Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Bible, Creationism, and Prophecy (part 1)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

J C wrote: »
    I'm a Born Again Saved Christian and a Creation Scientist ... and I'm beating the pants off you guys over on the Atheist Forum ... and there are hundreds of you guys ... against me ... but with God on my side ... nobody can come against me.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=74196223#post74196223
    Brilliant!! That's absolutely hilarious! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,615 ✭✭✭✭J C

In 2006 Johan Huibers built a half-scale Noahs Ark using the lumber from 1,200 trees so that it could traverse Dutch Canals ...

... and Johan Huibers has now built a full scale Noahs Ark ... and plans to sail it up the Thames during the 2012 Olympic Games.

It took him 3 years ... and 12,000 Swedish Pine Trees ... and it is now already afloat.

... where now all the scoffers who said that it couldn't be done!!!

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/43492787/ns/today-today_people/t/meet-man-whos-re-creating-noahs-ark/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

Who ever said you couldn't build an ark with modern tools out of pine and steel?

Zombrex wrote: »
    Who ever said you couldn't build an ark with modern tools out of pine and steel?
    ... so you now accept that Noah's Ark could have been constructed on the full huge scale recorded in Genesis?

That is good.

Next step is for you to accept the obvious fact that God Created all life!!!:)

... so you now accept that Noah's Ark could have been constructed on the full huge scale recorded in Genesis?

What do you mean "now accept"? No one disputed that it could be built by modern humans. Modern humans have build far bigger structures, such as the Boeing Everett factory.

Construction of an Ark using modern tools and materials would be rather trivial.
    I will when you will, but since you and me are both admitted non-believers i wont hold my breath

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,888 ✭✭✭AtomicHorror

Spontaneous Evolution

...is a phrase you invented. And you just can't let it go, because after all these years word games are pretty much all you've actually got.

That is good.

"I never doubted proposition A."

"So, you DO accept proposition B? Good. It logically follows that you should now accept C."

Keep on trollin' J_C. You're making your cause look dumber with every passing day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭himnextdoor

In 2006 Johan Huibers built a half-scale Noahs Ark using the lumber from 1,200 trees so that it could traverse Dutch Canals ...

... and Johan Huibers has now built a full scale Noahs Ark ... and plans to sail it up the Thames during the 2012 Olympic Games.

It took him 3 years ... and 12,000 Swedish Pine Trees ... and it is now already afloat.

And in the opinion of the builder would not stand up to a flood of biblical proportions.

What do you mean "now accept"? No one disputed that it could be built by modern humans. Modern humans have build far bigger structures, such as the Boeing Everett factory.

Construction of an Ark using modern tools and materials would be rather trivial.
    Here is your Evolutionist bias coming out ... you forget that the builders of the Ark were the same people who built the Egyptian Pyramids ... and Stonehenge ... and Newgrange ... and many ancient structures that would give modern technology a 'good run for its money'!!!

I will when you will, but since you and me are both admitted non-believers i wont hold my breath
    I'm a non-beliver in Evolution allright !!!:)

I'd agree it could be done (by modern man) when he manages to get a pair or seven pairs of every species on board and keep them all alive for a month or two.

Incidentally, the ocean during a storm is a tad rougher than a Dutch canal or even the Thames.

By the way, did Noah save the dinosaurs? If not, why did God make them all extinct having gone to the trouble of creating them? If so, why did they all die afterwards? And why aren't they mentioned in the bible?

Very puzzling indeed.

And in the opinion of the builder would not stand up to a flood of biblical proportions.
    Noah's Ark did survive the Biblical Flood ... and you and I wouldn't be here ... if it didn't!!!:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/43492787/ns/today-today_people/t/meet-man-whos-re-creating-noahs-ark/

Brilliant, Solid proof that it must be true, thanks you have convinced me, I'll go and rip up my Evolution books now.

the_monkey wrote: »
    Brilliant, Solid proof that it must be true, thanks you have convinced me, I'll go and rip up my Evolution books now.
    ... and are you going to change your username as well???:confused::eek:

... and are you going to change your username as well???:confused::eek:

Are you going to address my questions about dinosaurs, and their presence/absence from the Ark? And how so many species were gathered and fitted on the Ark?

And what happened the dinosaurs if they were on the Ark? And the reason why no mention was made of them either way? :confused:

Probably not.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Are you going to address my questions about dinosaurs, and their presence/absence from the Ark? And how so many species were gathered and fitted on the Ark?

And what happened the dinosaurs if they were on the Ark? And the reason why no mention was made of them either way? :confused:

Probably not.
    Ofcourse he wont becasue he cant, these creationist spout of at everything they think they understand but as soon as you put forward a really good argument against they seem to miss posts.

Ofcourse he wont becasue he cant, these creationist spout of at everything they think they understand but as soon as you put forward a really good argument against they seem to miss posts.

Enjoy!!:):D

... and this is what actually happened ...

Seriously ????

Is this J C a troll ? then again on this forum I wouldn't be surprised...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

Seriously ????

