Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US: 2X05 - "...And Found" [**SPOILERS WITHIN**]

Options
  • 19-10-2005 6:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43,777 ✭✭✭✭

- WARNING: THIS THREAD WILL CONTAIN SPOILERS FOR THOSE WHO HAVE NOT YET SEEN "...AND FOUND" -

Episode Title: "...And Found"
    Airdate: October 19th 2005

Synopsis (from TV.Com): { edited }

Michael sets off into the jungle by himself determined to find Walt,
    but discovers that he is not alone
    . Meanwhile, Sawyer and Jin are ordered by their captors to take them to their camp,
    and Sun frantically searches for her missing wedding ring.

In flashbacks this episode reveals more of Jin's life before ending up on the island.

Next New Episode: 2X06 - "Abandoned" - November 9th 2005

What did you think of "...And Found"? 98 votes

0%
    5%
    ChongPiZaRR-0mayordenisKazaanovasaintsaucey 5 votes
    6%
    mewsoStephen PqzkdouglasGone Westmukki 6 votes
    18%
    gandalf[Deleted User]PauljGristlyEndChevano RileySleepymickgermonkeyfudgeVoodoo2toxofMatthewthebigtvnutzShaneggggAdrianIImadmannwithabowDfitzerWellCulturedgustavo 18 votes
    29%
    satchmoBKtjeMr ElynchiedigimanRobertFosterdr strangelovefjonSauronmatrimmr_angrysprinklesWaltonsdead airduridianSnake PliskenKevIRLfightin irishmcgovernangry_fox 29 votes
    20%
    PiEBeruthielpickarooney[Deleted User]feylyaTCamenjorgL5bestyCiaran500OFDMJohnnyrazirishshogun[Deleted User]Spider_Baby!GrumPytheDuckPadrockMr.S[Deleted User] 20 votes
    7%
    WashoutSilent AssasinrabbitinlightsLizardKingT-b0n3steveland?ninebeanrows 7 votes
    5%
    jor elDampsquidPeaceBasqrobinph 5 votes
    6%
    PraetorianStarkchumpskibumdanbhalathewools 6 votes
    2%
    Cabaalixoy 2 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,777 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Sorry all.. couldn't resist making a new thread!

This one can just be for post-episode discussion so!

PS - Also worth noting it's a public poll and any voting before the episode airs is a big no-no, and will be frowned upon (very heavily.. :D). So.. no excuses for voting early! (unless your name is JJ Abrams or Damon Lindelof)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

w00t!

Basquille have my babies. Now.

qz wrote:
    Basquille have my babies. Now.
    Tempting... but you could at least buy me dinner first!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

No chance mister! OK, back on topic....

Starting............. now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

I like pie.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭herobear

basquille wrote:

In flashbacks this episode reveals more of Jin's life before ending up on the island.

well yes, buts its really actually a Sun Flashback episode

• Registered Users Posts: 20,898 ✭✭✭✭Stark

You mean we don't have the camera zooming into a lemon in the food storage bunker and flashback of Kate shopping for lemons? Damn. *Beats ixoy with a stick*
    Anima wrote:
    I like pie.

Spoiler tags please! Hurley revelations are the best ones!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭joe.

Stark wrote:
    You mean we don't have the camera zooming into a lemon in the food storage bunker and flashback of Kate shopping for lemons? Damn. *Beats ixoy with a stick*

Spoiler tags please! Hurley revelations are the best ones!

Do you realise when I highlighted that text, I could actually read it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭saintsaucey

Cheers "It's good to have you back Basq,"

The episode was great. I know you all think Anna's a bitch but i think she's the way she is because she has had it rougher than the other survivors.

Technically it was a Sun and Jin flashback episode since we saw things happening from both their point's of view.

Anyone else think the bald korean guy was gonna confess he was gay.

I can't believe we have to wait three weeks for the new episode. As for who will be lost for ever, visit my thread LOST FOREVER WARNING
    HEAVY SPOILERS

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

3 weeks!?!?!?

Damn Americans :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,198 ✭✭✭digiman

I watched it there a while ago, was a very average episode to be honest. I had seen the preview clip and was expecting a really good episode but was let down.
    I thought that Jun & Sun backstories were really poor and very uninteresting. As for
    Sun not being able to find her ring, this was one of the main stories in the episode and it seemed as if the writers were really stuck with a script when they decieded to include this. The way they shot the jungle part with Michael and Jun was really well done I thought, lots of tension but as usual revealed nothing about the others, other than they are really dangerous which I suppose we already knew
    All I can say now is that I hope the next episode is a 10/10 after the way the way they built it up at the end of this one "Will be the best episode this season".

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Kanney

If we have to wait three weeks for it, it has to be good enough? Why is it three weeks tho? Is the Baseball Play Off's on or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Gutted about the 3 weeks wait , but it looks good though. Ep 5 rocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Frankieboy

my cousin called this episode crimson! Could someone maybe clarify this for me?

Pretty good episode I thought. The bit where the others were walking bye was cool I thought. I think the kid with the bear is probably Alex, I'm sure everyone else thought the same. Also the bit with Kate and the bottle was quite interesting...

I think the story is picking up a bit more now. It will be interesting to see how both groups of survivors mix.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

proberly the worst episode of lost i found!! nothing really happened??? nor no new stories or leads......:mad:

very dissapointed - but im expecting a cracker next time up!!!

