Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

50 Cent Runs Hip-Hop [Posts split from G-Unit or Game Thread]

Options
  • 21-10-2005 11:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭

Originally posted by cheesedude
    I go for 50 easily myself. May I also make the point that most the producing on the Games album was done by 50 primarily. And also, Hate it or love it and How we Do both have 50 cent on it. 50 Cent runs hip hop right now and nobody can touch him.

50 CENT DOES NOT RUN HIP-HOP RIGHT NOW. Please understand what you're talking about before you say something like that. Hip-Hop is a worldwide culture with B-Boys, graffiti writers, emcees and djs creating and contributing to a youthful movement. Supporting each other and practicing the 4 elements with interest in SKILL and ORIGINALITY of their crafts, not sales and a goddamn stick-yer-name-on-some shoes clothing line. 50 Cent runs some corporate businesses...he makes money, and doesn't give a s hit about the culture that came from the south bronx in the 70s. He plays to the stereotype, MTV friendly, too-stupid-to-be-dangerous, watered down, product driven, brand worshiping, bland, banal line of 'hip-hop' music that corporate america saw within the fresh, original spirit of early hip-hop and raped and misappropriated to pander to white teeny-bopper middle America, making as much money as possible whilst totally stripping the culture of it's original essence and counter-culture DIY mentality.

Fine, 50 cent is rich, fair play. He runs lots of successful businesses. Wow. But PLEASE don't for a second think that he 'runs hip-hop' or is even remotely related to the true hip-hop movement. Because he isn't.

Stuff like this just pisses me off.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

50 Cent does run Hip Hop. He is the king.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Stompbox

Klimseven wrote:
    50 CENT DOES NOT RUN HIP-HOP RIGHT NOW. Please understand what you're talking about before you say something like that. Hip-Hop is a worldwide culture with B-Boys, graffiti writers, emcees and djs creating and contributing to a youthful movement. Supporting each other and practicing the 4 elements with interest in SKILL and ORIGINALITY of their crafts, not sales and a goddamn stick-yer-name-on-some shoes clothing line. 50 Cent runs some corporate businesses...he makes money, and doesn't give a s hit about the culture that came from the south bronx in the 70s. He plays to the stereotype, MTV friendly, too-stupid-to-be-dangerous, watered down, product driven, brand worshiping, bland, banal line of 'hip-hop' music that corporate america saw within the fresh, original spirit of early hip-hop and raped and misappropriated to pander to white teeny-bopper middle America, making as much money as possible whilst totally stripping the culture of it's original essence and counter-culture DIY mentality.

Fine, 50 cent is rich, fair play. He runs lots of successful businesses. Wow. But PLEASE don't for a second think that he 'runs hip-hop' or is even remotely related to the true hip-hop movement. Because he isn't.

BEST.POST.EVER.

Also, its so great to listen to a song which reminisces about the days of N.W.A.,2Pac and Biggie instead of listenin' to how many bitches someone has, how much money they have and what cars they drive. I also give mad props to the Game for staying in Compton even though he's a multi million dollar star. You wouldn't see Fifty doing that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

cheesedude wrote:

The King of what?New York?The GOAT maybe?

Your making the mistake in believing that Hip-Hop is what you see on MTV,of who is a more household name or selling the most albums.50 is not a good rapper.Lyrically he is appaling and compared to his New York peers the guy is a joke.Technically and lyrically there are dozens,no hundreds,no wait thousands upon thousands rappers on this earth that are better then him.What he is,is a damn good business man.That doesn't mean he runs Hip-Hop(whatever the hell that actually means)but that he knows what the people want(club cum pop music with unintelligble rapping)and gives it to them in spades.He is no different then the other gimmicks in Hip-Hop that shot to the top,there has always been a strong commercial side to Hip-Hop.He'll disapear like Ja,MC Hammer or Vanilla Ice and we will always remember the greats-whether it be Nas to Jigga to Rakim to Grandmaster Flash.
    50 is much better than Game. Game wouldn't be where he is today without 50.Games biggest insult is '(name of person hes insulting) can suck my ****. WOW

Are you basing who is better on who is better at insulting people?Jesus :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭ubu

Cheesedude, can you read? if you can did you read Klimsevens' post? or did you just not understand it? Hip-Hop is not commercial rap, commercial rap is not Hip-Hop, is it really that hard to understand?

• Advertisement

Sit,ubu,sit

ubu wrote:
    Cheesedude, can you read? if you can did you read Klimsevens' post? or did you just not understand it? Hip-Hop is not commercial rap, commercial rap is not Hip-Hop, is it really that hard to understand?

