Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

#1 in Ireland???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭bugs

Sam, you can't win. God knows you touch yourself and that is why!

God told me....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭bugs

Seriously tho,
    Koopa got his ass royaly kicked in DCU on many of the occasion. I seem to remember some pretty fupping gay players beating him in rocket arena (not much of a feat, his rl aim is fupping useless)

Emperor (sings in a choir and i think his mum dresses him) beat sam, which he's probably not going to admit, but i was there. I witnessed the whuppage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Koopa

i only lost 20 quid on the bet vs emperor though, im hardly bothered about that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭podgeen

Originally posted by swiss
    In fact I'll probably put something like €10 - €20 (small potatoes :) ) on the match in question and I'll try to make it to the LAN if a day is arranged (and if there's enough space for me). I don't know if there's someone on the other side who's willing to see that wager ;).

I'll see your 20euros and raise you 10 euros.
    Lets say 30euros, when koopa wins you pay me, if nemesis wins ill pay you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

swiss i bet you €50 ,koopa will win by 15 clear frags or more?

• Advertisement

Originally posted by SheroN

back off he's mine, find your own chimp

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭swiss

Originally posted by podgeen:

I'll see your 20euros and raise you 10 euros.
    Lets say 30euros, when koopa wins you pay me, if nemesis wins ill pay you.
    Originally posted by SheroN:

I thought this might happen. Fine, I'll bet against both of you, and I'll even make it €50 (although that's split between ye if ye lose). If I win I get €25 off both of ye. That's about as high as I'm willing to go.

so lets get this straight,

if nemesis wins i pay u 25euros
    if koopa wins you pay me 25euros

If that's OK with you, yeah

I'm not interested in winning/losing margins so if the game should be won by 1 frag or 100 it won't make a difference.

If Koopa wins
    • I pay podgeen €25
    • I pay SheroN €25
    • Total payout = €50

If *Nemesis* wins
    • podgeen pays me €25
    • SheroN pays me €25
    • Total winnings = €50

Is that fair enough for ye? I don't mind if ye don't wanna bet, and I'm not gonna call ye chickens or anything. That's the max I'm willing to bet, and I *never* usually bet anything like that (because I'm not much of a betting person). If SheroN doesn't want to take on the bet, it will be just between yourself and myself podgeen. Is that OK?

yeah sound here, will it be 50euro then or still 25?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Zero

hey swiss, i'll go €25 with u aswell for Koopa if you're on for it. In fact, I'll go €100 with you that not only will Koopa demolish Nemesis, but I also will afterwards.

If you like...

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I'll take the bet too, if Koopa wins you owe me 25 euro :)

Ok, joking aside, Koopa will totally flatten *nemesis*, I'm not putting Nem down, Koopa flattens me completely too.
    You might be an excellent player in Waterford and murder everyone around you but Koopa is frankly worldclass....

Lets stop the madness before it all becomes bitter and someone loses an eye... :)

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

nah seriously dev, i've seen the demos, he can't dodge....
    I'll take that bet swiss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 300 ✭✭Guinnessman

swiss ill put 25 on koopa

Christ how many bets am I gonna have here :)

Listen guys I'm not gonna go to an outrageous sum of money over this, I'm just enjoying the buildup and I seriously think that *Nemesis* has a good chance of winning this.
    Lets stop the madness before it all becomes bitter and someone loses an eye...
    Exactly. I don't mind €50, but I think €2000 is rather steep for a few games of 1v1 quake. As for furthur bets, I'll consider it, certainly. DeV if you want the €25 bet I'll take it, I'd like the idea of getting the money from an admin :)

Guinnessman you're stretching my wallet a bit at this stage. This isn't a betting forum, and I don't want to see one on boards. I'm cutting off all other bets (feck off ye vultures :p) and I'll leave it with podgeen and SheroN (and DeV for the heck of it - assuming he doesn't mind).
    Koopa is frankly worldclass....
    That's what we're going to find out, aren't we. I think that's what this entire thread is about.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

Originally posted by swiss

That's what we're going to find out, aren't we.

Whatcha mean WE? WE already know. YE are about to find out tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭ThrAx

Koopa is world class this fucker nemesis is, well, waterford-class (lol) koopa has beaten Sujoy along with many other players.

Who gives a fuck whether he dodges or not because he doesn't need to dodge, nemesis will die before he ever gets a chance to shoot him. Thats one of the reasons koopas demos are misleading. Koopa is so gonna win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Koopa

nah actually ive never beaten sujoy, probably in some small way due to the fact that ive never actually played him, except this one time at band camp when i was on 200 ping (in 1998) and lost to him by 3 kills on dm4 (he was 40 ping), and it was quake1 not quake3

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭Vincent

sujoy couldnt hit a cows arse with a banjo

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I'll take that bet. Whoohoo free money.

Koopa if you lose (on purpose, its the only way you'd lose) I'll kill you.

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,553 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

On a bit of a tangent here...

Whateve happened to Sujoy? I remember he was all spin and magazine articles but never really did spectacularly well in anything. He also dubbed himself "thunder fingers" for some godforesaken reason.

Is he now the Anna Kournikova of Quake?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Wan blokey.........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Samurai

GO NEM

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Woow, I'm heading down to Waterford to see this.

..Now where's Doc Brown when I need him.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭carl_

can i come?

heh, i said "can"

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Nemesis

ooops..
    Whats the award for dragging up old posts.:).
    Who won anyway.!

Nemesis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭huge

im class with the railgun

Someone who went by the name of Quozl did igi me twenty five to three but I am not very good so I do not know.

For a fiver and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Sorry for dragging up 6 year old thread but came across it by accident and read through all 8 pages as it was making some interesting reading except of course for the final page. Its like reading a book except the last page is missing so can anyone fill me in or remember what happened that faithful night in Waterford? I was around boards at the time of this thread and remember reading it before and feeling the same dissapointment i do now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭carl_

Koopa hammered *NemesiS* on both maps (was a best of 3). Scores were of the 30-0 variety. This was expected from everybody who had a clue.

*NemesiS* was played from the very beginning he posted.

Man, that was over 5 years ago! Good times.. :)

Advertisement