Episode 5 was a dull one! :(

Hmmm... maybe it's just the mood i'm in but not much good to say about this one. Didn't enjoy the backstory, didn't enjoy the "action" in the jungle. Most annoying thing was as soon as i saw the Claire finding the bottle recap and heard Sun lost her ring, i knew well the ring would be find where she buried the bottle. AH WELL!

The only thing worth talking about was the shot of The Others legs.. yes, not much worth discussing there even! But did like Hurley's story of his dog crapping out a 1.35c in nickels though! :D

Giving it a generous 4 / 10. In my opinion, the poorest episode in a long time!

3 week hiatus will be bee-yatch though! :( I do think the next one will be a good 'un!

PS - herobear.. don't know what you meant by it was more of a Sun flashback episode. Seemed more centred on Jin to be honest. But then again.. either character's flashbacks will basically be more or less their flashback's together as a developing couple.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

I thought it was interesting the way the others walked very lightly as if they were puropsly trying not to leave a trail.

Also they looked dirty and gaunt. There should be plenty of food on the island as well as water to wash in... so why don't the dirty nackers take a bath.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Sauron

7/10 for me...

the episode seemed fairly uneventful..

except of course, for the leg shot of the others.. loved that bit..

when Sun's suitor mentioned a woman in America, I was almost certain it was going to be someone from flight 815..

Loved Hurley's story.. and the look on his face afterwards..

no Hatch shenanigans this time.. ah well..

Can't wait until the two groups meet up.. and we find out more about what happened to the rest of the tail section group..

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Oooh, shot of one of them dragging a teddy bear, possible indication that this is 16 year old "Alex", Rousseau's long lost child? :O

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭herobear

basquille wrote:

PS - herobear.. don't know what you meant by it was more of a Sun flashback episode. Seemed more centred on Jin to be honest. But then again.. either character's flashbacks will basically be more or less their flashback's together as a developing couple.

yeah, it was originally going to be jin's, then it changed to sun's and from watching it, its pretty much both jin and sun's....ah well(at least we know whats upcoming for both Jin and Sawyer's flashbacks)

thank zeus that walt was actually kidnapped, because the rafters and the tailers storyline(yes, including ana-lucia) is the only thing that is currently making this show bearably watchable at this point

im confused though, when Eko and Jin are hiding from the others, can they only see their feet ? or is that just for tension's sake ?
    because im pretty sure that, it was Walt who was carrying the teddy bear
    (Alex, if she indeed actually exists which im starting to doubt at this stage, would be at least 16 by Danielle's expectation)

and yes, that Vincent scene was pure Hurley :D - i loved the incredulous face on Sun's face, and the fact that Hurley always take himself so seriously
    when Sun's suitor mentioned a woman in America, I was almost certain it was going to be someone from flight 815..

there's a rumour that its
    Libby
    but theres really nothing to back it up with, im gonna rewatch the epi.

You think its Walt? Then these "Others" must be very powerful indeed, I mean they have the ability to turn a black boy into a white girl!

Check it again, the child is white, looks tall enough to be 14-16 and looks like a girl by the clothes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

I can't believe how anyone gave this 7, never mind 10...

No matter how much you like a show you should never let that blind you when they release a stinker of an episode...

It was tragically dull...
    I think I gave it 3/10

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,061 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Those legs were pretty dark, but they looked a bit too long for walt's.
    Did echo's (sp?) comment about the other's not leaving shoe prints mean they all don't wear shoes for some reason, or they just don't leave tracks at all I wonder?

Bit disappointing all right.

Btw, any one ye notice the pants on the character holding the teddy? Once it's tight and knee length, another shot it's longer anf baggy. Either teddy's changing hands or someone's changing size!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

chump wrote:
    No matter how much you like a show you should never let that blind you when they release a stinker of an episode..
    Unfortunately that's never stopped plenty of people on this forum awarding every episode a ten, regardless of the fact that they can't all deserve it...

Glad to see that the insane 'Lost' love hasn't blinded people to the fact that this week's episode was crap. They managed to do what I thought was impossible - make an even more boring and pointless backstory. Well done writers...

The Others? ARGH. When asked who they are, we have to get a sarcastic "Yeah, let's swap stories". Yet again this new batch of survivors aren't revealing anything - merely talking in mysterious tones. Yeah, yeah blather blather they've got "trust issues". An amazing intricate plan by the writers, or just them fobbing us off for the umpteenth bloody time by not having the characters act intelligently and inquisitively?

And as for the main ring story... Ohh did anyone even think for a second she wouldn't find the ring at the end to the sound of all those weepy instruments? Would have been far more interesting for it to have not turned up or turned up in Vincent's leaving. Although Vincent wasn't the only producing a load of crap this week now was he...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Poor, disappointing epsiode.. the last 2 have been really disappointing!
    Hope they make a good one next time:rolleyes:

3 weeks:eek:

I dont know how i'll survive!

5/10 just for the legs.. freaked me out:D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,837 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

I liked it. Don't know why. Nothing spectacular but I enjoyed it. Simple nice backstory. I really get the feeling peoples expectations are far too high tbh.
    Seeing a nice Korean lady called Dude was the moment of the episode.

Anyway 3 weeks is nothing compared to several months waiting to see what happens between Adama and Cain :)

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,061 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

musician wrote:

Anyway 3 weeks is nothing compared to several months waiting to see what happens between Adama and Cain :)

Noooooo! (Trying to forget)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭ElNino

Average episode - a bit too soppy for me :D Although it looks like the calm before the storm.

Episode 6 looks like its going to be a classic although I don't know how we can wait 3 weeks for it.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

MarkR wrote:
    Noooooo! (Trying to forget)
    Me too :/

Advertisement