I was listening to 50 Cent before he ever made it big. I heard about ages ago. Back then, he ran the underground hip hop. He was the number 1 underground MC. And now he is doing it in the commercial world too..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Klimseven

Back then, he ran the underground hip hop.

....no

you can't RUN hip-hop. If you think you can then it's not hip-hop you're thinking of, it's a business, or an industry. Hip-hop cannot be RUN by one person, that's ridiculous. Since hip-hop IS the people involved in it: the emcees, the b-boys, djs and graffiti writers. They ARE hip-hop. Perhaps 50 cent was involved in the underground emcee scene in New York and was held in high esteem there in regards to skills, but he didn't run it...and that one underground New York rapping scene isn't hip-hop, it's one minute facet of hip-hop. There are so many aspects of hip-hop worldwide to be able to claim that some emcee in New York 'runs hip-hop' just because he's successful in his one element.
    All his songs in the chart are either produced by me or have me on it. Every time that album sells, 50 gets something like 3/4 of the money.
    this shows that you're missing my point 6 bagagillion percent...

Klimseven wrote:
    you can't RUN hip-hop. If you think you can then it's not hip-hop you're thinking of, it's a business, or an industry. Hip-hop cannot be RUN by one person, that's ridiculous. Since hip-hop IS the people involved in it: the emcees, the b-boys, djs and graffiti writers. They ARE hip-hop. Perhaps 50 cent was involved in the underground emcee scene in New York and was held in high esteem there in regards to skills, but he didn't run it...and that one underground New York rapping scene isn't hip-hop, it's one minute facet of hip-hop. There are so many aspects of hip-hop worldwide to be able to claim that some emcee in New York 'runs hip-hop' just because he's successful in his one element.

this shows that you're missing my point 6 bagagillion percent...

Ah no, I completely understand your point. Trust me I do...Hip Hop is not just 50 Cent...I know that. It is an entire culture loved and respected by many people.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

Klimseven wrote:
    50 CENT DOES NOT RUN HIP-HOP RIGHT NOW. Please understand what you're talking about before you say something like that

50 cent runs hip hop !

Try thinking of the sentiment of the statement rather than breaking it down and making it out like anyone is is saying he is telling nas when to release an album or nelly who to have on his next single. And for gods sake can you post in one thread without bringing up graffiti or bloody B-Boys your like a broken record.

As for game v 50, well game is on his first album and a really good album at that but its still unclear if he can do it without 50's help cause he was signed to aftermath an awfully long time before 50 helped get his album sorted out. As it stands 50 stumbled on his last album but some of the mix tape stuff coming out is sounding prommising unlike games releases (ghost unit was terrible and 300 bars was 200 bars too long) Only time will tell theve both had one good comercial release maby they will both come strong with the next album or not.

for gods sake can you post in one thread without bringing up graffiti or bloody B-Boys your like a broken record.
    I brought it up for a reason. Hip-hop is all the things I mention, whether you like it and choose to recognise it or not. Therefore, 50 cent does not run hip-hop. See? It was relevent? Now isn't that special?

Tell you what, I'll stop mentioning graf and breaking (since it really seems to get to you for some reason) when people stop posting stupid topics about terrible emcees. Deal?

Klimseven wrote:
    I brought it up for a reason. Hip-hop is all the things I mention, whether you like it and choose to recognise it or not. Therefore, 50 cent does not run hip-hop. See? It was relevent? Now isn't that special?

See it would have been special but you bring it up all the time. And no it wasnt relevent the thread wasnt about who runs hip hop for the first 9 posts it was about who is better 50 or game then as usual you come in and completly put the thread off topic. So how about you stop posting in threads you have no interest in and start your own thread about whatever it is you want to talk about. Cause I dont see you ever posting anything new just making the same out of place argument. In fact reading your posts again youve not made a single reference to which one you think is better just how you hate everything comercial.

I don't think either are decent. Sorry. Someone said that 50 cent runs hip-hop...I made the point that he didn't. Does the truth hurt? I didn't just randomely post an argument for no reason, obviously. If you don't like what I have to say get the f uck over it, it's and internet forum, wah wah...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

These posts have been split from this thread, http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=315119.

