Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price of the Gamecube in Ireland

Options
  • 19-03-2002 4:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 46

Does anyone have any idea at what price the new nintendo console is going to retail at in Ireland? It has been stated that it will be at 250 euro across Europe, but Irish retailers have a nasty habit of raising the price a little i.e. 60-70 euro. So anyone have any news on this

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭the_corpo

seeing as the irish stores use english distributors for everything bar sony hardware (dunno about xbox), i can easily see us getting them at the uk price with a vat mark up. they'll try it anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Er I'm pretty sure Ninty have an Irish distro for Cube. I'll try and find out.

All the big chain stores have their Cube pre-orders open, why not wander along and find out what prices they've got it at?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

An Irish company Gem has both XBox and Cube distro for Ireland dont they..

(I think Gem do XBox for UK too)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 ironfist77

Just checked gameword web site and ther charging €279.99
    /IEP218.39 .€30 more then the rest of europe :mad: . I suppose it could be worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 FireDragon

man we get milk on everything here
    i was hoping everything we cheaper:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Volvagia

well €280 is better then paying €480 for an x-box. Methinks im gonna get a game cube. anyone know what the release titles are?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Hopefully another Mario 3D and Mario Kart affair :)
    Haven't a clue though.

Remember people,
    Nintendo have always delivered good systems in the past (the nintendo control deck, 8-bit, the GameBoy, the super nintendo, the n64...yes a good system!) and they will continue to have good, reliable systems and games...how many other companies can you REALLY trust your gaming enjoyment with?

Fair enough, the other companies have good games, at least though with nintendo, you don't have to worry about quality titles...they have a good back catalogue of proven classics and they will continue to build upon that aspect, which has made the company so great.

I'm for the GameCube anyway, but I keep an open mind...hope the GC will do well though, should do!

I agree MoonHawk i can wait for the rouge squadron game and Metroid Prime! ( the fps where u play Samus!) aswell and the millions o other great titles that will follow! Long Live the gamecube!!! and has anyone seen the panasonic GC?? ****in l3370rs!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,574 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Rogue Leader isn't all that though - take away the Star Wars setting and the game itself is rather poo.

After seeing those in-visor screenies of Metroid Prime though... oh daddy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,979 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

€280, but the price has been risen everywhere.
    In England GameCubes were supposed to be £150,
    but retailers themselves put it up to around £170-£180,
    Due to lack of profits. And the same is reflected here.
    I'm definatly gonna get one.
    See the Resident evil Remake, man thats good stuff.
    And RE0 and RE4 are GC exclusives. Nice.

Hmm maybe i'll wait a while for the price to come down a little.

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭-oRnein9-

I think that Ps2 will do the best out of all as did Ps1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Rogue Leader isn't all that though - take away the Star Wars setting and the game itself is rather poo.

I like it a lot, personally. That said it didn't hold my attention long once Pikmin pitched up :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 leejon

Thanks for all the info, I checked amazon in the uk and they are giving preorders at 164 sterling.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00005YXRN/qid=1016583801/sr=1-2/ref=sr_1_2_2/026-4205258-2038066

I still think that rouge leader looks good! the graphics look fooking leet! but Metroid prime omg!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Ive heard that when they were selling the GC for $150 in UK that the shops were making a whopping 29p profit per console....... only hear say tho,cant trust it to be overly reliable.
    Still cheapest console on release (isnt it?) so im defo gettin one.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,010 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The retailers are just being cheap. i'm thinking of getting one with smash bros. Smash bros. was always a laugh on n64 with a few mates and some drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭DeadBankClerk

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭-oRnein9-

Originally posted by DeadBankClerk

Man get some councelling.

• Advertisement

Smash Bro's owned and the new one looks good but still Metroid prime!

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Digi_Tilmitt

Well i love sony and sega so i think u people should buy a dreamcast or a ps2 but if you buy a gamecube i would still be happy as long as you stay away from the black box of death!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,979 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Well whatever keeps YOU happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭Son of Blam

Originally posted by Digi_Tilmitt
    Well i love sony and sega so i think u people should buy a dreamcast or a ps2

Sega are developing games for the Gamecube. Isn't that "Monkey trapped in a marble"* game done by Sega?

-Son of Blam

*Not actual name of game

It's called 'Super Monkey Ball' very highly rated by most reviewers, not surprising as Sega do great games. Probably one I will purchase with the console on release day.

I went to a popular video 'Game' shop in Blanchardstown yesterday, on enquiring about the Gamecube I was told that could reserve on for €20.00 but they could not tell me at what price it would retail at!! What a load of bollox!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,574 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Funny story. I went to a popular 'game' shop in blanchardstown a few days ago and asked about the final price of the gamecube.

"Under €300" he said.

"And that's not even concrete."

Odd, they started off at £150 sterling, that was boosted to £165 and now going on what nekky said its gonna be £185 aprrox.

Gh3yn3ss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭the_corpo

hmmm

i should be in italy a few weeks after launch

maybe i should wait and buy it there 8)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭Xterminator

Jungle.com sent me a mail this morning offering the gamecube+extra controller plus 1 game for 199 sterling.
    Now thats not a bad price.

X

Advertisement