Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where'd u get your siggy?

Options
  • 14-07-2002 1:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭

I change my signature more often than I change my underpants, but what do all yours mean? ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭phobos

Codito Ergo Sum = I code therefore, I am

Sums up my mindset quite well, I think :)

;-phobos-)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

First line from a Wu-Tang Clan track, rapped by Ghostface Killah.
    Song is ''I Can't Go To Sleep''.

Sig used to be a line from Brainfreeze by Dj Shadow, but I grew tired of it. Maybe someday in the future it will return. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

Made the pic with my limited PSP skills.
    Got the font from http://www.abstractfonts.com/fonts/ its the sliders font
    Got the mean of it from some Mech Warrior 2 site.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Well mine is a quote from some ww2 general.. cant remember his name.. feck. Also the image which i added the text to.

I will host your signature image if you want on my host. I have unlimited bandwidth so just PM me if you want. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

The picture is of Andy Kaufman, which I got in google or altavista and didn't bother removing the borders they put on it.
    And the text is from the song "Breakdown" by Guns 'n' Roses, and the film Vanishing point.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Mark

ww2 general

General George S. Patton I think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭scipio_major

Originally posted by Winters
    Well mine is a quote from some ww2 general.. cant remember his name

George Patton said: The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."

Your patriotism one sounds like one of his alright but I've never heard it before.

For the record my signatue is my arguement against egotists armed with philosophy. I have a similar one for Nihilists :D

Fade to Credits
    Scipio_major

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

The text is something that seeped out one time, from some dirty great black hole on mars. No, pluto. No, wait... Black holes exist in space, not planets. Oh, fss. No idea.

So anyway, I spewed that forth on irc, and jaggeh commented.
    It then found its way down there.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

It was a wild consortium of drunkards, slishods and fruit that spawned this hob-trob conglomeration of random character strings and image tags you see before your eyes.
    Or tulips.
    Either way I'm making off with this penguin..............

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Originally posted by scipio_major

George Patton said: The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."

Your patriotism one sounds like one of his alright but I've never heard it before.

I got it from a book so it must be right... I dont read many books but the ones i do read are true so i trust the book... but im many cases books can ....... ill shut up... im just gonna go to bed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,574 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

A line from Nada Surf - Popular.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

i usually turn sigs off, because those sig pictures are mostly lame, mostly.
    either way for those that have it turned on, mines from spacemen3's "walkin with jesus", and probably one my favourite snippets of lyric.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭Doodee

Most of all I just think em up myself, sometimes from stuff I heard,

The Doodee does Hollywood © is an actual real life action adventure story, taken from my person experiences out in the U.S, and of course, taken from the Fact that I was a dirty slut.....
    But they loved meh :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

mine is my non 1337 photoshop skills, at their finest :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭stormkeeper

Well, my first quote came from an email I recieved (It mails you daily quotes) and the second one was from a RPG I used to help run (yes, it an ST RPG and yes, I'm a Trekkie :p) Funnilly enough my avatar is actually the same type of ship the one in my sig mentions ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

I stole mine from the Shawshank Redemption.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭DrunkLeprachaun

Mine is from this web comic called Sexy Losers(it says your fúck is shít dickass). I wont previde a link, because that is **** is definately for adults only. The pic is my avatar on another site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭pauldeehan

The voices in my head stutter and I decided to share that fact with everyone else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

I took a screen grab from Mobile Suit Gundam Wing and messed aorund with it alot in photoshop. Looks snazzy. The link is to my digital artwork hosted on deviantart.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭El Marco

My l33t psp skills and my flavour of the month brought my sig together. I made a bunch of sigs for lexcorp and this is but one :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

*lick*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭The Gopher

I made mine up myself:) But if i had to give credit to anything it would be the naked gun films-they were filled with dozens of quotes which my brain must have picked up and used them to form an original:cool: So while not actually from any of the films it was in effect influenced by quotes such as"Like a midget at a urinel i had to keep on my toes".:D :D
    I have used the odd one of tv though-a former one being Mrs Doyles tirade against the evils of sex(can you imagine it father?your husband there with his lad in his hand...........)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Fightclub

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭Ruaidhri

Stephen kindly donated my one to me :)

think mother/granny jokes got outa hand there so it spawned this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭deco

Mine is from "Monty Python & The Holy Grail"....

The constitional peasent scene.....

Used to have an other one which was the poem at the start of "The Man Who Was Thursday" by G. K. Chesteron.....

But I had to dump it because it was bloody massive!

And the little logo is from a great Dublin band called Turn....

Def. one band to watch out for!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭deco

Btw just wondering....I keep seeing this thing at the bottom of a lot of peoples' sigs:

comeonbanus.gif Protector of the Vigilant Light of the Boards.ie Knights of Comeonbanus™ 2002

What is that about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

Im just shilling:)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

it's a sekrit! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

i am also expecting replies of the type.

What signature?

They don't exist!

Keep away

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Made my one up out of boredom

eh edit.. the text part anyway.. not the pic.. thats from www.tolkienonline.com

Advertisement