Search the 'Origin of Specious Nonsense' thread in A&A to see how dedicated he is... :pac:

Seriously ????

Is there no pleasing ye???

First ye whinge that such a large-scale wooden Ark couldn't be built in the hundred or so years that Noah took ... and then a Dutchman builds one as a DIY project over a few wet weekends!!!!:)

Then ye start whinging about where Noah put all of the animals ... and I show you the maths of how it was done ... together with a video of what it was like ... and ye are now whinging about trolling!!!

... are the genes for whinging and evolutionism linked???:eek:

CiaranMT wrote: »
    Search the 'Origin of Specious Nonsense' thread in A&A to see how dedicated he is... :pac:
    ... and successful!!!!:)

Is there no pleasing ye???

First ye whinge that such a large-scale wooden Ark couldn't be built in the hundred years that Noah took ... and then a Dutchman builds one as a DIY project over a few wet weekends!!!!:)

Then ye start whinging about where Noah put all of the animals ... and I show you the maths of how it was done ... together with a video of what it was like ... and ye are now whinging about trolling!!!

... are the genes for whinging and evolutionism linked???:eek:

This video is pure bull****, forgetting the fact that it would have needed a LOT more space for the food/water (4x minimum) still doesn't tackle the problem of how he got animals such as .... hmmm - Kangaroos on board, or Dinosaurs maybe ???

• Advertisement

This video is pure bull****, forgetting the fact that it would have needed a LOT more space for the food/water (4x minimum) still doesn't tackle the problem of how he got animals such as .... hmmm - Kangaroos on board, or Dinosaurs maybe ???
    I have posted the video showing how they came on-board!!!

... as for tbe water ... all they needed was a good guttering system as there was a lot of rain about!!!!:D

... and before you ask ... all the stuff that came out the other end ... was simply allowed to flow overboard !!!

In addition, it is thought that a form of hibernation could have dramatically reduced the feed requirements.

... and the Kangaroos ... eh ... em ... hopped on board!!!:D

Of course, he dodged all the questions about the dinosaurs for some reason. No doubt he'll try to dig up someone else's opinion or another hilarious video for us.

Of course, he dodged all the questions about the dinosaurs for some reason. No doubt he'll try to dig up someone else's opinion or another hilarious video for us.
    ... and yes, the Dinosaurs were vegetarian before the Flood ... and small babies of the larger Kinds were probably taken on board the Ark to minimise their space requirements.

... and yes, the Dinosaurs were vegetarian before the Flood ... and small babies of the larger Kinds were probably taken on board the Ark to minimise their space requirements.

A few questions spring to mind: why are these - the biggest land animals ever to live - never mentioned in the Bible? Did nobody notice them? :confused:
    And why did god bother saving them from the flood and then make them go extinct anyway? And why did vegetarian dinosaurs have teeth that are clearly only useful for eating meat?

And - referring to the ridiculous video above - how did Noah go about gathering a pair of over 1 million species of insect? How did he catalogue and store them? (of course the number is far more than a million species, but I'm being gentle)

So many questions, so few plausible answers...

Is this J C a troll ?

Yes, the more people who take him seriously the more kicks he gets. You should see what he has admitted to on the A&A forum. If he is a genuine Christian I'm the Pope.

Yes, the more people who take him seriously the more kicks he gets. You should see what he has admitted to on the A&A forum. If he is a genuine Christian I'm the Pope.
    What exactly did I 'admit to' over on the A & A???

I don't actually have much space to 'admit to' anything over on the A & A forum of the supposed 'skeptics' ... where they keep me under 'house arrest' on one thread ... and they move my comments to my 'prison' thread and they threaten to ban me, if I make any comments on their other threads,
    ... because they want to be able to take 'pot-shots' at Christian issues ... but don't want to hear anything other than their own ideas in return!!!

As far as I can see, the A & A is a private space for assorted atheists to reinforce their religious beliefs while being insulated from any serious alternative opinions ... its like a monastery for Atheists ... complete with it vows of silence on any dissenting opinions!!!!:)

Ironically, my 'prison thread' is rapidly becoming a 'mega thread' with over 170,000 views since it was set up a year ago!!!
    ... while most of their other threads flounder away, with less than 10,000 views.

BTW, I'm not complaining about how the A & A treat me ... I'm just explaining how they treat me.

So is that not Evolution?

JC is an atheist troll who tries to make Christians look like idiots. It's best not to bite, out of respect for our hosts on this board.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

JC is an atheist troll who tries to make Christians look like idiots. It's best not to bite, out of respect for our hosts on this board.
    Ahh I see, cheers for the heads up.

That's a new low ... even for you guys ... but I suppose when it come to denial ... there is no limit to your vain imaginings!!!!:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

How does a reduction in order within the energy reaching us from the Sun result in a vast increase in order (in living creatures) on Earth?

If this were true then heting a radiator in one room should result in a new computer being created in an adjoining room!!!!

I literally fell off my chair reading that!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement