Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cencus

Options
  • 11-04-2002 8:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭

*grin*

Anyone have any idea how many people it takes to have a religion recognised under state laws?

Cus jedi could get it if we all work hard!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

sounds familiar. I think that we should start a campaign, though, for a different religion.

suggestions people

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Crash

How bout boardsism? how many members are on boards? and how many would be willing to put it down?

and boardsism would then get state funding!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,523 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Too late for me, I wrote down "jedi". I'm not actually baptised as it is so I am what I feel, just like I am what I eat, so therefore - I feel what I eat and eat what I am. I feel the force so that is what I eat...
    ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

i think atheism is a recognised religion in ireland cause when the census people put atheism into the box marked religion....

daft as a brush....

but i'm not entirely sure about the facts

its fun when they ask you that question and yiu answer....
    "well that depends on the lunar cycle..."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭DrunkLeprachaun

Nope, not boardism. Ain't enough overage Boardellos. Besides, the Idea is pretty weak.

I propose Metalheadism? It's not great, feel free to mock it into oblivion, but it's the best I could come up with. Maybe Punkism?

• Advertisement

What about platoism?

Or cloudism? ;)

Or ban castor troyism.

add -ism to anything and thar ya go!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meh

http://www.snopes.com/religion/jedi.htm
    Claim: Marking 'Jedi' as your religion on census forms will force your government to grant it official status.

Sorry to spoil your fun...

The situation for hopeful Jedis in Australia is even more forbidding than it is in the U.K. Not only won't marking "Jedi" in the appropriate box gain official recognition for a non-existent religion, but the head of the Australian Bureau of Statistics census program, John Struik, has stated that anyone who falsely provides information on a census faces a $1,000 fine.

Couldnt that be classed as discrimination? i mean, if someone actually believes in a relgion they called jedi, and they fined them, thats discrimination on someone because of their religion.

Originally posted by foobar
    Couldnt that be classed as discrimination? i mean, if someone actually believes in a relgion they called jedi, and they fined them, thats discrimination on someone because of their religion.
    In that case, they wouldn't be fined, because they'd be telling the truth. The $1000 fine is just aimed at the pathetic Star Wars fanboys...

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

..........or those pathetic nerds who'd think it was funny to call themselves Tovaldsists or Linuxists (Typedef :p)

:)

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Meh
    In that case, they wouldn't be fined, because they'd be telling the truth. The $1000 fine is just aimed at the pathetic Star Wars fanboys...

Yeah, but then could the people who faked it just go "uh....yeah.......hail Luke!" and get away with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭the fnj

Just put down Jedi and nobody gets hurt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭sisob

i am a prowd member of the church of the visible cow :)

Originally posted by foobar
    Yeah, but then could the people who faked it just go "uh....yeah.......hail Luke!" and get away with it?
    Star Wars fans are easily distinguished from human beings by the rolls of fat, Boba Fett tshirts, and lightsabers. They also smell funky, and growl whenever you say "JarJar".

• Registered Users Posts: 35,523 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Originally posted by sisob
    i am a prowd member of the church of the visible cow :)

You're Hindu?! :cool:

Advertisement