Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Website Promotion

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 topogina1977

HH32 wrote: »
    Join abunch of Vbull forum, put your URL in the signature and randomly respond to a bunch of threads.

/wait a minute...

can you tell me which is the difference between Vbulletin and Boards.ie? The seem to be running on the same platform and their sites look similar.

scribs wrote: »
    I am currently in a same situation looking to increase traffice to one of my companies websites.
    We spoke to an online marketing company. They spoke to us about web optimisation. Has anyone had this done to their website is there a self help guide to doing this oneself.

Id check out www.statcounter.com - you can use it for free lets you see who exactly is looking at your webiste ip addresses etc

Hi guys,
    same here. spending a lot of money for advertising my site and its just not working. My friends are telling me to be patient as I just started 2 months ago but how long do I have to wait to see some orders going fru?

Advice, Google Analytics is a good tool and is free, too.Thanks

dclare wrote: »
    Lots of people are suggesting Google Adwords. I use it a lot and if it's used properly, you'll get a bunch of relevant, valuable visitors.

However, most people end up paying far too much money on Google by not setting up their campaigns properly.

If you are working off a tight budget, and can't afford to get a PPC company to set up your Adwords campaign professionally, you should spend £15 on Amazon and buy Perry Marshall's Ultimate Guide to Google Adwords, as it'll get you off to a good start.

DClare, do you have an idea of how much it would cost me to get one of these companies setting up a google campaign for me? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭arynne

I gave a company €650.00. to set up my Google Adwords account and have set a monthly budget of €500.00. for pay per click. The same company will keep an eye on it and make changes as necessary. It is too early yet to say how its going because the site will not be live for another few weeks. If this does not work I'll throw my hat at it!! But I believe you have to spend money to make money.

A.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 dclare

A few companies offer a set up service, with prices starting from about €250 (+ a monthly fee if you want it managed for you).

If you are currently advertising on Google Adwords, I can have a quick look at your account and give you a few pointers if you want. Send me a PM.

BTW, Google Analytics is a must or you are throwing money down the drain..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Ullyz

Google Adwords are very, very important as you are looking to promote online webpage not offline shop (as i understand). But it also needs to be used wisely, read literature and all google offered free FAQs they are realy helpfull.

jsut a quick example 10 000 leaflets cost around 700 euros delivered in selected Dublin area, it is 10 000 house nearly 3 people in each. sounds nice 30 000 people will se your ad, but how many of them realy looking to buy?
    and on adwords u got clicks only from interested people...

so optimise your website and try different buy different words.

* - dont try to buy most popular words, focus on cheaper words, the might be less relevant but the competition on them is also less ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 dclare

Adwords used well can bring in lots of highly targeted, valuable traffic...used badly, it can rocket you to the poor house!!!

Google give good basic info to put you on the right track, but like everything online, small changes can result in huge improvements in ROI.

The videos in the Google Adwords help centre are a good starting point, but look for independent info too (i.e. not from Google) to really start seeing results.

I have decided to pause my AdWords campaign as it was not driving any results and I have started advertising on Facebook and it works! I am getting more visits and it's cheaper. With Facebook you can also decide the age range of your potential customers / users that can be interested in your products. Have a look into as it seems to be a great tool!

http://www.facebook.com/advertising/

Cheers,

Alex

Advertisement