Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Spec

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭hairball

so just ordered me ram...went with ocz 2gig pc 4000 plat EB.
    thanks for the suggestions lads

well, for the person who wanted pics of the case, here's a couple of admittedly not very good quality pics...but maybe they'll give you some Idea of what its like.
    what I will say is ,that its possibly the best case I've ever worked with..the build quality's eautiful, everything comes apart and goes back togehter really well, and the whole thing just has a lovely cleean simple look about it.
    again sorry for pic quality, but taken under bad lighting with my phone

so in the end I went single core, and I went with a 4000, for two reasons, one ,and most obviously, the price.
    Two, I really just don't do that much multi tasking at the mo...yep I work in graphic design, but not while I play games..and paying 800 euros (or more) for a cpu is a load of ****e imo.
    So anyways ,almost there, just gotta go look for grafix card now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

I might be a little late with this but what about the S939 opterons? They have 1mb cache and overclock extremely well!!

http://www.overclockers.com/tips00866/

Also have a look at overclockers.com forums for examples on how the chips are preforming overclocking wise.

yup, a wee bit late, but tanks anyways..I'm happy enpugh to go with what I have, just gotta get me a graphics card now and sit back and wait for the post:)...I'll let you know how it all works out

• Advertisement

so slotted the card earlier...now all I need is ram..and I can boot up test and finish the build

and so with the ordering of some mushkin high performance pc 4000 black, the buid is almost at an end

so, finishing the build off tomorrow, got ram on the way from shop4memory, looking forward to taking it for its first test drive, will post some benches when its all up and running

So, Here's The New Addition..just Dumping Windows On Now

Advertisement