Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€36b ... and nothing for Limerick?!?!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

mitchellstown is as bad as fermoy is that getting a bypass?

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭The Lopper

Limerick's major traffic problem at the moment is the lack of Shannon crossings. Anyone coming from Galway to Cork has to drive into the city to get over the Shannon. On match days the whole thing turns into chaos, as many people make the mistake of crossing the Shannon to park near Páirc na nGael or Thomond, and after the match spend hours trying to get back across. The amount of parking on the North side should be seriously reduced for future match days.

Also, the road designers like to make a balls of the roads. The N24 - Limerick Ring Road intersection is a sham, and whoever thought that putting traffic lights on the Childers Road at the New Dunnes should be court-martialled.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭gaf1983

The Lopper wrote:
    The amount of parking on the North side should be seriously reduced for future match days.

Some park and ride facilities at the city's edges would help solve that one

did someone say that there making the N24 into dual carriage way or am i wrong would suit me because when I go to limerick i always go on it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭mysterious

Mitchelstown is getting a relief road and is due to start very soon , what did i tell yeh?

What road has started in the Midwest ? Adare is just as bad as mitchelstown and Adare might not get a bypass till late 2008 even longer:eek:

the N8 dual carrigeway around mitcheltown is also to start soon after the Fermoy Motorway is built. Cork gets a Motorway standard road but Limerick dosnt , does anyone not think Limerick is losing out?

• Advertisement

Traffic is getting worse on the Childers road since those traffic light s were put in... You wonder if these road planners are road planners:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭invincibleirish

mysterious wrote:
    Mitchelstown is getting a relief road and is due to start very soon , what did i tell yeh?

What road has started in the Midwest ? Adare is just as bad as mitchelstown and Adare might not get a bypass till late 2008 even longer:eek:

the N8 dual carrigeway around mitcheltown is also to start soon after the Fermoy Motorway is built. Cork gets a Motorway standard road but Limerick dosnt , does anyone not think Limerick is losing out?

Mitchelstown: on main road between Cork and Dublin

Adare: on main road between Limerick city and north Kerry

which do you think is honestly more needed?

there is no point builidng a motorway just for the sake of it, by your logic drogheda and navan getting motorways means limerick is losing out, limerick isnt! you sound like someone from the wrc campaign, we "should" get this and that

besides the Ennis bypass(badly needed) has started, there you go a road project for the midwest has started.

there is no point builidng a motorway just for the sake of it, by your logic drogheda and navan getting motorways means limerick is losing out, limerick isnt! you sound like someone from the wrc campaign, we "should" get this and that

besides the Ennis bypass(badly needed) has started, there you go a road project for the midwest has started.
    ya but adare is a suburb of a city but i have to admit mitchelstown is a disgrace as is fermoy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

Adare is not a suburb of the city, at best its a dormatery village (and even thats a bit much, Patrickswell is deffo one though)... Raheen would be an example of a suburb

OK I'm going to agree to disagree with your facts :D

Let's rephrase this here,
    You’re absolutely right that Limerick needs a motorway (yet it is 'not getting motorway status)

I'll say it again in case there is an echo around you.

All I said was
    Limerick needs a Shannon Tunnel, which will hopefully start in spring of next year,
    The M7 to Nenagh which was mooted way back in 1998!!

As for the Ennis bypass is fantastic news considering it was put onhold for two years!

I never phased it the way you described nor have I exaggerated the comments in
    Such a way for you to come out with random stuff like the "you sound like someone from the wrc campaign, we "should" get this and that"

I believe Limerick is losing out and if you think otherwise that's fair enough.
    But I do think it’s getting a little too personal, so I'm just going to stick to the facts!

Before I answer your question on Adare,

That route is not just serving "North Kerry" and "Limerick city" Its one of the busiest tourists routes in the country if not the busiest, wake up and smell the grass!
    This route also feeds onto the N7 onwards to Dublin, which also carries a considerable amount of traffic too. This route is for most of Kerry stretching to Killarney and onto the N23

14,500 AADT pass through Adare. Tailbacks occur frequently even 5 miles in summer!

12,000 AADT pass through Mitcheltowns, but traffic can be worse because been a much bigger town to go through, but I'm not arguing which should go ahead, Mitcheltowns is getting a relief road soon, do you even read before you type?

The answer is they both need a bypass :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,335 ✭✭✭✭Victor

mysterious wrote:
    All I said was Limerick needs a Shannon Tunnel, which will hopefully start in spring of next year, The M7 to Nenagh which was mooted way back in 1998!!
    The Fermoy bypass has been planned since at least the 1980s, I saw the drainage model for the bridge in 1989 in UCC.

Advertisement