Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New Audi TT

Options
  • 12-10-2005 6:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51,202 ✭✭✭✭

See attached photos of the new Audi TT.

Personnally, I think Audi have lost the plot here especially at the rear.

What does everybody else think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,577 ✭✭✭maidhc

Dont like at all. The present one is definately better looking.

The rear looks a bit like the Megane!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

I quite like the rear and the interior, that front grill tho, feck :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

Fugly. Intresting looking sat nav though.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

They turned a sportscar into a hatchback.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭PhoenixRising

I dunno, I think it looks good. Looks like it was inspired by the BMW 1 Series though.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I quite like it, but it's very copycatty. Designers these days seem to be trying to shock and stun, with little regard for /genuine/ originality. It's like they all said to each other: "Let's copy the BMW guy"; but in style, not in substance.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

I think it looks ok. The front grill is a bit too much in your face though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 820 ✭✭✭qBot

I think it looks more like an alpha 147 than a beamer.. Don't like the grill though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

I think it's nice but not as a successor to the TT. It looks more like a direct rival for the 1-Series if anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,396 ✭✭✭fletch

Looks more like it should be a sporty alternative to the A3....there's definately hints of the MCoupe there too.....not 2 bad IMO although the present TT is undoubtedly the better looking car

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Are you sure that's the TT? I've seen other pictures of the new TT ans it wasn't too different to the current model. Subtle changes really. It was posted here in some topic about the A3 or A4 and the linked page had pictures of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,202 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

FX Meister wrote:
    Are you sure that's the TT? I've seen other pictures of the new TT ans it wasn't too different to the current model. Subtle changes really. It was posted here in some topic about the A3 or A4 and the linked page had pictures of it.

Here is the link:
    http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/60893/new_audi_tt.html

You may need to register first.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

I was just admiring a lovely black TT today, but ffs, Audi really have made an abortion of the new one. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭Calibos

Its a concept that may or may not be produced of a third bodystyle in the new TT range alongside the coupe and roadster bodystyles of the existing model. Worst case is that the front of the coupe and roadster will look like the front of that.

ie its not the new (coupe) TT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

My thats uuuugggggly...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

I liked it better when it was called the M Coupe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

qBot wrote:
    I think it looks more like an alpha 147 than a beamer.. Don't like the grill though

well considering the designer of the 147 went onto BMW and designed the 1 Series your on the right track.

personally i love the (excuse the contradiction) retro-new age feel to the cabin, but im pretty much reserving judgement until i see the real thing, in real life, in the metal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭cubix

Just a question regarding the present TT, when they had to do the recall to put the little spoiler on the boot was this for all years or just the ones before they noticed the problem. The reason I ask is because it ruins the smooth lines

Thanks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

All of them. (Why would they do a recall on ones after they noticed the problem, when it's already been fixed?) And apparently it wasn't just the spoiler, a few other things were changed too. Or so someon here said recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭cubix

That was my point Ken, I was hoping after they noticed the problem they would be able to make a design change in the factory with what ever was giving them the grief without having to stick the spoiler on the new ones

Cubix

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭BRM

I like the new TT supposed to be a cracking drive compared to the old one to, much lighter and nimble.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Ken Shabby wrote:
    All of them. (Why would they do a recall on ones after they noticed the problem, when it's already been fixed?) And apparently it wasn't just the spoiler, a few other things were changed too. Or so someon here said recently.

AFAIK, they were retrofitted with ESP at the same time. That can't have been cheap..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭bogmanfan

I saw these pics in a mag a few weeks ago, forget which one. They said that it was the new A2, not TT, and that it was going to directly challenge the Mini and 1-Series!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

BRM wrote:
    I like the new TT supposed to be a cracking drive compared to the old one to, much lighter and nimble.

Not that many owners will notice.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,253 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

BRM wrote:

Performance-wise, it is supposed to be a better drive than the previous model, but I agree with the other poster(s) who said they have turned it into a hatchback.

Definitely shades of the Z3 ///M (and 1 series actually) there I think:

Forecourt%20M%20Coupe%20LR.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Is that not a Z4?

I quite like the TT in that form, interior looks fab. Although as someone who drives an A3, I wouldn't feel I'd made a step up to have that, as it's still a 3 door hatch.

An RS4 however... Nice...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,253 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Is that not a Z4?

I quite like the TT in that form, interior looks fab. Although as someone who drives an A3, I wouldn't feel I'd made a step up to have that, as it's still a 3 door hatch.

An RS4 however... Nice...

Yeah, RS4 would be sweet alright - one of these days...

Pretty sure that was a Z3 ///M, the Z4 seems to have more of a sloped rear:
    http://auto.zoznam.sk/img/art/460_4386bf3ca399f.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Is that not a Z4?

Nope, Z3 M Roadster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭WhatsGoingOn

ciarsd wrote:
    well considering the designer of the 147 went onto BMW and designed the 1 Series your on the right track.

I thought he went to SEAT and designed the new Leon?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Gatster

That's not the TT, it's the shooting brake concept from last year
    Shooting Brake

New TT Here

Advertisement