
    You see things in a different perspective, some people become very good at math, arts, or philosophy and so on.
    I betcha that some of the best art work around these days and trough history are made under influence..of narcotics.
    from experience i would say that drugs is a control game , you decide how far into your trip you want to go and when to stop and resurface reality. Some people are too clinged to the daily life and what they are use to see and feel, some people can go beyond that and explore that what they are looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Originally posted by phobos

Between me and 3 others we had a 1/4. Which (for the mathematically elite) is an 1/8 each. We put in in a drink with this aditive, that apparently hightened the effect (and it do, OMFG it DID). This was the part that I was oblivious to before I did it.

;-phobos-)

What exactly was this "additive"? I'm assuming you took hash tea? Your buzz sounds like it anyway...

Lump, sounds like you did a bucket bomb, and it sounds like you did it wrong, as you should have been whacked. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Hobnail Monkey

Used to smoke it occassionally (I voted I do) but not really interested in it any more. I'm not into pills or chemicals either

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Done it before, but tbh never found it that amazing. Just made me sleepy. :P

I'll take a toke if/when it's offered, but thats it - wouldn't go outta my way to get it, or buy it etc. If I don't do it again, fair enuff

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Smoke it socially every now and then - it's a very good social drug, as long as it's treated with a similar respect as you should be giving alcohol. Someone lightly toasted is fun and verbose, someone off their face is no fun and passing out.

Also used to smoke it to help me sleep when I was working in London and effectively doing 14-16 hour working days including commute - great way to wind down and get a decent nights kip, and you feel fresh as a daisy in the morning unlike a lot of other sleep solutions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Also used to smoke it to help me sleep when I was working in London and effectively doing 14-16 hour working days including commute - great way to wind down and get a decent nights kip, and you feel fresh as a daisy in the morning unlike a lot of other sleep solutions.
    i normally wake up with a really groggy head the day after having a smoke (even more so than usual)
    Done it before, but tbh never found it that amazing. Just made me sleepy. :P

I'll take a toke if/when it's offered, but thats it - wouldn't go outta my way to get it, or buy it etc. If I don't do it again, fair enuff
    same as
    Between me and 3 others we had a 1/4. Which (for the mathematically elite) is an 1/8 each.
    surely thatd be a 'teenth' each

Originally posted by phobos
    Between me and 3 others we had a 1/4. Which (for the mathematically elite) is an 1/8.
    [Pedantry]

Four eights is a half. Four sixteenths is a quarter.

[/pedantry]

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Smoke occasionally, socially. The odd time when I need help sleeping.

Seeing as this thread is slowly turning into a discussion rather than a poll, here's my 2c: I really don't like the ****e we get in Ireland - I'd much prefer some proper skunk to mangy petrol-soaked hash. I can't say I enjoy smoking a hash joint (I smoke because I like the effects), it's only the natural stuff I actually enjoy.
    Even the buzz is different with proper weed - with hash I feel a slight buzz masked by the fact that I'm body-stoned; I'm pinned to the chair and feel drowsy and lethargic. I get a much 'purer' high with skunk - much less of a drowsy sensation, then about 20 minutes later the psychoactive buzz hits.

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

I have smoked on occasion, but have never bought it...
    It's one of those things where you'll accept it if it's on offer, but wouldn't bother otherwise. I've been offered 'More' plenty of times, but smoking is the limit for me.

Apart from that I'm a chain smoker (SuperKing Black) and go out drinking regularly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭l3rian

¼ ÷ 3 = a twelfth each :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

We would have an interesting poll if nice smoke was widely available here ;)

Originally posted by l3rian
    ¼ ÷ 3 = a twelfth each :p
    Goodness. Me + 3 others = 4. And I bet you complain when your dealer rips you off.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭BEAT

Originally posted by tactical anni
    We would have an interesting poll if nice smoke was widely available here ;)

I'd take that as a yes from tac then , lol

I voted no. Just have no interest in it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭exiztone

Yeah, but not regulary... just when going out I might throw in a £10 to buy half a score with someone....
    Hmm ganja... 1st time I'v heard someone call it by that, are you Jamaican?

Advertisement