Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your car here, part 3 (Quote A Photo, GET A 24 HOUR BAN!!!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

"The Biys"

480020_556882887675742_1733913754_n.jpg

529625_556882851009079_1980558_n.jpg

The Beemers arse looks sky high next to the astra :o

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Plug, is that a VXR8??? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,289 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

XR6 you heithan

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ8SnJQ3poqAUNqSiAv68gtTXjyAt7y9wRDApq1j5zNY3MX72bGTg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Nah he is doing it all wrong, going for big I6 with turbo over the Corvette derived NA V8 lovelyness! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Tragedy

"The Biys"

The Beemers arse looks sky high next to the astra :o

Is the Astra not assembled in England? You should really have some Union Jacks on the number plates.

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

It is but I like Germany :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 228 ✭✭shinkansen

saw a VXR Monaro back in Australia when i was backpacking, nice car but not sure on the 10/15mpg....!

shinkansen wrote: »
    saw a VXR Monaro back in Australia when i was backpacking, nice car but not sure on the 10/15mpg....!

Who cares when LPG is 0.70c a litre!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Or really, if someone's buying one I'm sure they just don't give a crap in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Matt Simis wrote: »
    Nah he is doing it all wrong, going for big I6 with turbo over the Corvette derived NA V8 lovelyness! :D
    Naa Im doing it right:p The Holden V8's still use a single cam and push rods from the stone age where Ford use quad cam and a big supercharger bolted to their V8's but I couldn't afford a V8:(
    I haven't seen a big turbo or V8 running on LPG yet so I'll be sticking with 98 premium for <$1.50.

@Cianryan, yep couldn't give a toss about fuel price. Won't be doing high mileage.

• Advertisement

Less than €1.22 for top shelf petrol. :(

CianRyan wrote: »
    Or really, if someone's buying one I'm sure they just don't give a crap in general.

haha, yep

10mpg

phfffffffft

whatever man, fill her up.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Exactly. MPG is overrated anyway, it's all about Smiles per Gallon. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Tragedy

dar83 wrote: »
    Exactly. MPG is overrated anyway, it's all about Smiles per Gallon. :D
    Until you have no money left in your bank account.

Most of the people who talk about MPG not mattering tend to not be the owners of cars that get <20MPG (or don't stay owners long), Matt Simis being a very obvious exception. Easy to talk about 'smiles per gallon' or 'no-one buys a car like that caring what MPG they get', but the reality tends to be quite different :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Tragedy wrote: »

Most of the people who talk about MPG not mattering tend to not be the owners of cars that get <20MPG (or don't stay owners long), Matt Simis being a very obvious exception. Easy to talk about 'smiles per gallon' or 'no-one buys a car like that caring what MPG they get', but the reality tends to be quite different :)

My car is currently getting about 18-19 mpg, I don't see that changing any time soon and funnily enough I know Matt Simis quite well. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Most of the people who talk like this tend to have no interest in owning a car that will give them smiles per gallon. I don't think you're an obvious exception. Easy to talk about this when this is the case :pac:

Pff, my daily gets like 22 to 23mpg, sub 20mpg, sure thats crazy. :P
    Did make more sense with the LPG powered Audi S8 though!

my 2.4 accord is a bit of a dawg around town, but i dont care less, talking about 250miles or so when the light is on.

the fact it does 450miles on a long trip does me fine, and its very comfortable on them trips too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

my 2.4 accord is a bit of a dawg around town, but i dont care less, talking about 250miles or so when the light is on.

the fact it does 450miles on a long trip does me fine, and its very comfortable on them trips too.

Honda petrols are thirsty though, Ive the 2.0 litre and the mpg I get on that isn't great.

Sure from what I've read I'd pretty much get the same from a 335i as I do from the Accord.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ferris

Most of the people who talk like this tend to have no interest in owning a car that will give them smiles per gallon. I don't think you're an obvious exception. Easy to talk about this when this is the case :pac:

Obviously a persons individual circumstances come into it however. I wouldn't drive the car I have (20mpg club :D) if I was doing above avg. milage for example. However my commute is small so a car that converts petrol into a lot of heat and noise along with a moderate power level suits me.

Irish people focus on MPG way too much, depreciation is usually a far greater cost than the relative economy gap. Just don't tell anyone, it leaves all those cheap inefficient reliable petrols out there for us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

not enough money to put petrol in your V8 - sounds like your eating and drinking too much , time to cut back on everything except petrol

well, thats my logic anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Honda petrols are thirsty though, Ive the 2.0 litre and the mpg I get on that isn't great.

Sure from what I've read I'd pretty much get the same from a 335i as I do from the Accord.

Was driving a 3L 6-Pot Honda Legend for a weekend a while back. Used 25% more fuel than my old 735 on the same run! :eek:

I have looked at the very impressive mpg figures for new model BMWs alright, 330i and 325i models.

I cant bring myself to believe they are cheaper to run than an accord though, and not very impressed with the ease to break into.

They look very nice though, I am considering changing for a newer car later this year and have crazy notions of getting a Honda Legend but seems unlikely, a late 7th gen Accord seems most likely. Same car but with less milage and same reliability.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

I have looked at the very impressive mpg figures for new model BMWs alright, 330i and 325i models.

I cant bring myself to believe they are cheaper to run than an accord though, and not very impressed with the ease to break into.

They look very nice though, I am considering changing for a newer car later this year and have crazy notions of getting a Honda Legend but seems unlikely, a late 7th gen Accord seems most likely. Same car but with less milage and same reliability.

Why not? I know my Honda is thirsty, Honda is not a cheap car to run unless your talking about the diesel Accord, as for the Legend it's something I looked at myself there fugly, for the size of the engine there not that powerful and I'd imagine not a great drive, you be paying big tax and even bigger fuel bills.

I was never a big fan of BMW but they do seem to be leading the way in terms of fuel consumption on petrol models even pre 08 , and the e92 coupe is a beautiful car and the e60 has grown on me over time especially with the right spec.

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭hi_im_fil

_DSC0386.jpg

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

248098.JPG

Would I be right to say I recognise that spot?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

CianRyan wrote: »
    Would I be right to say I recognise that spot?

It would be up in the direction of the sally gap I believe?

Ded_Zebra wrote: »
    It would be up in the direction of the sally gap I believe?

It's the same one as my sig' if I'm right. :D

On the Military Road not far past viewpoint.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

'Tis one of my regular Drives up there, I often just turn around there where you are parked :). I do love that road that brings you up from Rathfarnham to viewpoint :D:cool:

I often bring the lads I live with with me and we go for drive thru Mcflurrys in Nutgrove after :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement