Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enterprise - Sky One

Options
  • 19-12-2001 1:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭

Just saw the end of an Enterprise ad on Sky1, when's it beening screened ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

feburary

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭Sesshoumaru

This series is excellent. I have watched the first 11 episodes and it will be worth the wait !!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

As far as Star Trek series go its alright. Thats not saying much though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Originally posted by kaids
    As far as Star Trek series go its alright. Thats not saying much though.
    who let this clown on the sci/fi board! :p ouu grrr n stuff... ;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭bkehoe

It starts on January 7th at 8PM with the 2 hr long Broken Bow.

Brendan

• Advertisement

Originally posted by azezil

who let this clown on the sci/fi board! :p ouu grrr n stuff... ;):D

Quiet you, damn trekkies ;)

Oh wait, I used to be one... nevermind :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭stereo_steve

i watched the first few episodes. I downloaded them off the internet. I didn't think that were to bad. I think that it starts off much better than voyager or deep space nine. Did anyone else think that they were pretty boring for the first seris or two? Also just wondering what seris was everyones favourite. Mine has to be without any doubt ds9.

For those of you with MIRC you should check out the star trek twivia. www.twivia.com

TNG was worth watching. DS9 had its moments but was shite otherwise. Voyager was just shite.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭stereo_steve

I thought ds9 was really good! Great story lines! Voyager was **** at the start. But thats what you get for putting a woman in charge! Do you know what I found out the other day? You can no longer call man holes, man holes! they are now called inspection chambers! Stupid feminists changing thins demanding women captains and inspection chambers!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

being of the female persuasion (allegedly) I take offence to you derogatory remarks!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

Just call them 'macho holes'and then at least we can admit that they're sexist. It's for the good of man... no wait, macho-kind!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭m1ke

the original series and the next gen we're always a good laff to watch. DS9 was ****ing muck except for a few good eps, 80% shyte. Voyager was even worse.

I've seen the first 11 episodes of Enterprise, I watched them all in a row .... and found it kind of interesting when you watch them all as a group you start understanding what the writers are trying to do with the characters and the plot etc... but as individual episodes in hindsight they're a let down. Watching 1 episode a week... people will think it's a crap series. And they'll be right.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

KAIDs **** OFF

Originally posted by Slydice
    KAIDs **** OFF

eh, what ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

KAIDs WARP OFF

im sure thats what he ment

• Registered Users Posts: 15,335 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

I've watched the first 11 too and cannot wait for jan 23rd (next air date)

I was one of the ppl disappointed by the series also, but someone (don't remember who) did point out that trek series usually don't get going to near the end of the first series and sometimes longer.

This is a case in point, after the first 2 hour show, i have to say the next 6 or seven are complete pants...however......

There is finally plot development, the show is going somewhere after that....keep the faith ppl, and don't be disappointed after the follow on's of broken bow..it does get much much better..

/spelling check

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

todays the day!!. even though ive seend a couple of the later episodes from the web, i can wait to see them in decent quality video.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 875 ✭✭✭EvilGeorge

Longfiled you scabby freak, buy a tv like everyone else!
    Speaking of tv what year will this be aired on terrestrial TV (had to give up my dish for a higher purpose :) ???

Originally posted by EvilGeorge
    aired on terrestrial TV

*keels over laughing*

ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahaahahahhaahahhahhahaahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahaahhahahaah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 shamrock

hopefully it will get a bit better.

Same a voyager and DS9 I suppose. The first 2 series were ok.. but voyager ended up being brilliant. DS9 had a brilliant ending.. but for some strange reason I hate watching DS9 eposides more than once :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

the 4th ep has just aired on sky.. that brings me up to where i saw it on real bad 80mb downloads... anyway i like it.. sure its a slow start but its interesting.. the lack of good technology is good, makes Voyager look like a ship of the Gods compared to Enterprise.. My fave though was TNG.. DS9 was excellent when Worf/Defiant came in to play mainly whith the whole Dominion war thing.. otherwise it was like a soap opera in space i think but i still enjoyed it mostly.. Voyager i really like but was uninspired until the Borg were in it... then it took off and the last season was brilliant!

BTW anyone ever see ORIGIAL startrek? not with Kirk, the one before.. the pilot! It was so bad i could not finish watching it.. Captain America was in charge and he was a stupid sexist with no idea what he was doing!

Startrek films though are usually better on average than the series! the last one Insurrection while not the best film at least was true to the TNG style and had a story!

You'll really love 5, I was amazed (to keep the suspense).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Inspector Gadget

Episode 12 is pretty good too - phaser cannons at last!!! :D

Episode 13 aired in the US during the week, but it's a bit of a sleeper.

Gadget

13 - Not really, I'd say its actually there to say "Phloxx isn't Nelix"

I really liked this one, reminded me of TOS kinda, really liked the prime directive implications.

12 - Yea, the cannons are cool, more so when they overclock them hehe :)

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

The whole DS9/Voyager debate is weird. I personally liked the first series of DS9, but then the rest of it sucked - just the same **** over and over. Voyager rocked after series 3, when they got rid of those Kazon guys, who sucked very very hard. Enterprise seems......interesting :)

Hmmm Maybe TNG DS9 and Voyager weren't meant to be the same,, possibly because one was on a starship in federation space doing starfleet stuff, one was on a space station doing the rebuild a planet / station / have a war thing and the last one was about a ship stranded at the arse end of space trying to get home to earth.

I thought they were all good but then i'm not a film/tv buff I just like sci-fi.

How can you ****ing compare?

13 - Not really, I'd say its actually there to say "Phloxx isn't Nelix"

I really liked this one, reminded me of TOS kinda, really liked the prime directive implications.

Yeah, I can see your point - a sort of "the guys wearing all the latex prosthetics aren't all portraying the same character, honest" - but isn't it curious that they're both obsessed with food and what everyone else is doing, as well as being amongst the first to get thrown into relationship-type stuff?
    12 - Yea, the cannons are cool, more so when they overclock them hehe :)

Thank [insert deity here] that my overclocking efforts aren't that explosive!!!

Gadget :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

oh they have a prime directive in Enterprise? or will it just come into existance down the road?

Originally posted by Saruman
    oh they have a prime directive in Enterprise? or will it just come into existance down the road?

Episode 13 suggests that it doesn't exist yet, but they're coming across situations which suggest that a document of that type wouldn't be a half-bad idea... :rolleyes:

Gadget :D

• Advertisement

From somewhere, i get the idea that it was probably just invented around / before Kirks time so I'd say it won't be invented by the end of the series, I might be wrong!!

Advertisement