Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Fury of Tim

Options
  • 04-10-2005 12:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭

Dum-de-dum, just clearing a space on the floor here. Keep an eye out for future developments.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

OK, we played a gig tonight. I didn't announce it because we're down from a three piece to a two piece (that's two guitars and a bass down to two guitars) and both me and the other John were more than a little nervous. So we only announced it to a few friends and indifferent strangers. I'm more than happy to announce it was a great success and we'll be pimping gigs as they appear.

Upcoming gigness to be confirmed. New member to be confirmed. New songs to be confirmed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

So... is it confirmed?

Right, after a couple of months of navel gazing and general inactivity the Fury of Tim are back. We're now a four piece:
    Marc Galligan - Bass
    John Guiney - Guitar/Mandolin
    John Kealy - Guitar
    Ronan Lyne - Drums

We're looking at doing gigs in Crawdaddy and TCD over the next few weeks. For more news as it happens, join our mailing list by dropping us a line at [email]furyoftim *at* gmail *dot* com[/email]. Gracias!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Should be interesting. I refuse to subscribe to your newsletter but shall keep an eye on this threat for further developments :D

• Advertisement

Excellent... I look forward to this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Anything recorded as of yet?

Also what type of music do yis play?

Nothing recorded yet, we're working on it though. We play post rocky kind of stuff, something along the lines of My Bloody Valentine, Dirty 3, Larsen, etc.

After much delay, we are gigging!
    5th October 2006 at 8:00 pm
    The Hub, Eustace St., Temple Bar.
    We'll be playing as part of TCD's freshers' week program. If you're a TCD student, join DURNS for cheap entry. Hopefully there will be drinks deals on the night. There will definitely be rocking out and volume.

Link to our bebo page with a short video of two of us jamming some new material.

We also have a myspace page with not much on it.

Hope to see some of you there!

Just a reminder about Thursday's gig. It's €5 in (€3 if you're a member of DURNS). Still not sure who'd playing with us though.

• Advertisement

I look forward to taking ze floor with ye... :D

I look forward to flooring you ;)

That sounds hot

Great set lads.

The Europe Endless cover was the high point for me, what with the singing into the guitar and all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Nothingcompares

good gig.

Thanks lads. Gig was recorded so I'll be popping it up online when I get it back from our magic mixer Jay. In the meantime look at photos of hot rock stars (taken by our magic photographer Agnieszka):
    j001cb2.jpg
    j005bwslr0.jpg
    j010tu0.jpg
    j012ab7.jpg
    j013bwsto0.jpg
    j019sjb8.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Nothingcompares

i like the guitarilungus picture

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

Sitting down? Sacrelige!

fish-head wrote:
    Sitting down? Sacrelige!

I heard a few people say that alright

• Advertisement

It's hard to play ebow guitar like I do standing up. Plus most of the songs require constant tweaking of effects pedals and that's a lot easier when sitting down. And also, **** off, I like sitting!

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭taztastic

For the first time in my life i am jealous of a musical instrument. That guitar looks like it had an awfully good time. So when are you bringing the fury of tim tour up north. You have groupies all over you know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

John wrote:
    Thanks lads. Gig was recorded so I'll be popping it up online when I get it back from our magic mixer Jay. In the meantime look at photos of hot rock stars (taken by our magic photographer Agnieszka):

Any sign yet?

Would like a listen :)

Still waiting :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Ah right :(

Anything with a mandolin has got to be good! :D

Oh it is!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

John wrote:
    It's hard to play ebow guitar like I do standing up. Plus most of the songs require constant tweaking of effects pedals and that's a lot easier when sitting down. And also, **** off, I like sitting!

Lazy goodfornuthin' knob tweaking...

It's what I do best

Ok, still no sign of the recordings but I do have good news: another gig! We'll be invading Eamonn Doran's on Wednesday 17th January. More news on the price (should be cheap) and line up when I get it.

• Advertisement

The line up for the gig:
    The Motives
    Whose Band is it Anyway?
    The Fury of Tim
    Double or Nothing

Eamonn Doran's 8pm, €5 entry (€3 for members of DURNS)
    Over 18s, ID required. A smile essential.

Advertisement