Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats you're handicap?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Best of luck to you, my adive is its not how hard or fast you swing or hit the ball ,its the crisp contact you get. Start of swinging at different speeds, you fastest being a 10 and slowest being a 1 and see which gives you most consistancy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,576 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

5.6.... the worst 6 handicapper in Leinster.....make that Ireland

The bantams tip...

Let the clubhead do it for you... release it... past your hands... don't hang on and try to bull it.... swwwwish

• Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭mikeruurds

Best of luck to you, my adive is its not how hard or fast you swing or hit the ball ,its the crisp contact you get. Start of swinging at different speeds, you fastest being a 10 and slowest being a 1 and see which gives you most consistancy.

Thanks DM & Bantam :) My Ram Wizard II's arrived today... not exactly Callaway's but great for a beginner!

Off to Peamount in the morning to find my optimal swing :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Niall09

im 14 years of age. i started at 50 handicap 5 years ago. i am off 7 now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭slumped

Niall09 wrote:
    im 14 years of age. i started at 50 handicap 5 years ago. i am off 7 now.

Well done, but 50 was not a real handicap.

What was your first official handicap??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭madds

Played off 7 when I was 20-ish but was away from the game for ~8 years or so due to football involvement. Back playing regular this year and have lost 2 shots .

If I can go more for accuracy off the tee than distance, I should come down another couple of shots next year as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

was cut to 15 back in the summer, from 18, problem now is i can't play 18 holes nevermind a handicap :)

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Niall09

slumped wrote:
    Well done, but 50 was not a real handicap.

What was your first official handicap??

well 50 was my first handicap as a junior. i got a gui card wen i got down to 18.

Advertisement