If you want to continue this debate use this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭chiller

I Totally Agree With Klimseven I Like Fifty Cent But I Agree With U Well Said Hip Hop Is Ruled By Everyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭yak_kadafi

cheesedude wrote:

emm no man he doesnt run hip hop.50 cant even run his ****in mouth..i can tell that this a guy that started listenin to hip hop bout 3 years agi and thinks that 50 is the only "rapper" just cos its him he sees on the charts.............
    **** 50...dickriding motha****a..................
    dude can u even tell me what rap stands for??dont cheat yourself and look on the net...cos i know that you dont know:D :D:D
    ha 50 a good rapper.......a ****in good dickrider more like

cheesedude wrote:
    I was listening to 50 Cent before he ever made it big. I heard about ages ago. Back then, he ran the underground hip hop. He was the number 1 underground MC. And now he is doing it in the commercial world too..
    ha man the "underground" hip hop that you listened to "before 50 was big" must no have been hip hop at all................lol is that why when you listen to nearly every underground hip hop artist they dont nothing but a "die slow" for 50...if u call that running hip hop...............you shouldnt even be allowed have an opinion......

Kristok wrote:
    50 cent runs hip hop !

Try thinking of the sentiment of the statement rather than breaking it down and making it out like anyone is is saying he is telling nas when to release an album or nelly who to have on his next single. And for gods sake can you post in one thread without bringing up graffiti or bloody B-Boys your like a broken record.

As for game v 50, well game is on his first album and a really good album at that but its still unclear if he can do it without 50's help cause he was signed to aftermath an awfully long time before 50 helped get his album sorted out. As it stands 50 stumbled on his last album but some of the mix tape stuff coming out is sounding prommising unlike games releases (ghost unit was terrible and 300 bars was 200 bars too long) Only time will tell theve both had one good comercial release maby they will both come strong with the next album or not.

nah man sorry to disappont u...he clearly doesnt run it...your statement makes no sense to be honest...."Try thinking of the sentiment of the statement"....ok tryining,tryingg,trying......a month later( i was banned for a month)....still sounds like the guy is sayin 50 literally runs hip hop which is again an emmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm no he doesnt!!!

Dont worry about it im not dissapointed, If thats really what you think he is saying then that says allot in itself. This thread is dead and gone no point in bringing up tired old threads but if you want to argue over it again then ill say he literally runs hip hop its makes no sense but if you want to believe I think that or that cheesedude meant that then knock yourself out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,466 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Klimseven wrote:

I like it, going on the whole KRS-One tip. I think you can safely say that 50 cent runs pop in america. but lets be honest, if he ran hip-hop then he'd have some respect from all quarters of the hip-hop world, and i'm certainly not seeing any b-boy's rockin 50s tunes. maybe you should expand your horizons a little, theres more to hip-hop music than 50 cent, jay z, eminem and dre. if you give it a try you might figure out fo r yourself that 50 couldn't even be called hip-hop music, its pop

50 Cent runs hip hop. If you expand your horizons youll figure it out too hes the GOAT. But being serious for a minute how about starting a thread about who is the best instead of banging on about who isnt. Back on topic Curtis Interscope Jacksons the man.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Newsflash: 50 Cent ruins Hip-Hop

cheesedude = mong

Well done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Sure you were, thats what all the kids are saying these days. Go home douche bag
    cheesedude wrote:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

I like it, going on the whole KRS-One tip.

I wouldn't go listening to anything KRS has to say these days. He's the biggest fake of them all.

Why do you find it so hard to believe he was listening to 50 before he made it big allot of people where. And maby you could try not calling people names like a 6 year old, if only for the fact that its against the rules of the charter if for nothing else.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

bazH and FX Meister banned for a week.

Kristok wrote:
    Why do you find it so hard to believe he was listening to 50 before he made it big allot of people where. And maby you could try not calling people names like a 6 year old, if only for the fact that its against the rules of the charter if for nothing else.

It basically comes down to complete ignorance. If Mac Dre was still around and made it as big as 50 cent has done, people like that "intelligent" being would still say the same utter complete ****.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

I think you can safely say that 50 cent runs pop in america.

Well said Spacecoyote.You don't put 50 cent and Hip Hop in the same sentence.Maybe 50 cent and Hip-Pop,cos thats all it is.

Thats fine that the guy listened to 50 in his early days but the fact is that if 50 had any respect for Hip-Hop and its elements then he wouldn't be selling out the way he does.

Take Jurassic 5 for example.One of the greatest Hip Hop groups around with genius lyrics and unbelievable breaks and loops.Yet they play venues like Vicar st. with crowds of just over 1000 people,so the poeple priveliged enough to see them are given a personal gig.

On the downside,you have Black Eyed Peas.Nearly 10 years ago they released an album called Behind The Front.It was a fantastic contribution to hip-hop and still sounds fresh.However,now they recruited some white chick with t!ts and @ss to bring up the MTV-friendly ratings.A complete sell out move and unfortunately alot of respect has been lost for them.

Just clarifying the "Hip-Hop", "Hip-Pop" thing

Advertisement