Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many sexual partners would the average irish 27 year old women have had

Options
  • 05-10-2005 6:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

How many sexual partners would the average Irish 27 year old women have had assuming they started having sex at 16? My girlfriend is 27 and has had 18.

The last girl i went out with had only 2 before me. I doubt very much either were lying.

And have most Irish women at that age had a few one night stands?
    I know this is all normal nowadays but I think 18 is a lot. She was always careful and I would say choosy enough but it's hard to get it out of my head. But I have no choice really.

how many have girls here had?

is 10 a lot?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

F*ck no! 18 would work out as each relationship lasting between 4 months and 2 years if she started dating @ 18. if she started at 16, that may mean 4 flings, and a few long-term relationships. But was she boasting, or was she telling you, to let you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭toiletduck

did she have them all in one night?

if so, then yes that is bad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

No, 18 seems unremarkable tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 clit commando

the_syco wrote:
    F*ck no! 18 would work out as each relationship lasting between 4 months and 2 years if she started dating @ 18. if she started at 16, that may mean 4 flings, and a few long-term relationships. But was she boasting, or was she telling you, to let you know?

i asked..... thought it was too many?
    but i know a lot of women are easy these days

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

The number doesn't somehow really matter, as long as she felt that she respected herself all the time. This seems to bother you however. why?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭BobTheBeat

jesus, be careful how you put that clit commando. I dont think its a matter of them being easy. It's about being sexually liberal, just like us blokes have been for centuries.
    I would imagine one night stands are common place among certain womens social/age groups. Why would she need to lie?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

not being an average 27yo Irish women, i.e. being a 28yo Irish man I wouldn't know for sure..but what passes for average these days anyway?

As long as she was always careful what does it matter? You're with her in the present and into the future that's all that should matter. The past is behind you both so leave it there, maybe you haven't slept with as many people as she has and you're jealous/insecure about it. There's no need to be, just enjoy your relationship.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

i asked..... thought it was too many?
    but i know a lot of women are easy these days

Indeed, I'd be careful what you say there Commando.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Just be happy she's ****ing you now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

How or why is this a person issue for you ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

This just my opinion now, but I wouldn't be comfortable having a relationship with a woman who has had 18 sexual partners before me. Then again, it's all up in the air these days, people seem to **** for sport.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

Yeah i would be the same being honest.....
    Laguna wrote:
    This just my opinion now, but I wouldn't be comfortable having a relationship with a woman who has had 18 sexual partners before me. Then again, it's all up in the air these days, people seem to **** for sport.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Snickers Man

According to a supplement on sexual matters in one of the supplements lately the average Irish person today loses their virginity between 16.5 and 17.5 and has 10.5 different sexual partners in the course of their lives.

(guess the 0.5 means one of them must have been during a threesome)

For what it's worth, my own opinion is that if you could line 500 Irish people up against a wall and could be guaranteed of having a truthful answer out of all of them (a big if) to the questions When did you pop your cherry and how many people have you shagged? you would get such a wide variety of answers that there would be no such thing as a 'normal' rate of conquest.

I know many people, none of them ugly or sad or socially inept or religiously zealous or whatever who didn't start until their 20s, even their late 20s and have been none the worse for their experience.

Moral of the tale?

Enjoy whatever you get and don't worry about how many or how often everybody else is doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Jesper

commando

n 1: a member of a military unit trained as shock troops for hit-and-run raids

So "clit commando" is it right to throw stones when your in a green house.
    But seriously you know her best if she's not easy there is nothing to worry about. Were you honest to her about your numbers. If you like her it souldn't be a problem. I'd say an awful lot of women that age have had a lot more than that number so unless you want to rule yourself out of maybe 50% (would I be right female posters?) of women out there you'll just have to live with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

This is a strange one , I couldnt go with a girl in a relantionship that has slept with 18 fellas , im not knocking it, its just me.But then again age old arguement if a fella sleeps with 18 girls he is called a stud if a lady does it she is a slut.Not my opinion im just stating teh old arguement,but i could never be with anyone long term if she had that many sexual partners.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Jesper wrote:
    commando

n 1: a member of a military unit trained as shock troops for hit-and-run raids

So "clit commando" is it right to throw stones when your in a green house.
    Dude, watch "Jay & Silent Bob: Strike Back"
    OP: if you had a one-night stand once a week for the last 10 years, you proberly wouldn't think there was anything wrong with it, but you'd proberly still have a hang-up with her having 18 previous partners.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

this is not a PI
    moved
    B

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭annR

Laguna and Powerhousedan, can you explain why you would be uncomfortable with this? I'm just interested in how men really view women who have/had sex regularly not necessarily with the same person.

Personally I think 18 is rather a lot but surely it's a bit more complex than that. Like why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭~Leanne~

Dont see what the big deal is! Im 27 and ive had a lot of partners but i have always practised safe sex.
    Typical the way it dosent matter how many girls a bloke sleeps with!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Anyone else see the irony of someone calling themselves 'clit commando' giving out about promiscuity? :)

18 sexual partners is far from remarkable for someone of 27 years. Assuming, as you mention, she started having sex at 16, it's not even 2 partners a year. I'm sure most blokes of 27 would say they've slept with more than 2 women a year. I don't see the problem.

