Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resi Film

Options
  • 05-07-2002 1:53am
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 5,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Any one got any Idea when the resident evil film is out and if it is any good?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭pauldeehan

I hear that it's quite good and is coming out on the 12th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Yep, out middle of this month and it's pretty good really. I enjoyed it a lot - it's noisy and mindless and gory and a hell of a lot of fun. Definite homages to all manner of videogames, George Romero's zombie flicks and lots of bits that appear to have been half inched from Event Horizon.... It's not thought provoking, but it's certainly entertaining and a worthy flick to go with the series of games.

And it's got Milla Jovovich in it, naturally her baps are all over the place and there's a full on minge-shot later in the film. Wahey!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

What Shinji said.

Although, there was a few Matrixisms that seemed very out of place.
    And the soundtrack was pretty bad, except for the main theme.
    Why did they have to go and get Marylin Manson to do it?
    If they had had any sense, they'd have gotten Chris Vrenna.

In fact, there's about a billion things I could say that's wrong with the film.
    But in the end, it's just a really god damn cool film, and great fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Originally posted by spooky donkey
    Any one got any Idea when the resident evil film is out and if it is any good?

Id imangine the people contributing the the thread titled 'Resident Evil' about 6 threads down from this one have a fair idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭DrunkLeprachaun

That's not out yet? It was out months ago in the states. Hmm, that's ****ty. I heard from some people it was good and from others it was ****, so not much help here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Dibh echs

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Whats the main theme called? Is it the kinda freaky bells theme? I thought it was cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

It was a highly entertaining affair with lots of brain loving zombies! and other such antics. The sould track was good enough despite what sir metals alot thinks :p It even kept to the game in ways which is odd due the recent spat of game to film conversions.

Originally posted by Ronan|Raven
    The sould track was good enough despite what sir metals alot thinks :p It even kept to the game in ways

Hardly...
    For the most part it broke out in to some thumping techno/rock theme during the action scenes, the beat of which is exactly the same to the song "Disposable Teens". It was terrible!

I would have prefered a proper film score, something akin to the soundtrack of the first game would have been brilliant. Someone like Chris Vrenna would have been great, rather than Manson.

The "Freaky Bells Theme" as Raven said, is quite cool, but other than that, it blows.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 5,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭spooky donkey

Thanks guys its just thazt i saw the trailer a while back and it looked great, but then the reailer for Minority report looks good!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Volvagia

Great Movie, a bit confusing at the start but gets really good! The ssoundtrack really goes with it!

hey i seams to me that alot of the people posting on this thread were at Galway Lan 3 ... what a coinsidence!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

it's a pretty cool film, nice storyline

Originally posted by Volvagia
    hey i seams to me that alot of the people posting on this thread were at Galway Lan 3 ... what a coinsidence!

Are you implying that we all got hold of an illeagal copy at the LAN?
    Because if that's what you think...
    I shall inform you, that you're sadly mistaken...

*Fiddles With Tie*

In fact...
    I'm not wearing a tie at all...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

good scare movie, specially the way the team leader gets killed, sure a fúck wasn't expecting it :D
    the way the dogs get killed off too early kind of sucked.

Milla is looking as fine as ever

Now, back to my yogurt

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Very cool movie..... the non-metal part of the soundtrack (which, in fairness, is about 95%) is excellent. Kind of reminds me of old 70s suspense movies, where you just have noises rather than music. Anyway, it was a nice touch. But... the metal part of the soundtrack was bloody awful (especially that annoying dirge when the commandos make their entrance).

Dogs were cool, zombies were cool, main mutant was kinda fake looking in some shots, that 'light room' was very cool, acting was very good, dialog was good (cheezy in places - "Missing you already" - but usually above average), story was very very good.

A really nice touch was the closing shot of the movie. I haven't seen an ending that ominous since Terminator. :)

Sequel? Guaranteed.........

- Dave.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,571 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Great movie - I just hope she's wearing that outfit she was in at the end for the duration of the next movie. If they can somehow think of a way of continuing the story, that is - I mean they pretty much tied it all up in the first one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭El Marco

I loved the film, but tbh I love any film automaticly once zombies enter the picture :)

And she gets all kinds of naked :)

Ah they didn't tie up all threads........
    there was mention of the Nemesis program.

- Dave.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,571 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Sarcasm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Apparently some characters from the games are due to make an appearance in the sequel, which will see Jovovich's character teaming up with Jill wosserface...

Oh, and Paul Anderson is currently working on a script for the Aliens Vs Predator movie, according to Dark Horizons.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭walt

I thought it was ****in class, good soundtrack too.
    There were some excellent disturbing bits in it, such as the part at start with the elevator! omg
    I jumped a few times too, but the girls beside me where SCREAMING Their HEADS off and blaming me for picking this film 'cos they wanted to see spid0rman.
    I found the bit in the room with the laser weapons thingy quite disturbing. I was growing rather fond of that black guy until the laser grid came...'sh1t!'.
    I can't leave without commenting on the dog scene, it was spectacular.
    I could hear loads of people saying how sh1t it was when we were leaving, but tbh, I couldn't make up my mind on whether I thought it was crap or good because I was still recovering from some bits of it. Although most of those ppl were jumping out of their seats through a lot of the film.
    Not a cinematic masterpiece but I found it to be a full of thrillllllls

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

Originally posted by Shinji

Oh, and Paul Anderson is currently working on a script for the Aliens Vs Predator movie, according to Dark Horizons.

this movie was ment to be out years ago but was cancled . theres 14 different scripts for it . but all are class . whatever they do just keep it origional .

well resident evil was a good movie i saw it over in the states 6 weeks ago ( yes that will do )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭walt

I thought it was ****inin class, good soundtrack too.
    There were some excellent disturbing bits in it, such as the part at start with the elevator! omg
    I jumped a few times too, but the girls beside me where SCREAMING Their HEADS off and blaming me for picking this film 'cos they wanted to see spid0rman.
    I found the bit in the room with the laser weapons thingy quite disturbing. I was growing rather fond of that black guy until the laser grid came...'sh1t!'.
    I can't leave without commenting on the dog scene, it was spectacular.
    I could hear loads of people saying how sh1t it was when we were leaving, but tbh, I couldn't make up my mind on whether I thought it was crap or good because I was still recovering from some bits of it. Although most of those ppl were jumping out of their seats through a lot of the film.
    Not a cinematic masterpiece but I found it to be a full of thrillllllls

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

This was certainly the best movie of a computer game I've seen by a huge margin. I enjoyed it alot.

Visually it was great, I liked the way it was shot and the design of the lab with those odd glass corridors was just right.

Was that Milla Joviche(sp?) bush shot unnecessary? Maybe it was part of the character development and accentuated the theme of vulnerability..

I thought the music was great and I'm not a fan of Manson.

Heheh.... probably coz "Resi Film" isn't a very good name for the other bloody thread !!!! :D

- Dave.

Originally posted by TmB
    Ah they didn't tie up all threads........
    there was mention of the Nemesis program.

- Dave.

You silly drunky monkey.
    That's what you call "Leaving It Open For A Sequal".

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

i actually thought it wasnt great... im a big fan of the first 2 games which probably dosn't help :)

I thought the zombies could have been done a bit better (more flesh hanging off or somthin) and they only had the dogs, zombies and the crawler... the Licker and the boss being the same was a bit of a cop out. I did enjoy seeing it turned in to a movie though and the secnond movie could be much better we will just have to wait and see.

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭SweetBirdOfTruth

amazing what putting mila jovovich in a red dress and black kinky boots can do ... hello boys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭ObeyGiant

Apparently, on the DVD commentary (yes, we are that far behind), Milla Jovovich promises that, if the DVD is a success, she'll get "butt implants".

BUTT IMPLANTS

I'm just saying, that's all.

Advertisement