Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pro Evo Soccer 5 Thread...

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

bazH wrote:
    It takes 2 weeks to get the hang of the flow of the game, its much quicker turning, once you know how
    Agreed.
    I thought the PC demo played terrible... way to slow, too many fouls, cpu seemed to "cheat".
    However, I brushed up on some moves (cheers for the link bazH!) and now cant wait to get the full version.
    The movement and physics are miles ahead of PES4, and the gameplay has vastly improved.
    Thinking about it now, I remember the first few days playing PES4 and I thought I'd never get used to it. I was so close to ditching it to PES3... but sanity prevailed!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

KdjaC wrote:
    LOL@ high standard no offence but beat a player and the game is yours simple as that, high skilled etc counts for crap. You beat a player you have space its what you do with the space that makes you good or bad. Not supwer cancelling cos your initial pass was ****.

Thats funny, because most people that use it well, use it for exactly that, beating a player. You obviously dont grasp the subtle use of it, as the pass can be a great pass but you can still use Super Cancel to fool the defender and leave him for dead.
    Maybe try experimenting with it a bit more, you might find it more useful than you think...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Using super cancel wont make you a super player, but most decent skilled players i played, do indeed use it.

Whatever works for you i guess, but it would be regarded as an advanced move.

Its not a case of not being able to make a pass, most decent skilled players, manual switch to the 2nd nearest defender and cover any space behind the recieving passer.

Super Cancelling is more of enabling a free movement when a player is locked in a path.

Anyway i agree with dar83

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

dar83 wrote:
    Thats funny, because most people that use it well, use it for exactly that, beating a player. You obviously dont grasp the subtle use of it, as the pass can be a great pass but you can still use Super Cancel to fool the defender and leave him for dead.
    Maybe try experimenting with it a bit more, you might find it more useful than you think...

Dummy works a lot better than that, bazh hit the nail on the head
    Super Cancelling is more of enabling a free movement when a player is locked in a path.

Anyway we see soon enough if Pes5 is any use online then i can reclaim my position as No 1 un-frikkin-defeated bestest boards player ever!!!!! ;)

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭d22ontour

KdjaC wrote:

Anyway we see soon enough if Pes5 is any use online then i can reclaim my position as No 1 un-frikkin-defeated bestest boards player ever!!!!! ;)

kdjac

Tbh i kind of got sick of beating you all the time so maybe pes5 will get you to offer more of a challenge.

Un-frikkin-defeated my ass. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

d22ontour wrote:
    Tbh i kind of got sick of beating you all the time so maybe pes5 will get you to offer more of a challenge.

Banned for telling porkies.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

whiskeyman wrote:
    Thinking about it now, I remember the first few days playing PES4 and I thought I'd never get used to it. I was so close to ditching it to PES3... but sanity prevailed!

christ i think we've all been there! booting it up, playing it for one game, saying "this is ****e" as you realise you cant use the same tactics from the last game... lol

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Mongo

Anyone know anywhere to get this early in Cork??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭ricey

When is it out in the shops? Im sick of waiting to play online..lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

is it this Friday? please let it be this Friday

Friday = pay day

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Raggamuffin

I don't mean to labour a point but i always thought proev3 was far superior in gameplay.

I know all about the realism and such but the action was faster and the glitches were easier to put up with.

Also 2 points must be made.

1. between PES2 and PES3 there were 2 years. Lots more imprrovements. Less of the liscensing crap and more gameplay.

2. THE KEEPERS!!! why does nobody bring this up? they are awful.

I've played the demo on the pc and i have to say i'm way more impressed this time around. But still i'm worried. The trend towards sponsorship and licensing just will eventually turn it into fifa. There is a new easier transfer system now right?

Anyway i'lll be keeping my PES3 just in case and trading in 4 for 5 so i can finally rid myself of the waste of money. Oh and i'll never ever buy a fifa game i'm not that desperate to waste my money.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭mcgarnicle

Anyone playing this on live at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

RaggaMuffin no chance.

how can it be turned into a fifa if the gameplay continues to get better and better yet they get licenses? it is what the game needs. There is only so much development of the gameplay they can do. It is practically perfect. They just need licenses.

I have been playing pro for 3 years now exactly and i must say pro 5 is a big leap from 2, 3 and 4 in terms of changes but at first i thought **** pro has turned ****, but after 20 games or so with my flat m8 things are changing for the good im getting used to the way it plays and in all honesty its as good as pro 4 and in time i believe it will be better. theres alot more thought involved in the game. not just using ronaldo and taking him around four or five players using the the + on the joypad, more on teamplay than dependance, give the game a few weeks i bet you will think different.. btw the shooting system is calss now.... power or placed shots kicks ass

Advertisement