Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

David Plaine's Stupid PR Stunt

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Kix

Originally posted by Thorbar
    I'm only impressed by stunts where there's a more then 75% chance I'll get brains splattered on my shoes.

That's a stunting cupid thing to say...

K

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Thorbar

Originally posted by Kix

That's a stunting cupid thing to say...

K

I'm guessing stunting cupid is some lewd pun? Well sorry if its a bit hard for you to see but i was taking the piss out of the people who were saying "WTF handles what a wimp".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Lei Xiejiang

David Plaine is mundane,
    Blaine is really boring
    Originally posted by Lei Xiejiang

And standing there for 36 hours... what's the big deal? He must have been board out of his tits, but apart from that it's not exactly 'magic'.

Exactly didn't some one on the Big brother or Treasure Island already do that great MAGICAL trick?

Saw it.

And do you know what i think?

" What a heap of phuckin shiit! "

I have seen much better stuff on the streets of Canton, Harbin, Beijing, Shanghai... not this "Blaine-Mundane" shiit!

I see next he's going to escape handcuffed from the deadly FREEZING waters of the Thames in London.

Oh No please not that!

I had a swim down in Kerry and it's NOT cold, try the yellow sea or the sea of Japan during snowy winter time now that is COLD.

Blaine , is Mundane, phuckin shiit!

:mad:

Blaine is rubbish

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Originally posted by Thorbar

I'm guessing stunting cupid is some lewd pun?

I think its rhyming slang, ableit not very funny.

Its amazing how many boards folk don`t know when someone is messing

Don`t worry Thorbar most(not kix) of us knew u were joking.

He just swapped the pid and unt.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Once I see him eat his own head, I'm convinced.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Last I heard he wasn't doing magic to stay up on that platform, it wasactually JUST A STUNT. Some of you guys are like "ooh whats so magic about that" YOU FÚCKING DO IT. David blaine is a great magician and stuntman. Ask yourself, when is the last time you stood still for nearly two days, and if you feel asleep you could've died, but your all mad bastards here, i bet you do it all the time.

Personally I don't see it as that great an achievement of man kind that this lad stood on a pole for 35 hours. I'm not saying its easy or I'd be able to do it, just why should deserve our respect? All he did was put he's own life at risk for personal profit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

i think the guy is pure class. his street stuff is very good. like the time he turned the coffee into money or when he decapitated the chicken

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Lei Xiejiang

Originally posted by Giblet
    Last I heard he wasn't doing magic to stay up on that platform, it was actually just a stunt . Some of you guys are like "ooh whats so magic about that" ...... David blaine is a great magician and stuntman. ....here, i bet you do it all the time.

Well they do in China.

Ok, I think I may invite some of my friends from China to put on a better Magic or Stunt show just for you Giblet.

Or better still go to China, I'll give you their phone numbers and you can watch a much better show in the Streets of Canton or Hong Kong...

I have seen much better stuff on the streets of Harbin, Beijing, Shanghai... not this "Blaine-Mundane" shiit!

The only thing that makes Blaine look good is Television

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Shad0r

erm, reading alot of the replies to this thread I feel I should point something out:

Theres no such thing as magic. Its all just illusions and the like.

Also tbh I think just standing in roughly the same spot for 35 hours is a bit of an achievment.

Just getting up onto that pole is a bit of an achievement.

Doing both for media attention is abit crazy/dumb but undeniably effective and also probably going to make him a fortune so therefore clever, in a way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Clintons Cat

Originally posted by Lump
    It was supposed to be a trick, I dont see anything majic about standing on a pole for 35 fúckin hours, do you?

John

that was probally the trick john,
    as david blane runs off counting the money

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

chickens heads can actually bend back into their main body of feathers quite easily.. its an extremely simple yet effective trick.

Pigeon heads can go under the wing too so they can do it. I remember at my cousin's farm, we were out shooting and one of the lads winged a pigeon. It was only half dead so my cousin tried to break its neck. Twisted it around about 4 or 5 times before it stopped flapping.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭DeadBankClerk

Originally posted by Giblet
    Last I heard he wasn't doing magic to stay up on that platform, it wasactually JUST A STUNT. Some of you guys are like "ooh whats so magic about that" YOU FÚCKING DO IT.

He had handle bars.
    Bet he still has stablisers on his bike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Kalina

Well, he has guts to stand up there for 35 hours, whether or not he was holding onto something. I wouldn't fancy standing still for 35 hours, no matter where I was!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

how many people here could stand in the same spot on the ground for 35 hours? very few i think. how many here could stand on an 80 foot pole for 35 hours? no one!!!!

Bet I could :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

He didn't eat anything for 4 days too! I know some of you fat nerdy types couldn't do that:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Alright standing on the pole for 35 hours was a decent achievement stamina-wise but how did he do that punch-thru-the-glass-and-grab-a-watch trick that was on SkyOne just now?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 410 ✭✭francie brady

Did anyone see him pulling out his own beating heart from his chest and then collapse to the ground. I didn't see it but i saw the picture in a apaer. How did he do that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭TetsuoHashimoto

" He didn't eat anything for 4 days" since when does 35 hours equal 4 days? And so What? Do you know that Jenifer Hardbury didn't eat anything for 40 days when protesting outside the White House, for a much better reason.
    The "beating heart" is easy, can be done by normal slight of hand tricks. I worked in a meat factory and seen many organs, the heart is an independant organ that will continue to beat for a very long time after seperated form the body.
    He used a simple quick hand eye trick, and I'd also agree that there's better stuff on the streets of Hong Kong.

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Terminator

Originally posted by PiE
    Alright standing on the pole for 35 hours was a decent achievement stamina-wise but how did he do that punch-thru-the-glass-and-grab-a-watch trick that was on SkyOne just now?

Good lighting / cgi? Seriously, don't trust anything you see on tv.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

I don't see what everyone's complaining about.... it's not supposed to be some sort of magical spectacular thing he was doing, it was a feat of endurance, and it made for a reasonably interesting hour of TV (compared to the alternatives that were on).

Oh and the handles, afaik they were extended at the end so he could hold them and move around a bit to get the blood circulating in his legs for the final jump, I don't think he had them until near the end.

I see people are saying "Oh I could do that it's not that big a deal", and maybe you could, but would you go up on a pole the width of a dustbin lid 10 storeys up and stand there for 35 hours? Maybe you could do it but you'd want to be damn sure beforehand, it's a long way down. He trained for a year to do this stunt according to the program tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

Maybe they could tie you up in some sort of glass box so that you were free to swivel and then you had to knock over a certain number of targets with your willy in a set time or the glass box filled with poisonous gas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭Headcase

Thought it was pretty impressive, I know I couldn't stand in the one spot for 35 hours, Christ I couldn't do for 35 mins.

I've seen some of his street stuff, like pushing a cigarette through a coin(dumby coin of course), but it was still entertaining, fake or not. It was peoples reaction that was enteraining, not the actual trick.

And as for the people giving out about him,
    Who says you have to watch it!

• Site Banned Posts: 334 ✭✭scuzzy

I've been trying to so this stunt ever since I heard about it about a month ago. So far I'm up to about 2 3/4 hours.
    After that the boredom and the pain and the dehydration just gets the better of me. I say fair ****s to the lad...

Advertisement