Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

my scooter is not a hairdryer

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

i am not a wreckless driver and i havnt been subjected to any wreckless drivers of scooters so i wouldnt kno .i have a brain and also my road sense became more knowledgable of the road when a driver of a car didnt see it fit to stop at a yield right of way sign and almost knocked me off my scooter . there are many wreckless drivers and i tink if i didnt break so soon , i would have seen a worse end of things than him . i think its only safe to say that all classes of vehicles and drivers are subjected to wrecklesss drivers in one sense or another !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭king of fifa

So some scooter drivers are wahs;get over it, they still aren't car drivers.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,497 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

I do take issue with some scooter/moped riders who get in my way, and block my progress moving forward, i.e. those who don't know the rudimentary rules of etiquette:

I'f it's bigger and travelling faster, let it pass.

Same rules apply to cars, motorcycles etc.. When pulled up at a set of traffic lights, I will always leave a gap large enough for anyone to move in front of me, if they feel they are going to travel quicker.. But there's always some fe**er who'll move in front of you, and then slow you down to their speed..

These are the ones who should be taken out and shot...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Well said krusty!

well said there krusty , sure i spend most of my life in the hard shoulder !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭king of fifa

krusty i have to say you speak the truth.been there done that too.i have to say i am glad we narrowed down the "shoot on sight" group down because it is unfair to label scooter drivers with the same brush.they seem grand in cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Kazujo

the funniset are te guys who think they can go faster by puttin their chin on the sppedo, and their elbows in teh air.

I used to drive a katana R and it could lift most other mopeds out of it even with a passenger, and that had no mods at all.

But I much prefer my Bandit it's restricted so the insurance is cheap but it's by no means slow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭wee man

Even though I dont drive a scooter its not fair to call them hairdryers. The scooter engine is the same as any other 2-stroke engine all thats different is it has no gears

- the nsr-50 the same 2-stroke engine with gears, the ns-1, aprilia rs 125, yz250 and the yz400 all 2-stroke engines make the same noise just the bigger they are the louder the whine out of them.

nice one weeman , thank you , my scooter loves you !

• Registered Users Posts: 19,497 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Hey Kazujo,

Restricting your bandit should have no effect on your insurance price whatsoever.. The insurance comapanies allegedly charge you the price of the full-powered bike (un-restricted), as they reckon that most people will un-restrict the bike at the first opportunity anyway..

Sadly, this does not mean that your bike will be covered by insurance in an accident, if you have removed your restrictor kit..

The irony of it all...

• Advertisement

i am trying to get a trade in on me scooter , any idea how much i get for a almost two year old , honda x8rx ?

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Kazujo

I didn't get it put in, suzuki released a factory restricted bandit and gs500 whihc the insurance companies recognise so the bandit is down to category 5 and the gs 500 is category 6

Advertisement