Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best game you ever played?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,566 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Thief 2.
    Absolutely brilliant. It had tension, humour (some of the conversations you stumbled into :) ), it was challenging without being unfair, You had a lot of freedom in the manner in which you completed the missons, it used sound incredibly well and if you were clever you listened, the combat system was good - it wasnt a case of stat maxing but actually learning how to nip in and out with the sword, the graphics werent top notch but they worked and they were used to create a very atmospheric world.
    I hear Thief 3 is in development. Heres hoping.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,979 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Super Metroid on the Snes, Brilliant game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Praetorian

Starcraft.

Amazing story, inventive loveable characters, marvellous sound effects, good music, perfectly balanced gameplay and a little vehicle known as a siege tank :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭phobos

On the subject of favourite games, and the memories, consider how they have moulded your character as you've gotten older. I don't think I would be the same person I am today if it wasn't for all those hours playing computer games (and I don't mean because I'm a fat ba$tard ;) ). Take for example I was in Heathrow airport recently getting a transfer flight to Cairo. When myself and some mates jumped on the underground from Terminal 1 to 4, I had this sudden urge to say

"Welcome to the black mesa transit system, travelling inbound to Heathrow terminal 4" ;)

I'd swear there were other people on that tube that knew where the quote was coming from. Consider that, and it will come more apparent how computer games have/are change(ing) the world we live in.

It's a social experience, (christ how the older generation didn't see that one coming). I remember my parents telling me to go out and play football. I know they're glad I didn't listen to them, when they see me today.

;-phobos-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭pauldeehan

Goldeneye on N64. Best multiplayer ever and superb one player. This is the game in which I rule supreme.

Half-Life on the PC. Absolutely brilliant when you were going up against the military. Surface Tension was the best level.

Metal Gear Solid on PSX. Greatest storyline ever, totally engrossing. I played this fanatically, once completed it three time in one day (yeah, I'm proud).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Not sure what my favourite game is, a toss up between Duke Nukem 3D and Micromachines probably.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Final Fantasy X is the new champ woooo
    sorry ff7 but your great grandson is the new king

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,695 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

PC
    - HalfLife
    - Civilisation

Amiga
    - Speedball

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

Super Mario Cart - Snes
    Phantasy Star Online - Dreamcast
    I.S.S. - Ps1
    Goldeneye - N64
    FFvii - ps1
    Zelda Ocarina of time - N64
    Shenmue - Dreamcast
    M.s.r - Dreamcast
    Medal of honour allied assault - pc

best game i have ever player has to be...................................
    Pro Evolution Soccer on the Ps2.

Advertisement