Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A.I. - Spielberg Movie

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Originally posted by DadaKopf
    Really WhiteWashMan, that's really interesting. What is it exactly you object to? I mean, I'm just one person with a keyboard like you. You're as pointless as I am.

You probably have the face of a jerk.

I mean everyone can have their opinions can't they? You seriously think my opinion isn't my own? Of are you one of these people who just has to try and think differently from everyone else because you want to feel special?

What is your problem?

ZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzwhat
    *cough splutter*
    sorry you woke me.
    oh sorry, i was just trying to get away from your tripe.
    gosh, you certainly dont like people to pass remarks about your write ups do you. bit sensetive are we?
    face like a jerk?
    dunno, ive never met you to find out.
    back to sleep it is
    ZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

from renton

quote:
    Originally posted by WhiteWashMan

...A whole load of flame nonsence....

WWM = Whitelancer ?

nope, i think you have taken that from someone else. cant see that in my post.
    and no, im not whitelancer. ohh, i feel all dirty now.

and crash.
    there are reasons why i dont read blues news you know....
    pms was last week.
    im in a good mood this week :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭DadaKopf

Wow, what a comeback. Well done, well done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Crash&Burn

Originally posted by WhiteWashMan

and crash.
    pms was last week.

So ur back in business this week good stuff Ill see u in the usal place :p

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Originally posted by DadaKopf
    Wow, what a comeback. Well done, well done.

oh, now youve gone and hurt my feelings.
    please, if youre going to insult me for having my opinion (which apparently is important to you) at least have the decency to do a good job.
    not only do you write rubbish, but youre a hypocritical tart as well.
    please just go away.
    you are becoming annoying now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Crash&Burn

And u said pms was finished last week :rolleyes::p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

I have to say i thought Spieldberg made complete shít out of what could have been a very good movie, if Kubrick had directed it, especially with the naseating 'happy' ending that felt tacked on.
    I thought it would end in the heartbreaking moment when David whispers 'mommie' and jumps into the sea, and this ending would have rounded it off better.

That said, Haley Joel Osment's performance was absolutely astonishing throughout, one of the best actors i have ever seen.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

aaaaah, the pain, make the bad pain stop.

dev 30 second review, chronologically through the film.

ok
    hmmm
    cool
    hahah the teddybear
    oooh run away...
    hmmm
    what time is it.. .wow just enough time left to cut to the chase
    hmmm
    long film
    eh? get on with it
    grrrrrrr
    yer wan in the 3rd row's alright
    snore
    oh come ON.
    what time is it... fs the pub will be closed
    ah sad ending.
    hey its not over.
    oh ffs
    cool, aliens, maybe they have laser guns, anythings better then this.
    oh jesus
    hey that guys leaving early, wish I could
    snore
    oh god the ending.
    barf.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Overlord

I am surprised but I'm with Shinji on this one. This film was good.

A.I. is about emotion and the value of dreaming. The two qualities that set us most obviously apart from machines.

When it comes to Spielberg's tear-jerker bits, some like them and some loath them. And as a tear-jerker this wasn't one of the best. The film did provoke thought - about my existence and am I really any different to a mechanical person if that person had all the attributes that I have? It can be seen as being a cold film depending on the conclusions you take from the questions posed.
    Questions such as the way we look at and live life and seperate ourselves. Is logic the "Truth"? Isn't it emotion and dreaming that clouds pure logic? What value emotion and dreaming then? Is organic life the only "true" life? Can we create in our own image? If our race becomes extinct just how will we be remembered? What will we want to be remembered for?
    Its a fairy tale for robots. Maybe they will watch it in 2000 years and come to the conclusion we werent that bad a species really :)

Advertisement