Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what little things in life make you angry grrrrr

Options
  • 16-10-2001 11:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,324 ✭✭✭✭

My answer here is moving stairs!!!

What am i on about?

Have you ever been in a hurry or just being an active type like me who finds it hard to stand still without stimulation (ie fragging online..3 cheeseburgers in mcdonalds etc)

This drives me NUTS!!!

People immersed in their own pathetic world on a moving stairs..no matter how fupping slow its moving..they stand BESIDE their equally stupid friend and natter..or more often stare into space..i WANT TO GET PAST!!

If you travel around Europe it is common courtsy to stand to one side so that others can go past if they want too..but not here...

These same muppets commonly arrive to the top of the stairs and STAND FUPPING STILL while the backlog of others frantically try to swerve around them...the staris have stopped you freeks..now use your FUPPING LEGS!

What rattles your cage ?

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

yeah they always get in the way when ur tryna get the bus.
    speaking of buses
    i hate when people get a dublin bus that they dont need to get
    (eg: people getting the 65 which comes every 2 hrs when they could get the 77 which comes every 5 mins, leaving the 65 packed and making us people who are going home to stand while they sit and laugh as they make there short journey home, which usually means people from blessington cant get on and get home till the next 65 coz its too packed and the people who got the 77 JUST HAD TO WAIT 5 MINS FOR THE NEXT ONE!!!!)
    u dont have a clue what im talking about do you.

OH AND I HATE MCDONALDS TINY LITTLE BURGERS
    and microwavable food that dosesn't look like the picture on the box (eg: ALL MICROWAVABLE FOOD!!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

people who dont hear what was said...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭MiCr0

traffic in dublin
    especially when it take about 2.25 hrs to get in to work in the morning.
    and 40foot trucks driving on cork street - AHHHHHHFHAHSKFDAHKSFHBA

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭Mr.Applepie

*I really hate it! I can be a very patient person at time but not when it comes to having to wait in line for stuff! Makes me want to kill;) Also waiting for buses i.e. i get to buses home yesterday rather then wait 5/10mins for the first bus i walked 30/40 to the malahide road to get the 42. I would much rather walk home then wait for fecking dublin bus!

*Bimbo giggily women(u know the type im talking about) who cant say a sentence without saying the words "like oh my god" 7 times!!!

*The printing system in DCU

*The price of Alcohol

*Getting little electric shocks of metal stuff(cars etc.)

*Dublin Traffic

*When the tracking on the video goes!

*Noisy people in the cinema

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 35,523 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

What really gets my goat up is incorrect usage of umbrellas. Some people need an umbrella driving licence, they don't seem to understand that this cheap little "brolly" has numerous sharp shards of metal sticking out at head height. The amount of times I have had to put my hand in front of my eyes to stop my self from being disemeyeballed is freaky.

And one more thing on umbrelliquette, if you are walking under a hoarding pavement next to a building site or even walking under a long awning ... people with umbrellas please listen... You do NOT need your umbrella under cover. If you are in a confined space - put your frickin "brolly" down and stop acting the spa bumping into walls and people's retinas ite

I also hate the ol' "regulars only" line, that really stuffs me off!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭beaver

Cars apparently w/o indicators
    Crowded streets of shoppers
    Queues
    Banks
    People who don't shut up
    People who are too serious
    Bad mobile phone networks
    Slow/unreliable internet access
    Unprovoked and/or non-consensual violence
    Dead batteries
    Sticky notes that don't stick well
    Bad web design, especially navigation
    Bad beer

To mention a few...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

Theres a few things that really pish me off :mad:
      As it siad b4 the loud ppl in cinema fes :/ Peons on the road who dont indicate !! said peons who cant use a roundabout properly and again them peons who dont turn on lights on a dark morning :| its stupid and dangerous fes

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Whats annoys me at the moment is England(yes the country) and the Bastards at live here

John

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

When waiting to cross the road, you look left, see a car a bit off. Look right and see another car coming just that little bit fast for you to feel you'll survive said crossing. I feel like hating that person in the slow car. But I'm just to damn nice a guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

stupid fuppin drivers and their attitudes to us Cyclists.

What especially annoys me is the insane position they take on the road when in traffic- leaving no space between the curb and their car despite room on their outside
    and
    when their turning left w/out watching out for us 2 wheelers

disgraceful

[ok let me just prempt any flaming from motorists- I've heard it all before- Yes cyclists act like maniacs, weave in and out of traffic, run red lights, hop up on curbs frighten the sh¨ªt out of pedestrians, but it still doesn't mean you shouldn't keep the left channel of the road clear and not look out when turning left:)]

One day i will get my revenge HAHAHAHAH:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭goose

worst example of noisy people in the cinema,
    i went to see moulin rouge at the weekend (crap film!!!)

i really hate it when people cant be arsed to switch thier mobiles off, like the foreign girl sitting two seats down from me.

her phone went off twice, although she did have to volume switched to low, she ansered the damn thing!!??!

i mean what the fcuk :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

what is it w/ foreigners and mobile phones in the cinema-

on the c. 10 occassions I've been in a cinema when they've gone off its all been foreigners [I'm no xenophobe- they were all speaking foreign languages] Do they think there is some immunity afforded to them as distinct from indigineous cinemas attendees?????? Ok sometimes I can undeerstand ppl forgetting to switch off but these ppl just keep talkin away like there in McDonalds or sommitt

[mental note: stop complaining]

Uh Oh Got to go now- i'm suppossed to check this shít out

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

[forigner]
    Look at me, im not from here and i have a mobile fone im soo damn l337
    [/forigner]

no, not ur not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Yurmasyurda

Originally posted by WhiteWashMan
    people who dont hear what was said...

What? :p

What annoys me is people that hate other people without knowing them, ie. taxi drivers and also people that have no interest in anything... one of my friends is like this.

Yurma

• Registered Users Posts: 15,324 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Unngghh..add Tesco to my hate list..their motto appears to be "thou shalt not be seved quickly..get back in q you lowly shopper" backstards!!

Every evening i loyally go for my quart of cider to smooth over the days woes, i have a pizza or something similarly challenging to cook for dinner under my other arm..the q's in jervis street for the ordinary soylent green are bad enough, but when i q for my amber nectar i sometimes meet some slapper that is chatting up some other waster packing a shelf..she says alchomahall only..not like i have a basket full of green..just one item or sometimes two (get a hankering for garlic bread now and again)..and thus i am expected to re-q again for my green..dammit..i fuppin hate shopping

Sorry for the lack of punctuation..this nights quart is neary drank and goodfellas soylent is in the oven :)

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭stu_69

I fuucking hate Mobile phones. I know we live in a world where some people cannot live without them. I myself have 2 (1 for on call work and my personal phone) and I hate the bastrd things, annoying ring tones. It really annoys me when you are on the bus home bollixed after working all day and every god damn teenage dirtbag is waffling on to some about sh1te (like he said this and I was like oh my god). (this is what it's like in australia i can't remember how bad dublin is!!). And the cinema issue( howcome if someone's phone goes off they don't turn it off, so ten minutes later it rings again. Hello McFly????).
    Fat chicks p1ss me off aswel they always seem to have a good looking mate and when it's my turn to be wingman I have to spend the whole night fighting off jabba the slut while my mate cops off with anna kournicova!!!!

And queing that gets my goat.......

Sorry I'm in a really bad mood today.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Slow pople in shops and on footpaths. STAND TO ONE FLUCKING SIDE! I'm tring to walk somewhere and I walk at a kinda brisk pace (nothing mad). But slow people who stand beside one another and take up the whole path whilst talking and all that - it's really annyoing. I end up walking on the road/street more often than not. And the people who stop all of a sudden and you're practically on top of them and just avoid knocking them over (I know I would cause I'm a big guy with the power of momentum behind me). I now growl my dis-pleasure at people because if they're afraid, they're not going to do it again. Things like "Will you MOVE!" works wonders! A statement rather than a request.
    Senior citizens are completly exempt from this as I have nothing but respect for our seniors.

