Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is this book?

Options
  • 01-10-2005 1:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭

It's about a girl and people from the world have all disappeared except for a select few that seem to be entirely useless for anypurpose in staying behind. The girls boyfriend,another girl,boy and a smart pudgey boy. The girl was pregnant and they had decided to have an abortion(prior to everyone disappearing) but when she was in the room, she could not do it and she walked out and went home without telling her boyfriend that she didn't do it. She goes home falls asleep and wakes up to find all but these people gone.it ends with her meeting her omnipresent daugther explaining the positives of her not being aborted and how it affected the world. Yes the book does sound dire but that's beside the point :P and before someone mentions it no its not girlfriend in a coma by that god awful Coupland

<3 thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭NoDayBut2Day

Hmm.. people disappearing... some left behind. Sounds like the "Left Behind" series. But it's not the same one... as no one in the series had an abortion. Sorry.. wish I could help you.

~NoDayBut2Day <><
    xoxo
    :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭ExOffender

Two possibilities occur... one is 'The Stand' by Steven King (clever pudgy Harold Lauder?) What'serface (Fran I think) wants an abortion but couldn't do it, and the father of the kid can't hack it, but that's all before the super-flu Captain Trips kills off a bunch of people?

The only other one I can even vaguely think of is 'See you in the Flip Side' I think by Nicholas Fisk. But that was really more for kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,493 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Definitely not The Stand, there's nothing mentioned about the kid in it til near the end, and she definitely doesn't talk. Also I don't think that's what's most likely to be remembered

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Nimrod's Son

If that's not The Stand, then someone's done a damn good job plagiarising it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Anton17

It sounds very much like a christopher pike book i read years and years ago, can't remember the name though

• Advertisement
Advertisement