Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Attack of The Clones discuss?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

THESE ARE MY

EP1
    palpatine forces the trade fed into hostile action, and becomes chancelloer in process, he now has his own personal army ordered (clone warriors)

EP2
    palpatine has the trade fed allign with sepratists (which he encouraged to leave), and has them build an army
    he gets the jedi to investigate the trade fed planet and thus force the jedi to protect the republic and force the senate/jedi to acept the clone army due to the emergency of the situation

EP3
    due to palpatine controlling both sides he uses this war to destroy the jedi and the trade federation, leaving him with absolute power and a huge fu<k off army

dun dun di dun, dun di dun, dun di dun.....

a good film

a class plot, had me thinking all they way through the film

but have the juedi ever heard of Sun tzu, a bit too evian for me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

Originally posted by Practical
    I had a number of problems with the film , everything below is my opinion so dont flare me with quotes :]

1. I found the acting rubbish

2. The quotes etc were so corny "I dont like sand , its rough and gets everywhere , not like you , your soft"

3. Till this day I dont inderstand why was picked to play Obi Wan Ken Obi , I find him too dull and he doesn't suit the character

4. Once again we seen very little action from the Bounty Hunter

5. I love Yodas fight scene but I felt it could of been longer , I hope in the next episode we will see more saber skills from him

6. I found the Love Scenes very boring

I know this film is for everyone but I just want to see if anyone agrees

I'll just flare you with one big one so :)

Acting wasn't fantasic but it wasn't even close to the worst I've seen.

Quotes... its an action/something/something film what do you expect Shakespeare

Mcgregor is the perfect Jedi, relax not emmotional, trusting in the force :)

The Fett family have had a lot to do with the sw saga but there really only there to push on the story, although I'd like to see the development of Boda odds are his a bitter little ****er now.

Aye loved to have seen more of yoda's lightsabre skills... hopefully next movie, possible the most enjoyable part of this movie along with the massive fight in the arena.

Love scenes, small part of the film really. There love should be a major part of the next one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭jonno

I had a number of problems with the film , everything below is my opinion so dont flare me with quotes :]

1. I found the acting rubbish

2. The quotes etc were so corny "I dont like sand , its rough and gets everywhere , not like you , your soft"

3. Till this day I dont inderstand why was picked to play Obi Wan Ken Obi , I find him too dull and he doesn't suit the character

4. Once again we seen very little action from the Bounty Hunter

5. I love Yodas fight scene but I felt it could of been longer , I hope in the next episode we will see more saber skills from him

6. I found the Love Scenes very boring

I know this film is for everyone but I just want to see if anyone agrees

1. The acting was very good except for Hayden Christenson - he was below average. I didn't have any complaints about the others though.

2. As i said earlier the love scenes between Anakin and Padme were very poorly scripted(perhaps new territory for Lucas)

3. I thought MacGregor was excellent in the role,which was new for him also.

4. The bounty hunter played his part in the plot. THere was not much need for him after that. There was no need for more action from him in the film.

5. Agreed. Yoda kicked ass big time. We might see more skills from him. But what we got was sufficient to get to know our little green friend kicked ass.

6. As i said they were poorly scripted but they were a very important part of the story. I didn't think they were boring, I thought they were a refreshing break from the other storylines. (Maybe it's just me)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

All i can say is:

YODA HAS A LIGHTSABER!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭daveJAM

But isnt the emperor a Sith? And Palpatine doesnt have those mad Sith eyes. Or does he? I didnt pay too much attention.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭jonno

Originally posted by Davjm
    But isnt the emperor a Sith? And Palpatine doesnt have those mad Sith eyes. Or does he? I didnt pay too much attention.

Since when do Siths have "mad eyes"? Sidious has them because he's so old.
    Dooku doesn't have the "mad eyes" and he's a sith aprentice.

Palpatine is Darth Sidious, it's the only way it makes sense. We'll find out in ep. 3 anyway.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

One point to think about...

Two of you have suggested that the major factor that turns Anakin to the dark side is the death of Padme Amidala.

However, thinking about this I'm not so sure.
    Didn't Obi Wan tell Luke in episode six that he had to hide the children from Anakin ?
    Therefore, he must have turned to the dark side before the children were born.
    Hence, Padme was still alive when he turned.

Am I right or am I missing something ?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

Originally posted by prenton
    very infomative, you can find the rest the characters from the first line. No mention of Count Dooku though :confused:

http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/countdooku/index.html

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Practical

Aye ,
    I have to agree with most of the comments there.

Oh just one quiestion : I heard from my mates there is gonna be 3 more episodes of Star Wars in the future [ 7 , 8 , 9 ]
    Is this true ?

Darth Maul had red and yellow rings in his eyes and so does Darth Sidious in the original trilogy. But Palpatine doesnt. I agree that it makes sense for Palpatine to be the emperor though.

• Advertisement

Aye ,
    I have to agree with most of the comments there.

Oh just one quiestion : I heard from my mates there is gonna be 3 more episodes of Star Wars in the future [ 7 , 8 , 9 ]
    Is this true ?

Aye Lucas was the scripts to 9 movies, if there going to make the final trilogy hopefully it won't take 25 years :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Taking going to the movies just for the overall experience it was enjoyable enough.
    But trying to analyse the movie I'd have to say it was pretty disappointing.

Plus -
    Great Visuals and sountrack.
    They've done a good job of making Ewan get into Alec Guinness' character style.
    You can see the frustration and anger in Anakin building bit by bit.
    The basic plot is sound, and provides a strong base for the next trilogy.