The afore mentioned brollies! I've had countless cuts on my face from these idiots. I lot the plot with some guy once in front of his kids which wasn't very clever, but there was blood dripping into my right eye and it was closing I got such a nasty cut. There wasn't a thing he could say or do in his defence and I'm sure his kids were wondering why the angry man was shouting at Daddy for 5 minutes.

Spanish students - call me a xenophobe, but these idiots take the biscuit! PLEASE SHUT UP TALKING YOUR GIBBERISH, YOU'RE WRECKING MY FUCKING HEAD AND ARE ABOUT TO CAUSE AN INTERNATIONAL INCIDENT!!!
    My kingdom for a tazer when I lived in Dublin and there's nowhere to sit cause these muppets have taken over the entire bus. If they just toned it down several decibels, all would be well and heads wouldn't be wired!

It feels good to get these things off your chest!

Back onto the subject of cinemas for a second.

I lived in Greece for some time and the movies that they show are mainly English subtitled films. On one occasion my mother was at a film in a cinema and there was a Greek lady and her Granny sitting in front of her.
    The Granny was blind apparently because all the way through the film her daughter spoke the subtitles to her.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Originally posted by Yurmasyurda

What? :p

in other words, people who dont listen properly and spout of before theyve thought about what youve said.
    what you said, may have had a very different meaning to what they took up.

oh, and lump, thats very informative.
    what exactly is it about england and english people you dont like.
    right about this time im getting sick of irish people and the way the whine about the english. get f*cking over it.

Originally posted by stu_69
    I fuucking hate Mobile phones.

Haaahaaaaa. What about when someone's phone is ringing one of these flippin wierd melodies like Ol' lang syne or however you spell it. And it's really biting, I mean grating your ears its so piercing. What does the person do?... answer it... ?? NO they stand there looking at the phone!!!!

Fair 'nuff folks, you want to see who is calling you but we want to hear who's speaking to us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Puck

Kharn, my God man I couldn't agree with you more! You took the words right off my keyboard! I walk at a fairly quick pace and I hate slow people who don't seem to have a clue what they're doing or where they are going! They should at least stand to one side. I lived in Dublin with this for 6 months (it happens everywhere but there's more people in Dublin so it's worse) and it turned me into a right mean git when I have to walk somewhere. I used to walk around with a permanent moody face and the people seeing me would usually step aside but the muppets in front of me were still the main problem. I always end up weaving in and out of these eejits when I walk.

A friend of mine has found something that will help with this. She wears a suit when she goes into the city. She says it makes people let her through. I haven't seen this but I believe her although it still wouldn't help with people in front i suppose, ah well she can't really put on a moody face she's too cute. I just started snapping at people after a while living in Dublin, they always end up just staring at me like a rabbit caught in headlights. I'm not a big guy but the slow idiots are too stunned by being snapped out of their little world to actually say or do anything back to me.

:mad:

And another thing: people that don't cover their mouth when they cough or sneeze. It's disgusting. When getting the bus to work in dublin there was always this one guy who would cough all the time. Big loud coughs with his mouth wide open. One time he sat behind me and I could actually feel it on the back of my neck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭Enygma

I hate people who talk really slowly and then never finish their sentences until your head's almost about to pop off.

I hate the general public. (Used to work in a shop you see).

I hate waiting for anything.

I hate Enya.

I hate the DJs on Cork 96FM especially that guy in the morning, come one, no one talks like that!

I used to hate when the teacher cleaned the blackboard and left out a tiny little chalkmark. Now I hate when people do on whiteboards.

I hate streaks or fingerprints on my monitor.

