Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

changing courses

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Actually UCD are starting graduate entry medicine NEXT YEAR. They have no idea what fees will be because they're still in negotiation with the government.

Graduate entry medicine in the UK costs 3-4 grand a year for Irish students - trust me, I have asked questions and been to open days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Diablolical

Yeah the u.k is full of Irish studnets studying the various para-medical degrees,with the cheap skate goverment we have(well at least cheap skate on third level education) its only going to get worse.The most fustrating thing is that I know of couple of English people who came from the U.K to study Pharmacy thus forcing people like me out of my own country.I just can't understand this surely all the pharmacy/medical places should be filled in the U.K before they come looking over here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

im just quoting what was written in the irish times on the date above. my brother did a masters over in england and it cost him 8,500eur for a year and it wasn't from a posh establishment.
    the BHS sometimes sponsors students as they want them to remain in the country working as registars, the same does not apply in ireland(with regard to sponsorship) that might be why fees appear cheaper there. many irish students go to england becuse it's slightly easier to get into but you have to bear in mind living expenses and the high rate of sterling against the euro, overall it'd cost at least 6/8 grand to cover that with visits home etc. here the fees are
    only covered by the department of education. remember the same dosn't apply here as england's a seperate country.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 cjh111

If you get into a course , is there any way to transfer to one worth higher points than you received in the LC , under any circumstances? Like not being that far off , similar courses , spaces ect.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Anita Blow

If you're looking to transfer into the 1st year of another course you must have the points for that course.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Gordon Gecko

Think this is best when old threads are re-opened...

Advertisement