Then again, I used to go out with a 20-year-old who had had over 15 sexual partners before me... now that might be something to be bothered by (although practice makes perfect, eh?).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

The only problem I'd see would be if you saw a lot of those 18 people regularly.

Nobody wants to be bumping in your partners ex's who can look you in the eye with a smile that seems to say I was there first... :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭Neuro

How many sexual partners would the average Irish 27 year old women have had assuming they started having sex at 16? My girlfriend is 27 and has had 18.

It is statistically incorrect to ask what's the average number of sexual partners a woman, or indeed a man, has had, for such data tends to be positively skewed: that is, it's possible for individuals to have 100+ partners, but impossible for any individual to have a negative number of sexual partners. Therefore, those individuals who are most sexually active tend to greatly inflate the average.

The correct way to analyse data with non-standard variance is to use the median, not the average or mean. The median of a set of data is the value that lies midway in the dataset after the data has been sorted in ascending, or descending, order.

In my opinion, the median number of sexual partners a 27 year-old Irish female has had would probably lie in the low to mid single-digit range.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

To the OP I would ask why is it bothering you

If you are worried about STDs then you should talk to her about it and maybe ask that you both get tested before you start a sexual relationship. This is actually a quite good idea for any new relationship, she could have caught something off the very first guy she slept with (so could u for that matter) Be very careful not to sound like you are giving out to her, or saying she was done something wrong, and tell her you want to get tested as well for her sake.

If on the other hand you are just worried about your girlfriend being a dirty whore, well sorry mate that is your issue, nothing to do with your girl. Its just your "virgin complex" (made that term up btw) coming through. Men like girls to have little sexual experience (or at least think they don't) because to a guy (speaking as one) we worry about how good we are in bed and we want to feel we are give the woman something she hasn't had before. We also don't like thinking of our women with other men, even if they were with them before we came along. Which is where the whole women must be virgins thing comes from.

But that ain't your partners fault, and really u should get over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭Dizzyblabla

I can't believe that guys here are going on about "being uncomfortable" with being in a relationship with a girl who's slept with alot of men.... how about when you're 2 or even 3 months into a relationship, and then it's finally said, "oh I've slept with x amount of guys", what, you're going to dump her?

how many dates would you go on with a girl before trying to sleep with her? for most men the answer is none, if you can get what you want on the first night, great, but no, you could never go out with her because she's obviously some kind of "easy" girl... it drives me nuts that guys have such double standards...

ok, but back to my other question, how many dates before sleeping with her, say you're going out for 2 -3 weeks, is it acceptable now? Ok, so now it doesn't work out? and you break up after 6 weeks, and she heads off out and finds another guy... this can be a viscious circle, so like one poster said earlier, 18 guys in the space of almost 10 years? that's not alot, I'm sure if you didn't have sex for 6 months you'd be out looking for some yourself, what makes a girl any different?
    If you're in a relationship, you get to have sex all the time, and that's ok, cause it's with the same guy, but if you're single, then are you not entitled to the same fun? Only difference is, it's with different guys, so it's taboo. Has Sex and the City not taught anyone anything? I don't understand what's bad about having a bit of fun, it's 2005 guys, not 1945.

and OP, what makes you uncomfortable? The fact that she slept with them, or that fact that you have alot more guys to live up to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭dramaqueen

It is shocking to think that in this day and age there are still men out there who think like this.
    Perhaps the issue isn't really that she slept with 18 people but that she has 18 people to compare you with! And you are afraid that you won't measure up.
    Get over yourself and get out of the stone age. It's none of your business what she did before she met you.
    This is exactly why women don't want to have this discussion with their boyfriends or why they lie.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Why would it bother you that a woman has slept with other guys before you? If you're really into your girlfriend, the number of guys she's been with shouldn't bother you in the least! As long as you're not getting some sort of STI out of it - I don't see why you should care. Everyone has a past you know.

to be honest i am very good in bed and do not worry about that side of things at all... i know how to please a women in bed. i just hate thinking about her with all those guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭Dizzyblabla

to be honest i am very good in bed and do not worry about that side of things at all... i know how to please a women in bed. i just hate thinking about her with all those guys.

And how many women have you slept with?
    how many would be acceptable for her to have slept with? 2, maybe 3? what about 7? what's the difference?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭fischerspooner

I really think some of the guys posting here are unbelievably pathetic. "I wouldn't go out with a girl who slept with 18 guys". Why in the christ not? I am 25, I reckon I've slept with around 15 girls, and my current g/f is 31. I never asked her how many she's been with, that's just childish and immature. Why would you want to know? what business is it of yours? And how could it possibly affect you now? For all I know, and it's quite a possibility (her being still single when I met her at 31), she may have slept with 50/60/100 men, who knows??? The only thing that matters now is that she wants me, and no one else (I hope!). Anyway, get over yourselves you bunch of losers, I really hope if you ever find love they come out some day and tell you they've slept with dozens of guys, I would enjoy the fact that your sad little brains would be driven crazy by the torment!!!

• Advertisement

i slept with 15 but could have been a lot more if i wasn't such a pisshead
    how many have u slept with? ......... 7?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement