Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

need an opinion

• 01-07-2002 8:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

ok, what would you think if you rcvd the following in the mail from a girl who you toyed with telling her you'd be with her if it wasnt for your g/f but then left your g/f for another girl and the girl told her...now keep in mind that you agreed to be just friends with the girl and everthing seemed okay but when she found out what you had done she mailed this to you: (oh, & keep in mind that one of our tying bonds was that we both wrote poetry and often would get together to have writing sesions):

I met this guy
    and thought he was cool,

I became his tool and in the end,
    was the fool...

Played his game,
    shared his pain,

Had some fun
    with nothing to gain...

Ate his lies and even the truth in his eyes
    were in the end the proof of another one
    who would decieve.

He thought he was different,
    but oh he is just the same...

So many before him have walked the same path
    and spewed the same foolery,

He had me in his grasp
    for just a short while,

Drinking his poison from the words
    he kept hidden in a vile.

He has a special way of drawing in the
    unsuspecting and tapping into thier emotions,

like a venemous snake
    he waits for his prey,

but one day,
    he will curse the day

I've been there before
    so it does'nt pierce my soul,

But there will be one who
    might not take it so well...

Be careful in the steps you take
    for they are deep,

One day you may find
    that you too can sink

Life goes on and
    there will be others,

But right now I ask myself,
    why didnt I listen to my mother.

You're now a distant memory,
    A source of joy that came from darkness...

It was'nt meant to be,

I am now free.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

Originally posted by Unregistered

I met this guy
    and thought he was cool,

I became his tool and in the end,
    was the fool...

unless there was some one else gilted her around, played with her heart and fed her lies, then you may be in the clear

otherwise its apology time and i mean big ****-off apology with bells and roses to say sorry and nothing more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Originally posted by Unregistered
    what would you think if you rcvd the following in the mail
    I would suspect that she is actually a Vogon :D

Seriously - I wouldn't worry about it unless she continues and begins to send you dead animals in the post.

Axiom #117: All bunny-boilers will swear that they're completely over you (over and over and over and over and over and over and over again), but not all who swear that they're completely over you are going to bebunny-boilers - just over you.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭BEAT

Originally posted by The Corinthian

I would suspect that she is actually a Vogon :D

[/SIZE]

Care to elaborate on that?
    ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Originally posted by BEAT
    Care to elaborate on that? dont think its a bit harsh do you?
    "The third worst poetry in the universe is written by Vogons, and frequently used as a form of torture."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/hitchhikers/guide/poetry.shtml

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

excellent Corinthian! I'd forgotten about them :D

"need an opinion"

what opinion are you looking for exactly Unreggie??

if you're askin' if she's p*ssed off with you, then the answer is YES

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

I wouldn't say she was pi$$ed....more that she copped on to her-self and fair do's to her for doing so.....If I where you I'd tell her sorry......and make sure you really know why you are sorry... then leave it at that...

as was stated above

also, if you ask me the point of that poem was pretty damn clear

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭darthmise

My personal opinion is that you shouldn't have posted that up on boards. She wrote it for you alone to read, not everyone elsehere...., even if she and you are annonymous.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Sounds like she's pissed/hurt alright, and I can't blame her. If she were here now I'd tell her to stay well away from you. Doesn't sound like you know how to treat women at all, Mr "Playa" man. Why lie?

Judging from the poem (however, um, "not good" it may be), she's let go, and is getting rid of you. Good for her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

Clain I think you have gotten the wrong end of the stick, as unregi said, he toyed with her and told her that if it wasn't for his G/F at the time, he'd be with her....When the G/F was out of the picture he went off with someone else...her writing the poem, is her way of telling him that she knows he is a lier and that she wont beleave what he has to say again, that she wants to not speak to him... seeing as she is the one being sh!ted on. I dont think she even has to look at him again...let alone speak to him.

well thats how I see it anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

Sounds like she was hurt when she liked you, and now she doesnt want to know anymore but wants to tell you that she knows the lies you told her (presumably), and is free of them.

Mercury_Tilt, *try* not to insult people please?

<< Fio >>

Advertisement