Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite album of the year?

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

er...ive only bought 3 albums that were releasd this year (nearly all the cds i buy are ones released years earlier)....but ANYWAY

GARBAGE-BLEED LIKE ME brilliant album...i dont care what the critics say.
    Hard Fi-Stars Of CCTV was a great album too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Anton17

B.R.M.C - Howl (probably their best yet, way better than the last one anyways)

The Ravonettes -Pretty In Black

Bloc Party - Silent Alarm

Erol Alkans bugged out mix and selection is the best compliation and mix this year by a country mile

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

Flock - Bell x1
    Live at Alcamy - Dire Straits
    Add it Up - Violent Femmes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭odhran

sleater kinney- the woods
    arcade fire- funeral
    stars- set yourself on fire
    death from above 1979- you're a woman, i'm a machine

i thought it was a great year for music. there were loads of other great albums that i couldn't be bothered listing too!

the new westlife one is brilliant!:D

ah no for me it has to be greenday kaiser chiefs coldplay

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

does arcade fire count as this year rather than last year then?
    i think the maximo park album is vastle under-rated - best guitar record of the year imho...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭odhran

i'm pretty sure that the date on funeral is listed as 2005.... was it rereleased maybe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭the real ramon

Sleater-Kinney - The woods. About the only music Ive heard this year that grabs me and keeps me awake, most stuff Ive heard I just end up drifting off into my own little world and not really listening to the music, most 'indie'/'alternative' music these days just sounds... I dunno. MOR or something.

Dissapointing year for music yet again for me.

Is 'alternative' now counter-revolutionary mainstream?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

does arcade fire count as this year rather than last year then?
    i think the maximo park album is vastle under-rated - best guitar record of the year imho...

Arcade Fire LP only got a UK/this part of world release on 28 Feb 2005.
    Was out in the US last year alright.

In my opinion it qualifies as a 2005 album.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

Doves, The Coral, Kaiser Cheifs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 mobil1

Doves...ya man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 mobil1

Within Temptation.. Stand my ground is a very good track

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

Death from Above 1979's was class and so was the futurehead's(think it was released '04). Don't know why nobody has mentioned QOTS's album cos it had some great songs. Someone probably did, I didn't read all the posts.
    There were some very good albums that i've heard this year, can't think of them all though.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Winter Slide

We Are Scientists- With Love and Squalor. Unbelievable! I can't stop listening to it. Heard the Babyshambles album today and its beans

Advertisement