Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite Game Sountrack

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Jebus, I forgot about GTA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭El Marco

Yeh sico, I was going to say it untill I saw your post. Gta had an amazingly good soundtrack and funny too. FF7 had a great one too, not really good music just extremely memorable.

Also theres this game on the ps1 that was set in a prison and the camera was an overhead view. You played the prisoners trying to escape and they looked like psycos and I cant for the life of me remember the name of it, but anyway THAT had a brilliant soundtrack :)

Is there anyway to rip music from ps cds to your pc?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

Secret of Mana
    FF7
    Zelda 3
    Quake 1+2
    C&C + red alert
    Cannon Fodder
    GTA
    Independance War2
    B5:ITF (game was never released, but the music that was made for it is pretty good)
    Homeworld
    Metal Gear Solid

Think that covers it:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Is there anyway to rip music from ps cds to your pc?
    yep, there is, bit of a headwrecking thing to do tho...
    i cant remember the names of the tools i used, thing i got them off megagames...
    i'll edit this later on, i can e-mail them to you if you want.

oh yeah, interstate '76 had a class soundtrack... wakka wakka

/edit
    i think i used this...
    you need to know your way around dos if you want to use it.
    it converts *.xa files (generally music & speech) into *.wav files
    it worked alright for me with gta2.
    there should be another xa ripper with a ui out there, cant remember it's name tho.
    i think xa files use a dodgy sample rate, 37000 or something, youll either have to leave them as wave files, or convert them to 44k before you convert to mp3

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,929 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

All of squaresoft games had great soundtracks. My favourite has to be FF7 and FF10. The orchestrated versions are fantastic!
    The Konami games usually have great soundtracks. Loved the music from the contra games, axelay and rocket knight adventures. Treasure also have great soundtracks.
    Then there's the classic street fighter soundtrack.
    Sorry I'm about to openly weep tears of nostalgia.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

Most choices have already been posted, but I will say Silent Hill has an excellent soundtrack, particularly the opening theme.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

the opening theme to chrono cross is in my opion the best piece of music in a computer game. a haunting bit of work. the whole soundtrack is a masterpiece.

[edit]

http://chronotrigger.emuparadise.org/soundtracks/chronocross/index.html -le soundtrack tres bien
    i dont know if its allowed to post such things so any admin kill it if you want[/edit]

Advertisement