Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Channels On EPG

Options
  • 22-04-2002 12:50pm
    Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,031 Mod ✭✭✭✭

RTE 1, NET2 TV3, and TG4 all appear on the EPG as and from around midday today. There is no information on then except programmes start from Tuesday. In the channel listings there is programme information on all the channels from Tuesday on.

So I take it that there will be no further testing carried out today
    All three radio stations are also on the EPG on 914 915 916.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭telecinesk

Hi,
    I can confirm epg alright> Pity the satellite rte decided to go on dosent cover eastern europe and austria.... I was looking foward to 2FM>> oh well I mustnt complain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭seano

congrats first prize is for you

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭Keeks

What channels r they showing up on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

A victory for ICDG forum!

RTE1 101
    N2 102
    TV3 103
    TG4 104

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭jez

Lads,

One thing confuses me . Why do the national broadcasters of Ireland and Britain, RTE and BBC decide to broadcast on satellite when they then block the signal beyond the boundaries of their respective countries. The cost in linking up with Sky must be significant and particularly in RTE'S case the likelihood of more channels in the short term must be unlikely.It is unlikely that RTE or BBC decided to go on Sky just to satisfy the minute % of viewers that can't receive their signal adequately. The famous
    08 message "this programme is not available" means it was a waste of time in those channels even being on satellite.
    What do you all think?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Congrats squire.... so the big lift off from 12 noon as the channels info appears :D

Originally posted by jez
    Lads,

One thing confuses me . Why do the national broadcasters of Ireland and Britain, RTE and BBC decide to broadcast on satellite when they then block the signal beyond the boundaries of their respective countries. The cost in linking up with Sky must be significant and particularly in RTE'S case the likelihood of more channels in the short term must be unlikely.It is unlikely that RTE or BBC decided to go on Sky just to satisfy the minute % of viewers that can't receive their signal adequately. The famous
    08 message "this programme is not available" means it was a waste of time in those channels even being on satellite.
    What do you all think?

Does anyone care if someone in London can get TG4? I dont!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭osullima

In work at the moment! Anyone got a screen capture they can post? Also are the channels under the Entertainment banner in the TV Guide?

Well done RTE/TV3!!

They'd be top of the tree :)

Damo. (Cant see either!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭Charles Slane

Yeah screen shots would be gthe biz (til I get home).

Looking forward to seeing Irish TV on satellite (not before time).

We can all send congrats e-mails to Tom tomorrow. Let's face it, he gave us good info, and got the job done on time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭CHRISTYG

Lads, I have to report that not only has TG4 (which was the only TV station which was to be available, thanks to that group in Zurich or wherever!) gone off my Digibox here in Northern Ireland, but ALL the radio stations as well. Is this just standard practice, or is my suspicious mind picking up other signals? (And I don't mean radio or TV signals!!!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

one word: 'golly'!

Originally posted by CHRISTYG
    Lads, I have to report that not only has TG4 (which was the only TV station which was to be available, thanks to that group in Zurich or wherever!) gone off my Digibox here in Northern Ireland, but ALL the radio stations as well. Is this just standard practice, or is my suspicious mind picking up other signals? (And I don't mean radio or TV signals!!!!)

I wouldn't get too worried just yet.

Have you checked to see if the radio stations have appeared on your EPG, and if so, have a look through it to see if TG4 has appeared anywhere on it too.

By the way, forgot to mention it last post, well-spotted Sky Digi Kid !!

Originally posted by Charles Slane
    We can all send congrats e-mails to Tom tomorrow. Let's face it, he gave us good info, and got the job done on time.

I heartily endorse this event or product.

CHRISTYG: Its not "offically" on until tomorrow, as the EPG only launches at noon, so dont give up hope, just yet.

Hopefully Brendan will come up with screen shots before ye all head home:)
    In the meantime...
    Close eyes ,picture the ordinary search and scan channel banner...
    with RTE One in there(without the Fadá)....
    And programmes begin on Tuesday underneath that.
    It looks good:)
    Ye could invite Mr McCarthy to the Boards.ie drinkies:D :p:)
    mm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭bkehoe

OK, here you go. :D

This one is what it shows for today.

And midday tomorrow. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭osullima

Cheers for the pics Brendan. I'm starting to feel all moist and funny :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Jag on TV3 at 12 until 12.30...anyone hoping to watch this will miss the first half...ah well, it's crap anyway :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Funky Phantom

Hmmmm......

Nice little gap there in the EPG, channel 105......... UTV methinks??

Nearly there!!

;)

Nice! Cheers Brendan!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

good 'un brendan.

RTE1 is now available, with full EPG data of all programmes to come today/tonight.

So will RTE Radio1 not be with the other RTE channels ?

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭ifconfig

That is what the RTE radio website seems to suggest. Did I recall someone suggesting that
    the original channel (892) was transmitted in
    mono rather than stereo whereas the tests
    had it in glorious stereophonic format?
    I couldn't tell this as it is usually only
    more obvious when bright music is played.

any ideas?

--e

Now that is daft... it would've made complete sense to put it beside the other channels.

Although maybe they like the idea of being scattered around the EPG so people might "stumble" across them.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I think the radio channels are badly in need of a reshuffle.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Ray Woodward

Originally posted by eirin
    That is what the RTE radio website seems to suggest. Did I recall someone suggesting that
    the original channel (892) was transmitted in
    mono rather than stereo whereas the tests
    had it in glorious stereophonic format?
    I couldn't tell this as it is usually only
    more obvious when bright music is played.

any ideas?

--e

Radio One will remain on EPG channel 892, the label will simply be re-assigned to point your set top box to the stereo 2D release from RTE rather than the mono WRN release.

Of course this will mean that those outside the UK/RoI currently subscribing to Sky Digital (outside the 2D footprint) will quite suddenly loose radio One - when the change takes place.

But then they SHOULD be using the 13 east WRN mono release anyway ...

Advertisement