Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Glyder

Options
  • 11-10-2005 8:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭

hows it going, just recommending a great up and coming irish rock band that i heard recently to everyone,their album aint out yet but it has been produced by the legendary producer Chris Tsangarides ( thin lizzy ).
    They actually supported the current thin lizzy on their latest tour of ireland, anyone manage to catch them?

anyway i think their music is the most exciting on the current irish circuit anybody else want to jump on the bandwagon can visit their site www.glydermusic.com and check out some of their tracks which are available on site.

they just added a forum, link is on the above website,record companies sniffing around so try add some support, thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

have to say feckin excellent band one of the best hard rock bands to emerge from ireland in the last 10 years evryone will know who they are in 2006 and thats a promise!!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

Did they have a name change recently? I think I might remember them as something other then Glyder

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭CrimE

Heard them on FM104 open mic a while back and I downloaded some of their stuff from the site and was impressed, stargazer is a class song imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Did they have a name change recently? I think I might remember them as something other then Glyder

yeah they used to be known as Hllywd as in hollywood - name change only happened recently, they have 2 dublin gigs coming up in december worth a visit id say!
    CrimE wrote:
    stargazer is a class song imo.

have to agree with you there, its amazing

Ah, H*llyw**d or something. Yeah, thats where I heard them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Zeppie

Have seen Glyder in Dorans in Dublin and can totally agree with whats already been posted! ...They are a brill band. Was very nicely surprised as I went to the gig mainly to see the supporting act as I knew a member in there. Can deffo reccomend them!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

pure class..

any chance of playing up north?

pure class..

any chance of playing up north?

they are supporting belfast band the answer in cork limerick and dublin soon, so who knows what might come of that,

also an irish tour planned for january so we'l have to see how that develops,

will keep you updated

Zeppie wrote:
    Have seen Glyder in Dorans in Dublin and can totally agree with whats already been posted! ...They are a brill band. Was very nicely surprised as I went to the gig mainly to see the supporting act as I knew a member in there. Can deffo reccomend them!

hope to see you in dublin on the 1st or the 9th of december

What... are you their promotions manager or something?

• Advertisement

What... are you their promotions manager or something?

nope just a fan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Zeppie

hope to see you in dublin on the 1st or the 9th of december

You might just ...didn't know they were playin tho I haven't checked out the site in a while...must stick that on my to do list!

Then round up some ppl to accompany me!

GLYDER are playing as part of the New School of Rock show in temple bar music centre this thursday 1st december along with two other great bands, Sundogs and Jaded Sun,

admission is €10 at the door and doors open at 7:30

great night of rock should be had!!!

After a great night in temple bar music centre Glyder are back again supporting belfast band The Answer this friday the 9th of December in Whelans, tickets are €10 (or pay at the door) and doors open at 7:30pm

Unfortunetly tonights glyder gig supporting the answer has been cancelled due to the singer of the answer having a sore throat!

sorry to all who planned to go

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

where can i buy their album?

obl wrote:
    where can i buy their album?

the album is complete but is not released at the moment, the band decided to fund the production themselves, so now they are currently considering a number of potential record deals - news is expected soon on that front.

for now though you can download 2 pre-production tracks from the website www.glydermusic.com or listen to some fully produced album tracks on www.myspace.com/glyder

I know this is slightly off topic, but does anyone know where i could find a tab for colour of money

obl wrote:
    I know this is slightly off topic, but does anyone know where i could find a tab for colour of money

your best bet is to email the guys from glyder on the site in my sig down below, they are very nice guys and really down to earth but i dont know how luck you will be :D or how sensitive they are about it :confused: ,

i guess this means you like the song?

for those from that neck of the woods or those willing to travel Glyder are playing in the ballyknockan inn in wiclow along with Erin Maiden on the 30th of december.....the perfect way to prepare for those new year celebrations...

come along for some rockin in the knockan.

• Advertisement

it's an absolutely savage song

Glyder play their own tribute Pre-Vibe for Phil Lynott in Eamon Doran's this Tuesday the 3rd of January. The lads will be playing numerous Thin Lizzy songs and will be also belting out a few of their own. If the last one is anything to go by this is not to be missed - Details are as follows:

Venue: Eamon Doran's
    Date: Tuesday 3rd january
    Time: 8:00
    Admission: €10

you can also catch Glyder at the actual Vibe the following day (4th) in Vicar Street where they will be playing a short set of 3 Thin Lizzy covers.

Upcoming Glyder Gigs

FEB

FRI 10th Eamon Dorans

SAT 25th The Hub

MARCH

SAT 4th Fibber Magees

SAT 18th March Eamon Dorans (Matinee gig) all ages GLYDER, with Daycota and Leanne Harte opening €5

FRI 24th Whelans (with wishbone Ash)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 glydermusic

hi there,

special guests for 10th Feb are Leanne Harte and Daycota,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 kaiseroshea

Saw glyder recently in Eamonn dorans what a gig this band are the dogs b*ll*x

GlyderGig_Medium_.jpg

Glyder play two gigs this weekend in the build up to the release of their debut album in April.

Friday 3rd March - Isaac Butt's - 8:00pm

Saturday 4th March - Fibber Magee's - 8:00pm

Keep up to date with all the latest news on Glyder through any of the following 3 links:

Myspace: www.myspace.com/glyder

Fan Forum: http://s2.phpbbforfree.com/forums/glyder.html

Glyder's Debut album is out on April 1st - You can catch the band live in Tower Records on Saturday 1st April at 13:00.

Glyder release their debut album with an official launch party in the sugar club on wednesday 29th April, with doors opening at 8:00PM. It is possible to pay at the door, with a charge of €10, but interest is high so to avoid any dissapointment get there early!

Glyder and True Talent Management are delighted to annouce that the debut album will be available on BAD REPUTATION for UK , France, Spain, Italy and ROCK INC Holland and Benelux , TTR/AME for Ireland.

Glyder will also be performing instore in Tower Records on Saturday April 1st with proceedings kicking off at 2:00

Glyder are also participating in a Phantom FM Podcast. The Glyder podcast will be released on Friday. If you are using iTunes you can add the subscription link http://phantomfm2.libsyn.com/rss/ispot to your subscriptions and you'll get it automatically. Otherwise you can download it directly from http://www.phantomfm.com/now/podcasts.htm as soon as it's posted up! The podcast is in MP3 format so you can listen to it on your PC - you don't need an iPod or a MP3 player. The podcast will be up for a while so don't worry of you can't get online at the weekend.

Finally Glyder have also completed an interview with Classic Rock magazine, due to appear in next months edition of the popular magazine.

The PhantomFM podcast is now available for direct download, a short interview and 2 tracks from the album - File size is 10MB, you can download it below:

Right Click --> Save Target As

http://media.libsyn.com/media/phantomfm2/I-Spot_Glyder.mp3

Many Thanks to PhantomFM.

• Advertisement

3 small clips from lastnights launch listed below:

1. http://www.zippyvideos.com/8675930774579256/glyder_-_you_wont_bring_me_down/

About 11mb clip of the ending of 'you wont bring me down'

2. http://www.zippyvideos.com/4580591484579316/glyder_-_drum_lights/

About 6mb clip of Davy's drums lighting up during Die or Dance

3. http://www.zippyvideos.com/9950322804579416/glyder-_savage_guitar_playing_and_hair_shaking/

About 7mb clip of hair shakingly good guitar playing

Photos of the gig can be seen here: http://www.esnips.com/web/StargazersPhotos

Advertisement