And I f*cking HATE girls that just never shut the F*CK UP!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

People who rush around, yell at ya to get outta the way when you're trying to have a nice leasurely stroll downtown. ;)

People who rush up escalators, it a fécking moving stairs u don't have to expend unneccessary energy, relax take it easy! :)

Nit pickers

People who don't listen, jump to conclusions before you're anywhere near makeing your point.

People with strong accents... i just can't understand u people! lol

Cinema related:
    1.People who answer their phones in the cinema n keep talking!
    2.Sluppers! u know who u are...
    3.ruslers with their damn pop corn n noisey sweet rappers! arggg!
    4.ppl with big heads who sit in front of ya.
    5.ppl who bring young kidz i.e. toddlers to the cinema n then instead of takeing them out when they cry (they always cry) try to calm them down for like 30mins n thus spoil the movie!

People telling me what to do... can't stand that, if ya want something done ask nice, ask my opinion DON'T BARK ORDERS!!! :mad:

Listening to drunken idiots when ur not drunk... its perfectly exceptable when ur drunk too! :D

Smokeing on buses / trains

Posts which take 5mins or more to read

Bullying : under this heading i'd include race related and general jeering/ assults.

Runny noises ... n general sickness

The kind of ppl who take u'r stuff without permission, i don't mean stealing, i mean like annoying room mates or little brothers!

OK I'm done......... for now :D

Originally posted by azezil

People telling me what to do... can't stand that, if ya want something done ask nice, ask my opinion DON'T BARK ORDERS!!! :mad:

Hey, stop barking orders at the people that bark orders, thats a double negative barkder statement, d'you not know the consequences of that kind of action....
    :confused:

Ermmm... and paper cuts, ye I hate them

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭stu_69

oh, and lump, thats very informative.
    what exactly is it about england and english people you dont like.
    right about this time im getting sick of irish people and the way the whine about the english. get f*cking over it.

Eamo I think you'll find it's you we don't like actually!!!

Another thing I hate is stoopid people, I know thats a very general statement but I can't stand muppets!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Yurmasyurda

in other words, people who dont listen properly and spout of before theyve thought about what youve said.
    what you said, may have had a very different meaning to what they took up.

Know what you mean, I've had my fair share of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Qs at banklinks..... and especially (i'm not trying or don't mean to be sexist) women at banklinks!! They take so fookin long! What's the story there. What more do you have to do at a banklink.... 4 digits, enter, select sum of cash, get with or without receipt/balance statement and you're gone. What's with all the 1 finger poking around at various buttons!!!? ANyone else get this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Kairo

People who scream into their mobile phones like the world is gonna end.

Speak normally people, they can still hear you without shouting. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

People who think post counts reflect on the poster as a person... (oh look, this is my 4,000th post!) are kinda annoying...

Oh, and as a barman (part-time), I know how to do my job, and I'm quite good at it too. That doesn't stop every Tom, Dick and arsehole of the general public TELLING ME HOW TO DO IT. Grr.

"I'd like a pint of guinness please, and make sure the head's not too big... and make sure you push the tap forward for the top-up... and make sure it's in a clean pint glass... and make sure to give it to me from that tap, not that tap... and make sure it's not warm... and... and... etc. etc. etc."

- ach... make sure to f**k off! I know my job!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭K!LL!@N

Romanian Gypsy women singing on the Dart. That's what really annoys me. They seem to travel along the Dart line all day hopping on and off Darts. They get on, greet everyone in the carriage with a "Good afternoon my ladies and gentlemen" and then they proceed to sing some terrible humming kind of song. It's really annoying. When they finish they proceed to thank everyone with "Thank you my ladies and gentlemen". Then they walk up and down the carriage shaking a fist full of money in your face, expecting you to give them something.

Come to think of it, those Romanian flower sellers, that wait outside pubs and clubs, really annoy me as well. They are trying to sell you these horrible flowers and getting up in people's faces. I've no problem with people trying to make a living. But why don't they just sell some of their gold teeth, practically all of them have a mouth full of gold teeth. Surely they could get a few quid for them.

Killian

Advertisement