Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The last album you bought...

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Jimi-Spandex

The Concretes - Layourbattleaxedown

Not bad, I like the concretes and just wanted some of the b sides, the cover of the stones 'miss you' is quality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

Last album I bought was Yanqui U.X.O was totally blown away by how good it was. Gonna search out Slow Riot For A New Zero Kanada first cause I hear theres an amazing song with some guy talking about conspiracy theories on it. Do they play often and ever in Ireland?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Godspeed play here ever so often alright. I saw them in the Ambassador in 2002 - not sure if they've been here since.

I would have loved to have seen them in the Roisin Dubh in Galway. They played there around 1999/2000 I think. Apparently they blew the place apart which I can well imagine.

More albums - just picked up Clap Your Hands Say Yeah. It's really good - haven't given it more than one listen yet but Skin of My Yellow Country Teeth is one of the best songs I've heard in a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Gonna search out Slow Riot For A New Zero Kanada first cause I hear theres an amazing song with some guy talking about conspiracy theories on it.

It's actually a recording they made of some poet ranting against the state, not really conspiracy theories. It's a great track but the other track on the EP is even better.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 BNJT

London Calling - The Clash. Every bit as good as I heard it was supposed to be. And only €6.99 in Virgin...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Dublin's Finest

BNJT wrote:
    London Calling - The Clash. Every bit as good as I heard it was supposed to be. And only €6.99 in Virgin...

A sound investment.

My last one: Elbow - Leaders of the Free World

Advertisement