Minus -
    Wee Awful Annakin acting.
    Plodding love interest.
    Incredibly bad script. Sloppy dialogue and a lot of repetition. For me this is what ruined the whole movie.
    Lazy character links - each new Jedi seems to have trained the last. Yoda -> Duku -> Qui Gon -> Obi Wan -> Anakin. It's so inbred the Jedi must have come from Alabama.

And that the hell is with everyones wierd obsession with the Fett's (probably MTVs new live in series). Boba had a minor role in the later series. Get over it :).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

The Fetts were great :) Lucas isn't even sure how they became such a cult fave. It's partly the reason he added Jango into Episode 2 (though he admitted he may have done so otherwise).

Not sure how they'll work this into Episode 3, but apparantly another old character is coming back. Probably Chewbacca.

The story after Episode 6 is pretty interesting, read it up on the web. I've heard the Ep 7,8,9 rumour too, but not sure how true it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭prenton

Originally posted by GreenHell

... Palpatine is Darth Sidious who was a good Jedi...

GreenHell, how do you know this?
    How come so many good Jedis go to the dark site? The Jedi council should set up a recovery program like the AA to help them ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

The Sith dont have "Mad Eyes"

Darth Maul had them but that would be a racial thing... Vader did not have mad eyes when his mask was taken off... nor does anakin now in the new films... Palpatine does not have them but he im assuming is using the force to make him appear as just plain palpatine and not the sith lord...

Originally posted by prenton

GreenHell, how do you know this?
    How come so many good Jedis go to the dark site? The Jedi council should set up a recovery program like the AA to help them ;)

Because strong in the force I am mmhmmm, not a lot if Jedi's can go to the dark side, since there can only be 2 in the sith the master and the apprentice, if there where any more they would be kicking the snot out of each other .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 875 ✭✭✭EvilGeorge

How come senator palpatines skin hasn't started decaying yet ?

From what I remember the Dark side of the force corrupts the body which is why darth vadar had to were the suit - he was falling to bits - the emperor in 4,5 and 6 was actually a clone of the original.

Palpantine doesn't use the clone he makes until after the orginal trilogy, when the empire is getting the crap hammered out of it.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

I could be wrong, but apparently the reason Vader wears the mask etc is because in Episode3
    Anakin fights Obi-wan on the edge of a volcano, Obi-wan throws him into it, and then returns as Vader with mask etc to sustain him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Kalina

The love story was a little bit tedious, but it is neccesary to be true to Episodes 4-6.
    Anakins acting was plain terrible but he's a fox so it makes it bearable :p
    The storyline was a lot better than The Phantom Menace and thankfully there was less of Jar Jar Binks!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭Bluehair

Overall I really enjoyed the film but unless we're missing something obvious we still don't know exactly who Anakins father is..

After some discussion the theory we've come up with is Count Dooku... two reasons.... first the whole "Dark Side Dad cutting off the sons arm' business seems to reflect the Vader/Luke scene plus the look on Dookus face as he injured Anakin.

Of course it cud be Palatine....

Any thoughts on this folks??

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

I considered Dooku a possibility, but that would just be far far too lame. It would be like Empire Strikes Back/ROTJ all over again.

I'm really hoping they won't do anything like that. It seems too cheesy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

According to Anakin's mother in TPM he had no father and simply spontaneously conceived. A likely story...

Yeah, he has no father. Its part of the prophecy. Anakin is supposedly the one who will bring balance to the force or order to the galaxy or something like that.

If you woke up after a night on the tare, pregant and a slave to some alien on wings, won't you want to forget who the father was :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭BJJ

The phantom menace, Darth Maul is a bad @ss & would kick Vader's geriatric @ss any day!

Also the Pod race was cool, and the end fight with Qui-gon and Darth Maul.

Aslo I liked the cool space ships, ( like Formula 1 cars ) , planets and droids much better than storm troopers and the crummy death star.

Attack of the clones: No good jokes like the original Star Wars, Wee Anakin can not act, I laughed out loud at Yoda he was like a cross between an Ewok and Kermit the frog on Xtc. the story and scrpit were dire.

Darth Maul would kick their @ss

Sure he can dance, but can he sing!

Darth Vader would have owned Maul.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Spiffing

Vader would have 0wn3d Maul, main reason being Vader would have to fight a corpse ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭BJJ

Vader couldn't even handle Jabba, Luke Chewie or Bobba Fett. They mocked Vaders dumb @ss.

Admit it Maul was badder and better than geriatric vader.

Peter Cushing and Chris Lee would have owned them all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭CodeMonkey

Originally posted by GreenHell
    Because strong in the force I am mmhmmm, not a lot if Jedi's can go to the dark side, since there can only be 2 in the sith the master and the apprentice, if there where any more they would be kicking the snot out of each other .
    I am not a big fan of star wars so my knowledge of the mythology is not very deep but what you're saying does not make sense. Are you saying there can only be 2 sith existing simultaneously? There can't be another sith somewhere with another apprentice? Why would they fight internally? Siths as they appear on the film are not really evil, they just have no problems using the powers for personal gain, it doesn't make them psychos with no rationale. Just who makes up these silly rules, Lucas? And what if there is another sith master somewhere who has say, 2 apprentice, would the universe explode because the disturbance in the force becomes an unstable wave function that oscolates out of control?

Also, if Palpantine was a Jedi then yoda and the jedi counsul would know about as all jedi has to do that trial before they become a jedi. There's no mention ever in any of the films that the emperor was trained by Yoda or whoever...surely they'd mention that. Star Wars is kinda stupid if you ask me.

Advertisement