Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Left Bank

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

basquille wrote:

PS - Tar, myself and yourself must meet up for a drink somenight. We seem to hang around the same haunts!
    Heh, sure, but I'm in galway most of the year with uni.

Equinox and garavogue were much better names but don't get me started on the pub being on the right bank, grr.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Mr. Nice Guy

basquille wrote:
    Yeah.. was up in the Cafe Bar Eile section on Stephen's Night and New Year's Eve. Stephen's Night was mad mad busy alright.. you could be 45 minutes at the bar in there. Much easier to get served downstairs. Had to order 4 drinks at a time down there though! :D

The bar staff upstairs are particularly terrible as they would still persist in doing their Tom Cruise in Cocktail impression by throwing and whizzing the bottle of Smirnoff behind their back - act professional, for fecks sake!

i know exactly what you mean about the tom cruise ****....... its grand if the pub is relatively quiet but like they should stroke their ****ing egos when people aren't waiting to be served

• Closed Accounts Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Madge

I'm not too pushed to go back there again... my BF and I went there before xmas, and both our drinks had big CHUNKS of ash in the ice :mad: There was bits of it on the side of my glass. Went up to the bar and yer man said somebody may have been smoking cigars out the back where the ice machine thing is!
    We should have gotten free drinks cos of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭seabee

Has anyone got photos showing how it used to be - with the bar in the middle of the floor?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭cinnamon

seabee wrote:
    Has anyone got photos showing how it used to be - with the bar in the middle of the floor?

that's really funny cos for college i had to do a visual analysis of a bar by sketch ing it (i picked the gara) and the week i did it was the week before it was being renovated so i have drawings of the old layout.
    but i'll show you the photos instead cos they would look a lot better than my drawings!

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h233/cinnamons_album/100_0355.jpg

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h233/cinnamons_album/100_0358.jpg

ps its funny reading this thread, but i went to the countess and the strand on new years nite (also the year before) - strandhill is a very funky place

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,850 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Cheers Cinnamon... that's The Garavogue i know and loved!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

Bet my seat is gone now?? You know the window seat that was kinda hidden from the rest of the pub, Across from the girls bathroom? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 43,850 ✭✭✭✭Basq

takola wrote:
    Bet my seat is gone now?? You know the window seat that was kinda hidden from the rest of the pub, Across from the girls bathroom? :(
    More of a nook than a seat.. but yes, i know the one you mean!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,953 ✭✭✭✭muffler

takola wrote:
    Wicked :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

It wasn't what you were thinking! I have no interest in watching girls. I AM A GIRL!!!! :p
    It was just a cool place to chill out and for some reason nobody ever thought of looking for me there!!!
    Is it gone then?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

Yeah its gone!
    was in there last night and there seemed to be a markedly older crowd than usual . maybe its just cos it was 80s night though:)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I have a question, who is the hot girl that collects the glasses? :D

Advertisement